Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i watched 8 of the dubbed episodes of adachi to shimamura. it sucks. i can't believe I'm saying this but it's worse than citrus, which was like a 3/10. is the Japanese anime producer mind capable of writing one of these where the concept of gay people isn't played for laughs or as jack off material. journey of elaina or w.e. the english name is does that too but since it's just a side note it's merely annoying and not a complete drag.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need to stop posting when I'm about to fall asleep because I'm not even sure what I was trying to say, except that adachi sucked, which it did.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i finished journey of elaina and i think i only hated it more as it went on lol. im a sucker for the concept but i watched kino's journey before it which was basically the same thing but better in every way. it's not a bad show exactly but I don't think I'd ever rewatch it. 5/10. kino was an 8 or 9 though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched the 2017 kino yeah. I liked it a lot. They're both a lot of mostly unconnected stories but most of the ones in Elaina just come off as 'wow, this chick sucks'. I normally like that style of story telling, but it's just off in Elaina.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hate manga but the LNs are on the list for when I have money to blow. it's disturbingly hard to :filez: japanese stuff without getting an atrocious fan translation by accident. anime is easier than paying for it, though, in a strange reversal.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i watched season 2 of one punch man and it was meh. not nearly as good as the first and it felt like only half the stuff got done. even the fights weren't as good imo. 5/10

i watched a silent voice as a palate cleanser and it was really sweet and sad, exactly how I like it. doesn't shape up compared to your name though. 8/10

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm always very impressed that NYAV Post went out of their way to get a deaf actor for Shoko in the dub and it worked really well.

That really is one of my absolute favourite anime movies.

dang. cool. i thought her lisp sounded a little too perfect to be an imitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
manga sucks because the pictures get in the way of reading