Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Droyer posted:

Ok here's a story I'd like you to write:

It's about *shuffles around in hat* you *shuffles again* not posting.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Willo567 posted:

wow the future is now

https://twitter.com/jennlynnjordan/status/1153696881605787648

marty the robot in srw when

Lmao at the people shittalking it in the background

"I got my husband to yell at me when there's a mess!"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

LET IT DIE YOU CREATIVELY BANKRUPT FUCKS :livintrope:

Grouchio is right.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pootybutt posted:

lol what is there to talk about? Fans still talk about Turn A cuz it gives them actual food for thought. Greco was simply a dumb thing a handful of ppl enjoyed roundly mocking, and that is its total stamp on the gundam legacy: "what a dumb thing that was."

I like g-reco and a lot of other people here liked it and were positive about it when it was coming out?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It made perfect sense. Sorry it didn't hand hold you and repeatedly explain the plot at length like most mecha shows.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Ok that sounds hilarious and it might actually redeem the series in my eyes

Don't pretend like you're not already watching it. We know what kind of shows you like

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/Guy_goldy/status/1368257085515915265

lmao, the guy who voices kirei in fate is also the jp dub voice for the reverend in the simpsons

Tbis meme is inaccurate because tessho genda voices arnold Schwarzenegger

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lmao he also voices Pucci in jojo games though

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 30, 2021

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 30, 2021

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

littleorv posted:

You should autoban your account

Good idea, since leaving discord to focus on my studies, I've watched more anime than I have in months!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Would anyone be willing to translate the titles of these manga for me? Apparently these are the only manga published by a small 80s manga press

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

I think you'd have more luck googling the japanese title, but from left to right

1. Junko's Portrait
2. Earring
3. The oldest Divine Beast, the Demon Lord, and the Ruler of Gluttony. She is actually the Origin Taratect, the progenitor of the entire taratect spider-monster species, All taratects are her kin and offspring, directly descended from her
4. Somewhere, Somewhen
5. Dangerous Lucky Charm
6. Sparkling Girls

Thank you Squark. Those are all pretty easy titles so it won't be too hard to find them I think

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I don't think I'll be able to find ピアス because there's a long running bl magazine that has that in the title so searching for it anywhere just gets you hundreds of issues of that and then all of the collected volumes of manga that ran in it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

is looking for the first one just gonna net you lots of danganronpa?

Yeah lmfao, I found this one though

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%81%84%E3%81%A4%E3%81%8B%E3%81%A9%E3%81%93%E3%81%8B%E3%81%A7-%E8%A8%88%E5%A5%88%E6%81%B5-ebook/dp/B084CYQ1D4

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Well the author's name is on the spine too.

https://oryo-books.shop-pro.jp/?pid=59654307

Lol yikes was not expecting that, big NSFW warning everybody

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

LMFAO NOOOOO

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'd rather get banned than even read GBS

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A lil strange to not see Jujutsu Kaisen there I suppose

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

i made it to episode 7 of ex-arm

they were so lazy they created a character who talks through a glowing bracelet so they didn't have to animate the mouth

and then they had a fight with a villain whose power makes you temporarily deaf so that they didn't have to do sound design

Sounds more creative than any other recent scifi action show tbqh

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The grandfather of isekai is when our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ died and rose again.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Correction: I love Re:Zero spoilers because I love Re:Zero so much and season 2 covered my favorite novel. I barely give a poo poo about most other anime spoilers because "Oh that's cool. These fans will have fun with that. Anyways..."

sometimes I forget grouchio has only watched like three anime and barely e ngages with this hobby that he's based his entire identity around

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lol again

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol I somehow forget every time that it was about Darling in the Franxx

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endless Eight totally killed my watch of it and I'm still bitter.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also most anime isn't cel animated anymore. Guy's just talking about 2D animation and trying to sound smart about it.

Excel Saga had a gag about this in 1999 lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The finale is insanely badass

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

That scene made me not want to give two shits about the show. Haruhi is the worst protagonist since Albert from Gankutsuou

I've decided Grouhcio should stop engaging with anime and remain ignorant of it except for the three series he likes after all.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Okay to be fair Tajimi has actually had it's population increase over the past decades. So it's definitely not the birthrate.

Why thr gently caress do you know this

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Is there some c-spam thread monitoring japanese birth rates

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

leave japans declining birthrate to me *sensually unbuttons collar*

You'll bring it down to 0 in no time. I beleive in you

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I knew a modern anime of it wouldn't be able to capture the great art of the manga but it's worse than I expected really. Shame, hopefully some people will read the manga because of it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I wonder if they're just going to skip a ton of stuff lol. It's been awhile since I read the beginning of the manga but it feels like they're zipping through it already. There's a whole lot that happens between the scene the show starts with and the actual beginning of the story.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Okay chat thread. Bubblegum Crisis. How do?

Should I watch the OVAs first, go straight to the reboot, or what? I may end up just doing the latter out of convenience.

Watch in order of release. The first ova is streaming on retrocrush

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

macabresca posted:

tbh I'm not sure if there's anything specific I want to know right now, other than if there are any good, comprehensive fandom breakdowns, especially the ones that challenge some popular stereotypes/misconceptions. but I guess you've already answered that

Just off the top of my head something that article totally missed was how Iczer one director Toshiki Hirano frequently had his wife Narumi Kakinouchi as a frequent collaborator and she also worked on a lot of foundational anime of the scene, like Cream Lemon and a bunch of magical girl anime. I recently was looking into a forgotten manga imprint that published a lot of stuff that was trying to take Lemon people's reader base and half the mangaka in it were women, and the other half based their artstyle off of Rumiko Takahashi, a woman. There were way more women in that portion of the fandom than that article wants to talk about

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mr_Schmoo posted:

Imagine it’s the late 90’s and you love anime. You correct people who say “Japanimation” or “read an anime”. You met your friends at Suncoast or Borders. Pocky is new to you. You and other otaku get together once a week and sit around your huge & heavy TV then press play on your VCR without any clue of what you are about to watch, or if it will even work. While you have moved on from anime, your spouse has not and continued to buy tapes, scrolls, figures, models, etc.

Now imagine it’s decades later and you have 600-700 anime tapes in your basement.

I’m offering all of these VHS's for free. About half of them are legit, factory tapes. These are 13 tapes here per column. There are more bins. A majority of these were viewed once.

The other half, fansubs brought at conventions and elsewhere. These go back three rows.

But that’s not all. You’ll get posters, some figures (note, maybe not these, but others) and models (TBD later). All free!

You also get two VCR’s for free! One of them breaks? Your local thrift shop will have another one waiting for you.

Here are the rules:

* We will not separate titles. We were going to throw all this out, but really we wanted to see if anyone would be interested in taking the whole thing and not letting it go to waste. Let’s say you have an anime club or are just a crazy person. We’re good with whatever.

* I cannot guarantee the quality of any tape. Some may not actually work, or never worked. The factory tapes should be good, but the fansubs maybe not. I will say that many of them are unique to watch as they mock other subbers, call you an rear end in a top hat for buying a tape at Octopus Kingdom and so on. Some were recorded from directly from TV and have the time in the upper right hand corner.

* We live close to New York City. If you are in that area or wish to drive and pick them up, it’s preferred. Shipping will be expensive for you.

* This includes all the tapes as well as a good number of anime action figures and models. I do not know the specifics, but you will get a ton of free stuff.

* If you pick it up, you’ll get everything offered, free bins, as much help as possible loading it, and a good dinner or lunch with drinks if you chose.

I know this is ridiculous and we’re probably going to throw everything out. I was just putting this out there to see if anyone would be interested. Mock away.

You can post here or DM me directly if you are interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I forgot how good sketchy mangareader site ads are