Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I watched all of Hinamatsuri yesterday and man what a great little show. Lots of respect for the homeless and a little plot among the slice of life stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

8one6 posted:

Hinamatsuri is fantastic! I'd recommend the manga as well.

Speaking of which why does it take one peace books so goddamn long to release the translated volumes?

I actually just finished reading the manga too! I kinda wish it got a second season since the stories in the second half of the manga are pretty drat funny. more flexibility since the girls grow up

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’ve been on a slice of life/romance kick lately and I really liked Kawai Complex

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'll be honest, I really enjoyed the Quintessential Quintuplets

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yeah, I wasn’t a fan of how Yotsuba won because it definitely didn’t feel earned like it did with Miku and Nino. Season 2 was pretty good since I thought the animation was better and the girls do have some very solid character development

And I believe one of Haruba’s assistants started a manga with a similar concept

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I started watching Gintama and I’m tempted to do a watch thread because holy poo poo this is funny as hell

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hm, so I will post this weekend then. I’ve been watching a couple of episodes a day so I’ve got some stuff to talk about

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gintama thread is live: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3969869

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My taste might be kinda crap by the stuff I read but man Domestic Girlfriend scratches my drama itch like no other. Outside of the initial conceit, the characters are so strikingly realistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Saoshyant posted:

I've read this. It's the most telenovela manga ever made. The ending is right up there with the most Mexican telenovela twist I can recall.

But hey, the thing about telenovelas, i.e. dramatic soap operas about love triangles, is that they are good old fun, not something artistic that will long be remembered, so nothing wrong with DG scratching that itch.

ah this is exactly what it is. reminds me of what my mom and grandma used to watch, so that's probably why its so enjoyable