Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm not sure I follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
you can shape ground floor into a floorloaf

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Been contemplating the immortal wisdom of Mi.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

marumaru posted:

i've read literally nothing about Gou, i'll be going in blind. all i know about it is that it's a remake (sort of??) but also the art style is supposed to be super different??
Artstyle is Akio Watanabe's design this time, so it'll look similiar to the *Monogatari series.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Their ears are at the top of their heads. They have long land-line phones to accomodate this.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Things were "guilty pleasures" before then, like Buffy and Sailor Moon.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Who the heck are those two in the bottom right?

The other Trigger Girls. They were all mascots introduced at the studio's 5th anniversary. Trigger (the leader) turned out to be Luluco. Muzzle (the blue-haired one) and Spring (blond-haired one) haven't had an anime debut yet.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Script was finished fairly close to Rebellion as well. How much that matters remains to be seen but I'd think that would at least be a sign that it was written in the same kind of headspace that produced that movie.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Friend recalls it may have been Iwakami from Aniplex who decided to put Madoka on "hiatus" for a while. In any event, it's the 10th anniversary of Madoka, so maybe they just wanted to save it for something big like that.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1389152254846930945

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Hunter x Hunter and Berserk will end at the same time.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/higu_anime/status/1401735669400150016
To whom it may concern, the verified start for Higurashi Sotsu is July 1. There will apparently be a double episode on that day, too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
When will we find the Madoka of posting?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's only a decade old but if you missed Hyouge Mono you missed some legendary tea.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
"Higurashi" happens to be the name for a specific species of cicada (whose cry is a common sound in the series); セミ is the general family term for cicadas in Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Vvf7-H6VY
("When the Evening Cicadas Cry" would also work as a translation, though.)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
"God's Blessing on this Wonderful World!" isn't really a title that sticks out on its own, either, despite being more intelligible to English speakers.

Which is probably why the localization goes for the hybrid approach.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Endorph posted:

homophobia that people have deluded themselves into thinking is woke mostly
I've been seeing the opposite argued of late, that it's deliberately to sucker the woke crowd into supporting heterosexual narratives because the authors don't condone yuri (if they did they'd make it obvious) but they do love to own the libs.
Probably the same people who think the yakuza will assassinate you for censoring vagina bones or something, but it's out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Wark Say posted:

That sounds like a bad acid trip or the most boring drunken rants in a boring-after-party.
It's that I've even encountered that train of thought more than once from different places that gets me. Maybe the clowns are in the same discord servers.