Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Do what the previous owner of my weird offgrid house did and have an extension cable tied into the breaker box, spliced into another cable then zip tied to the metal carport frame, across the carport roof supported every few feet by duct tape, down one of the poles and into some conduit he made up out of water pipe, down the hill, across the path (double up on the "conduit" here, duct tape for the 90 degree corner where the conduit where it goes across the step and 20 years of foot traffic wore the shielding off the cable), and into the shed, where it'll run the loving grey water pump as well as the shed lights and about 20 "outlets" that are just power boards he spliced in and panelled over with interior "walls".

I mean, if it didn't start a fire or anything for the 20 years it was like that for...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Horse Clocks posted:

Perhaps put a conduit stub in for data & power now, then work out what where it goes later?

Putting in a conduit now before you pour the slab is gonna be so much easier.

Doesn’t need to have anything in it. Just a L pipe capped at both ends. You can dig it out and extend it later.

Definitely this. One thing that the guy that built my place got fantastically right was spare conduits under the slab.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

The bike is secured to the outside via a chain.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Shelvocke posted:

I'd like to hide the OSB

Build shelves all round and fill them up with stuff?

Also you've inspired me to start planning something like this. I have a small nearly-falling-down shed on my block that I could "renovate" without needing any permits and it'd be just about the perfect size for a bike plus tools.