Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm enjoying Maoyu: Archenemy and Hero so far (3 episodes in). It scratches that itch that Spice and Wolf does about economics. Not exactly sure where exactly the Maou is pulling all of these new inventions, farming techniques, and other improvements from though. Is she just supposed to be a genius or has she found a secret stash of long lost information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Gotta get to 5 seasons

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

Her nature still hasn’t been revealed in the anime asswipe. Take that poo poo down.

I've read every English LN for the series and there is nothing spoilery about posting a picture of the Demon Lord from So I'm a Spider, So What? She's in the promo pictures and OP for each episode.

Chill out.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Motto posted:

I liked the volume of Executioner I read well enough, though they of course get derailed by their latest target being very difficult to permanently kill.

I mean, it seems pretty obvious it's going for a "hey this story you've been told about the Isekai'd kids destroying the world if you don't murder them as soon as they land in our world" may not be a totally true story told to our executioner protagonist.

Either that or she's going to fall for the aforementioned impossible to kill Isekai and forsake her task.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The Colonel posted:

spy kids 3d is a movie that spends its entire length building up to a jesus figure named the guy appearing, and then he finally appears in the last act, opens one door, and immediately gets shot with a laser beam and dies and nobody ever mentions him again

You mean, "The Guy"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgKSHEYCuZU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Bullbar posted:

Super Cub is just the kind of chill experience I needed right now

Imma be real with ya all. Super Cub is very much my jam.

Only issue I have so far is they they draw her rosy cheeks it looks like she’s horrified 24/7.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Isn't he unable to taste anything in slime form? Why not switch back?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

iOS I'm afraid.

Paperback. It’s in beta right now.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Which SSJ form is Goku wearing a bunch of Supreme gear?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

People keep saying this new movie is going to wrap everything up in a nice bow, but what if Homura makes things EVEN WORSE.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Grouchio posted:

There aren't and Homura has made Kyubey her prison bitch in exchange for cutting off Madoka's independence. A fair trade.

Madoka's psychopomp solution wasn't a terribly good one anyway since Kyubey and co. are like the American military and oil when it comes to magical girls and their free energy from their suffering. They can't resist themselves.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Captain Cappy posted:

Homura did nothing wrong.

Unironically this.

I was initially pretty bummed by the ending of Rebellion since it overturned the "Happy Ending" of the original series. But given the events of the movie up to that point, Homura actually made the world a better place and her solution is far more stable than Madoka's.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Doesn’t that mean master or mistress?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The oldest Ancient Divine Beast, the Demon Lord, and the Ruler of Gluttony. She is actually the Origin Taratect, the progenitor of the entire taratect spider-monster species, All taratects are her kin and offspring, directly descended from her, and their souls are connected to her.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Monogatari series
Fate/Zero
Mononoke
Mushishi
Death Parade

What resonated with you most with re:zero (season 1 or 2?)

It should be noted that Monogatari has a kind of confusing watch order, but it is very much worth it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I'm extremely disappointed no one has suggested JoJo's Bizarre adventure .

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Stay Night's Artoria was my first waifu

gonna second One Punch Man, and going to add Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!, Sweetness & Lightning, and Space Brothers.

A Place Further than the Universe had me bawling at the end.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Is that the Antarctica one? I still haven't seen that yet.

Yep!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

I loved Joshiraku, but a solid 75% of the jokes require a familiarity with Japanese social-politics. Like, even more than Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. (On top of dating itself really quickly because of it.)

There's a lot of just straight up language puns too that the translators try their best to port over, but really don't work very well half of the time.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Watching Super Cub and I'm not sure if they've used the technique earlier in the show, but there was a very deliberate color balance change @15:30 in episode 8, when the protagonist warms up (pun not intended) to her handlebar mitts/covers. The color saturation on everything goes up.

They also did it earlier in that episode when she drinks the coffee in the cafe.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Lol, the underside of their shoes are shaped like an actual horse's hoof.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

marumaru posted:

You can already use mangadex today with stuff like Tachiyomi. It's just the site that's offline. The service is back.

It's still read only though

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Gao Gao

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Did they at least resolve that that weird android thing that came out of left field late in the series?

Mister Facetious posted:

S2 E6: Iruma is on his "evil cycle" and it's absolutely awesome to watch. I can't stop grinning.

IMO, the only thing worth watching in that series this season so far. The rest of the episodes outside of "evil cycle" have been blah.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

verbal enema posted:

My little brother worked on this fukkin top notch Kyo-ani tribute video

please take a look its very good. His scene he did is the beginning when she wakes up

https://youtu.be/cohiDR5okx4

You should be proud of your little bro.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Wark Say posted:

[*]Saori Hayami/Erika Harlacher as Shinobu

Hmm maybe I should watch it now

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Super has seemed fine though?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Whew boy I can see why folks are not a big fan of shield hero.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

The self flagellating Americans do posting about other Americans is kind of cringe; it's the most populous English speaking country in the world. Of course it'll have the biggest number of idiots you see as an English speaker.

India's actually the most populous English speaking country in the world, i believe if you include second and third languages.

Edit: looks like it's actually second, after the US.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 22, 2021

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Better not be skipping Ein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Literally right there in the pictures.