Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
talk abbout all the HOTTEST stars here, the sexiest and the uggos, the up and comers and the old burnouts that are gonna implode under their own mass. stars are neat - and get this, you are made of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Tulip posted:

I want to ramble about this to my friends who know chem but I can't even imagine pronouncing that decently.

Just call him Teach

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Badger posted:

Not likely that any will penetrate the inner solar system as Jupiter is still there with its fairly massive gravity well to soak stuff like that up.

Can you explain this? If the objects are entering from a vector that has the sun between their entry and jupiter, why wouldn't the sun's gravity well draw them in rather than jupiter? Or is Jupiter's solar year such that it will be positioned correctly when this will occur?