Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah I think it's having low charm and stealth and playing aggressively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

More than anything else, I am grateful that V3 very deliberately ended the franchise before it could become a gacha

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Colonel posted:

the funniest thing to me about uchikoshi and kodaka is how the moment both writers stopped writing death games entirely they both wrote probably the best things they've ever written

ai's one of the most fun adventure games i've played and it is like kinda weird contrasting how dumb parts of danganronpa are with how much better planned out and explored akudama drive is
IMO it's funny how (akudama) Kodaka dropped the death game format then killed off every single character who wasn't immortal in AD

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Anno wrote a good article that explains why he's fully cut any association with Gainax.
https://evankaiser.medium.com/hideaki-anno-on-gainax-tainting-the-evangelion-brand-ba16f30161b5

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you're getting something out of a show then go ahead and watch IMO.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Presumably that's why Khara wasn't prepared to give them the leeway this time yeah.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

I think Mushoku Tensei bothers me because I got called a rape apologist for liking goblin slayer on this forum, and now there's just a thread for MT except the sex pest in that is the main character.
Goblin Slayer was treated unfairly IMO. Do not perpetuate the cycle of violence by doing the same to another show

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I thought the early Narou novels were less "deconstructions" of ZnT and more "they told us to stop writing ZnT fanfic so we started making up our own settings"

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's called 'endless 8' because you're supposed to watch each episode 8 times before moving on.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I can imagine some fans being kindof curious what bastardised American Macross is like.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There are a bunch of American shows that were shown and extremely popular in Japan. Twin Peaks and 24 are examples that come to mind. The US is an anomaly in that it tends to show less foreign programming than other countries, it's less of an abberation to be into foreign media almost anywhere else

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Larryb posted:

Hell, Powerpuff Girls was so popular over there that they teamed up with Cartoon Network to make their own anime version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhIRBgEoOb0

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you like the part of Kaiji where there's an intense back-and-forth mindgame with a cool solution you mostly don't get that in Kakegurui (maybe the Bridge arc?). But if you like the part where some rich idiot gets owned by their arrogance and hoisted by their own petard it still definitely has that. And if you enjoy the insane horny girls then all the better

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Also by Fukumoto there's Akagi but you really need to learn mahjong to understand anything that's happening. And read the manga to actually see most of the last arc

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Akagi is a prequel to Ten - The Nice Guy On The Path Of Tenhou. Akagi was first introduced in that.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Endorph posted:

i like the interview with the yakuza director where he said live events and stuff for the series in japan are all screaming teenaged fangirls, and then he went to one in france and it was nothing but a bunch of insanely jacked dudes in their 40s.
The Haruka and Kiryu demographics...

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Also the one arc that would be really important from Index is completely repeated in Railgun anyway.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The title is something like 'Walpurgis Turns the Tide', so we could see who the Walpurgis Night girl is this time (like with the ep 3 witch showing up in Rebellion).

I did like Rebellions as an ending but I'm curious to see if Madoka can find another interesting sequel angle.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Homura is right.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There'd still probably be an original magical girl who started it?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Apparently they're recasting all the VAs for the Muv Luv anime. I get the logic commercially but it seems sad, feel like the game actors deserve a shot at the anime after voicing the characters for 10+ years.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Endorph posted:

Misato being 29 makes perfect sense, her whole deal is that she's just as immature as Shinji is and only seems mature to him because hes a stupid teenager. heck, the whole drinking, wanting to get back with a bad boyfriend, being a bad influence on kids deal is like, the perfect encapsulation of 'realizing you're about to turn thirty.'
Yeah, definitely seen more than one person rewatch NGE and be like "Oh I guess I'm Misato now".

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Some of the early mecha stuff like Gundam is also very much about how young people are exploited by adults for war purposes. And Japan was using 15-year-olds by the end of WW2 so it's not like Amuro Ray is too out there.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Denji's desires make a lot of sense given his upbringing and I like how they're explored as the series goes on.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Dark Souls is heavily influenced by Berserk so it's not a bad comparison really.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Can't wait to see the thing that manga readers assure me will sink the series (again).

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The continuity between different Lupin parts is generally pretty vague if present at all.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The depressing part is when you look at the online discourse afterwards

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah I hear that eagle killed a bunch of medium sized mammals and birds.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah it's good.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think the point is that you hate this person so much you care more about spiting them than your own happiness, OP.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah I enjoyed the first half of KLK with the fast-paced mostly episodic stories but found the more plot orientated back half not great.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There is a tonne of American TV aired in Japan and indeed in almost every other country in the world. The US is one of the only countries where watching a foreign TV show would be regarded as unusual

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I thought the whole reason Khara insisted on a new cast and their own script is that they didn't like the dub for Rebuild 3.0.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Internet slang gets dated incredibly fast and I'm not really a fan of using it in translations unless the original line was similar in that regard.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

RIP to isekai The Boys.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Zombieland Saga can be considered a success if it causes anyone, anywhere to consider visiting Saga Prefecture

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Gonna lol once again that they cancelled Demon Slayer right before its huge anime adaptation.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

"Higurashi" has a reasonable amount of brand recognition/google value tied to it even in the west so it really needs to be included in the title.

Endorph posted:

'its always sunny in philadelphia' is literally the same kind of ironic title that 'god's blessing on this wonderful world' is.
The world seems pretty decent honestly. Most people seem to be having a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Umineko games are subtitled as When They Cry 3 and 4 (with Ciconia being When They Cry 5) so I can see the logic. But yeah the animal is too tied to their recognition to leave it out.