Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Gonna ask for recommendations too since it's that time of thread and I've been wanting to ask for some. (Also I suggest Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, both dubbed).

I'm just about finished Revolutionary Girl Utena again and I'd love to watch more anime like that, with a lot of surreal imagery and focus on fundamentally broken characters who can achieve some kind of healing. Should I just watch more Ikuhara shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Thanks for the recommendations! Looking forward to checking these out.

Julias posted:

The obvious followup would be Ikuhara's other shows, Penguindrum and Sarazanmai. I would also recommend checking out Shōjo Kageki Revue Starlight and Princess Tutu for similarly inspired and surreal shows. Also watch the Revolutionary Girl Utena Movie if you haven't already.

Also, I have seen the movie and it rules and it's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Ibblebibble posted:

Judging by their other tweets it looks like they were having outdoor tea with their nendo for whatever reason.

Listen fam, it's been a long pandemic.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Endorph posted:

i mean death note's 2nd half isn't an anime thing, its a manga thing. and the second half of the manga is bad because they mapped out a story, but it was extremely popular, so they just dragged out the story they had planned far beyond its natural conclusion.

Was the original plan that L would solve it? Because that would have made a lot more sense.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Endorph posted:

They've never said what the original plan was, but they have said that Near and Mello were designed in a rush, so they definitely weren't part of the original plans. If I had to guess, what makes the most sense to me is a scenario where Light does kill L, but L'd planned things out in such a way that his death also incriminates Light - sooort of like the play Mello makes at the end of the actual series, just I imagine less convoluted and not over an entire half of the series.

That would make so much more sense than what we got.

Guess I'll just have to die mad about it.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Mister Facetious posted:

I'm clearly up too late because I read that and immediately thought of this question:

do you think people from the south (I was thinking texas) pronounce it You-tenna?

Man I tell you what Miki bout there-that dang ol meaning o' life, man. It’s like this man. You’ like a chick ‘is shell uncracked in that forest man an’ it gonna die like it ain't ever really been born man. If-an ain’t no body see it nobody don-done-e’en know it happen you know ibda baby born into this world int’know neck god dang egg got no nothin but da go come into find out about being ol chick man. Man see like, you don even know man. When-dyagon it’d like you don't break the world shell man and you got — it’s like this: dying without even been born man, or like a dang ol’ smash the world's shell man. You gon — it don matter man it’s not the old oldies all th’ time man. You know what I think man? It’d like the the dang ol - Revolution of the World man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Haibane Renmei is creeping me out in subtle ways and the worst part is that I'm not sure how just I should be. I'm at episode 4, and the useless wings, how they interact with the townspeople, the "communicator"... and all this framed by this extremely gentle girl looking for a place in the world.