Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Finally

Szmitten posted:

I don't wanna just barge in with something inane but I'm in the mood for a Haruhi rewatch after my Eva rewatch and I'm really stuck as to how I should watch it re: broadcast order vs chronological order with the existence of season 2.

I remember when season 1 was the only thing to exist, and I rewatched it both ways plenty and enjoyed the mystery in the broadcast order since it was paced and climaxed to work like that. With season 2 thrown into the mix, I could just marathon them after the season 1 rewatch, but then those episodes weren't necessarily intended to be watched that way.

On the one hand I want to massage my nostalgia and re-experience the original order without the distractions of the artstyle shift, but then season 2 becomes a weird also-ran; on the other it'd be cool to do a big chronological run since I'm not sure I ever actually did it (maybe once? not sure) and Someday in the Rain visually leads into Disappearance quite well.

If anyone has rewatched in either way recently, I'd appreciate some thoughts and any regrets.

Every new viewer should watch in Kyon order, but since you've already seen everything, yeah, give chronological a try if you haven't already.

It's okay to skip a few Endless 8s if you want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Violet_Sky posted:

Haruhi Suzumiya is a terrible person. Change my Mind

You're not wrong. Particularly with regard to Mikuru.

I know the LN series isn't complete, and I wonder if that turns into an arc somewhere along the line, because holy poo poo Haruhi should apologize at the very least.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

verbal enema posted:

i needa rewatch k-on! and k-on!! and also see the movie

:same: