Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i tried reading it but the scans for the manga were kind of bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

it took five years but i finished wixoss s2 and watched the new scenes in the movie. good poo poo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Gundam pAGE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

there are good dubs but jp va kinda ends up being reliably better for most shows and for ones that do have good dubs they're mostly about equal so i don't bother with many

though when it comes to video games i do like the trails of cold steel and zwei 2 dubs since they're pretty well directed and cover more dialog than the jp tracks

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i like akanesasu shoujo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Stexils posted:

reading that twitter thread felt like a video game audiolog sequence where a character tries to translate some cthulu text and then the last entry is just 'BIG BRUDDER' next to their corpse

it's insane because literally if you wanted to translate it to something more immediately understandable for an english audience there's. absolutely no reason "big bro" wouldn't work. it's super simple it's, literally right there, there's no reason, to go on a massive journey to discover the most correct tl you can. just go with the most simple and obvious solution.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

also the castle of shikigami 2 dub is funny for a laugh but it's like the robot alchemic drive dub in that if you actually are trying to play the game with it you're just torturing yourself

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

*cloaked ferryman silently moves gaze down and then back up* Yes... those are big. You tell no lies.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Larryb posted:

What manga is this from?

https://mangadex.org/title/50198/hello-melancholic

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

been playing danganronpa 2 and i hoped it might be a bit more interesting writing-wise than the first one but i'm ending up feeling like it's basically running the same course of making lots of choices i am neither that agitated by nor find that interesting, except now komaeda is there

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Julias posted:

For me, DR2's main flaw is the most interesting writing bits are back loaded in the last 3 chapters. Chapter 1 has some interesting twists, but 2 and 3 didn't do too much for me.

i hope so cause it's insane that the first three chapters are almost the entire length of danganronpa 1 without really having more to say than it did

Endorph posted:

also the characters who survive the whole game are way duller in dr2

killing off ibuki and hiyoko is such a lame move when one of them was one of the most fun designs in the series and the other was actually being built up with some kind of arc

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

the author's other manga, 2dk g-pen alarm clock, is also really good, though infrequently scanned

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i've been watching canaan and i'm convinced this show is actually way more epic than anyone told me cause even for how goofy its 428 connections are i have a really fun time with every episode

big ups to mari okada for upgrading maria osawa from one of the best characters in 428 to, one of the best weird lesbian girlfriends in anime history

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 26, 2021

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

What the gently caress... You mean they released Fortnite on switch but not 3ds? These companies are passing up all the loving money.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dryzen posted:

uhh.. ever heard of an emulator?

sorry, i'm not going to buy an emulator. i already have a dreamcast and a tower with a voodoo3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

people kept telling me canaan was a mediocre anime and none of them told me about the part where the mute girl sees yun yun's hair loops and does

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

3ds has x/y, su/mo and the gen 3 remakes, switch has the second gen 1 remakes, sword/shield and the upcoming gen 4 remakes. 3ds virtual console also lets you play gen 1 and 2 i assume

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

oh yeah i forgot abotu backwards compatibility. with ds you've already got gen 4, you can play the gen 2 remakes and you've got both black/white and black 2/white 2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i wish danganronpa 2 was shorter

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

canaan owns cause it's nothing like 428 or the canaan scenario and yet it's still exactly what i wanted out of a weird semi-sequel exploring canaan's relationship with maria

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

it is really funny how 90% of the 428 stuff is "minoru stumbles around comically while maria narrowly avoids dying in dangerous gunfights while making out with canaan" and the other 10% is "one character from 428 appears for 10 seconds and is like 'drat this is very hosed up. i hope you dont die minorikawa' and then leaves the show forever"

and then also just a few bits where alphard is like "wow maria you don't remember the events of acclaimed visual novel 428, of which you were featured in? wow you are very stupid. i can't believe canaan is dating a girl as stupid as you. canaan's girlfriend is very, very dumb."

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 28, 2021

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

if you want more kenichi yoshida character designs you can just watch king gainer and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXWkyRwirlk

there's a new show with designs from him airing next year actually. it's even being directed by mitsuo iso

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

really i just think more people should watch gainer/greco in general cause the only one of tomino's goofier and more out there later work people ever talk about is turn-a, and i think gainer and greco are around the same level of quality with maybe more consistently good action

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

realizing just how wonky a choice the yagakimi anime ending before the play was

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

In fairness, the choice being made was less about aiming for a specific end point and more about choosing a faithful adaptation & maintaining the original story's pacing over doing the amount of original material you'd basically be forced to do in order to hit a reasonable endpoint in a single cour.

yeah that's fair, i just really hope a s2 happens cause like. i thought the anime was okay but nothing that blew me away, but i thoroughly enjoyed reading everything from the play onwards and everything after they hook up officially is like. really really great. i'd love to see that stuff animated

plus it'd be cool to bump up the odds of an adaptation of regarding saeki sayaka...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Genki de irareru kara genki de irareru kara
Te wo agete yatte miru mae wo muite yatte miru

Ashita no koto nante wakaranai kara tte
Ugokanai mama nara hajimaranai kara
Tatte mite aruku (stand up stand up!) sutaato kitte hashiru (let\'s ♪)
Sono sakini mirai to yuu senkou ga aru

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

yagate kimi ni naru

i don't think it's the revolutionary yuri manga people were talking it up as during its run but it has a really good back half and a fantastic ending, and some of its characters are really interesting

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Aurora posted:

is Gundam g reco good? i haven't heard anything about it

its vibe is pretty unlike most other gundam shows and some of its plot gets a bit chopped down at the end, but it has lots of funny gags and really stunning visual design and most of its characters are fun

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

me when someone just posts "Anime." in anime chat thread for the 69th time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQzu4721Cvw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

NICE TANOSHII DESU
ENJOY COMFY

homeless snail posted:

same but i just think about that album a lot, in general

its got so many classics, big fan of cheese bakudan

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Handing out a new mandate for the chat thread. From now on, if your planned and submitted post is going to consist of a single word, optionally with a period at the end, and that word is the name of a form of entertainment that is confusing to leave on its own outside the structure of a sentence, you are requested to follow it up with "To understand this meaning, first I must explain the premise of the 1987 movie, and later TV show, Harry and the Hendersons." Please also provide an appropriate description of the cast and plot of Harry and the Hendersons. I hope we can all adhere to this new guideline, and ensure thoughtful and productive posting in the future.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i fell asleep like ten minutes after i made that joke last night sorry everyone

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i'm never making a joke ten minutes before i go to sleep again

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

the flcl manga doesn't even look like the manga scenes from flcl

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

strike witches: *has several epic jokes about women wanting to fyck each other*

me: Hah. What a trainwreck. Garbage show!

strike witches: *has a comedy season with a mildly goofy fourth wall joke*

me: i take back everything mean i have ever said...