Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just finally finished Deca-Dence episode 9. What the hell is the rest of this show after that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Not if it's referring to sex.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mister Facetious posted:

Would be the first I've heard of being allowed to use more than one.

The Martian was the last movie to use more than one and have a PG-13, IIRC. If it's more than one the MPAA has to decide on a case-by-case basis.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part 5 was in a different timeslot apparently (but was still on Fridays)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I dunno, it's pretty fair to rag on something that functionally halves the length of the season if you don't like the gimmick

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's not what I mean. Someone who was excited about a second season and was disappointed that most of the cour went to the same episode eight times doesn't necessarily care about why that happened. It's irrelevant to the actual experience.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was getting a little antsy with Bottom Character Tomozaki-kun but I'm watching episode 11 right now and I am unbelievably relieved that he just went and said outright "Yo, the way you look at relationships is loving weird."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean, I really liked some of The Mandalorian and exactly one (1) of the new movies, I'm willing to give this a shot I guess

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Remember that one Bill Burr episode of The Mandalorian? That was really good!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aurora posted:

incorrect since inosuke is horrible in the dub

This is the wrongest anyone has ever been

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Literacy is overrated

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i have watched a lot of anime in my life, but to be fair most of it's one piece

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not sure it is, it doesn't quite sound like even her deeper register which she used for V in Cyberpunk. There's moments it sounds like her but others where it doesn't at all.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pretty sure they're one of those sites that rose up around GG and never shut up about "censorship" ("censorship" defined here as "when they make things less horny") and issues of that ilk

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph posted:

for the record making things less horny is censorship, and is bad

but yes nichegamer is one of the many tilting at windmills grift sites. i specifically remember them getting mad about the 'translators inserting pro-lgbt messages' in ai the somnium files when all that stuff is in the original game.

My point is that that's really the only thing they give a poo poo about, not that it's good or whatever

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The obvious solution is to only read manga that are already translated to use chav accents

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I made it like thirteen minutes into the first episode of shield hero, before he even gets betrayed, and turned it off because he was already being weirdly misogynistic from minute one (but also because that was probably the most interesting the show got in that time, which was even worse).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

When I watch, say, Steins;Gate, there's a moment at the end of episode 22 that almost made me cry in the original VN that didn't hit quite as hard in the dub. The moment was still powerful, but Tatum's voice didn't break quite as hard as Miyano's. And I still prefer to watch that show dubbed, because I understand that it's all about tradeoffs. I just prefer the more florid script changes in that show in English (outside some of the outdated memes, but whatever). Also, the actual dub performances are still really amazing in that show (I kinda prefer Miyano's Okabe but Tatum's Kyouma). I generally prefer dubs when they're available because it suits the way I watch better and also because I like recognizing voice actors.

Good dubs really aren't very rare anymore though guys, come on.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think foreign language dubs almost never have the same level of direction that original language ones do, maybe because you don't have the same level of direct interaction with the creators.

This is just definitionally true, but at the same time I think it kind of ignores that translation is a process of adaptation. Sometimes the creator is involved in that adaptation, a lot of times they're not, and so it's up to other people to interpret the work and carry over the meaning that they found within it. This can be done badly or myopically, of course, but it can also be done really well! That's not just in relation to the script, it carries over to casting and direction.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wark Say posted:

Mamoru Miyano both as Okarin and Maado Saientist has a very "goony" quality to his voice which I find hella easily to enjoy, which is important because, IIRC, he's the only character who appears in every single episode. I'd have to give the Steins;Gate dub a shot, though! Not super familiar with Tatum's voice, but I liked him well enough in both Blood Blockade Battlefront and Kamisama Kiss.

The turbonerd thing I do when I watch the S;G blu-ray is put the subtitles on while the dub is playing so I can compare the script changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The girl reading this