Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

more falafel please posted:

Is there a plan for Percy to leave Jezero crater? I guess it's probably a lot of terrain for it to explore, but I'm looking at those walls and it doesn't seem like it'd be easy to get out.

I think the point where they wanted to land is suspected end of river delta, and they want to go uphill to delta itself, drilling samples along the way. I'm not sure it that is out of crater, but they at least want to climb something

It always amazes me when I see photos from Mars, Venus or Titan, that it looks like a pretty normal terrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Sivart13 posted:

I appreciate the tremendous, inspiring work that has been put into this project but it's always going to be a little bit of a letdown that we did all this work to put the robot on another planet and it hasn't yet discovered a single mysterious obelisk or orb.

What we really need to do is secret mission to put the orb there, and then let someone else discover it stupid lazy aliens

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

OMGVBFLOL posted:

china bravely reclaims mars, which was always part of china

I thought red planet was soviet, but if they have some cool pictures, they can have it