Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

What do you do with brains to make good amulets? I've never gotten super deep into the crafting system.

3 brains + key = rare amulet. 7 rare makes a unique. Can't make the best uniques this way, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

What do you do with brains to make good amulets? I've never gotten super deep into the crafting system.

Stocker them while you get more gold and gamble amulets

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Victory Position posted:

I guess it's time again

:negative:
Not empty quoting.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sort of just squish em together and put the pile on a string.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mustached Demon posted:

Sort of just squish em together and put the pile on a string.

New headcannon, the horadric cube is literally just a trash compactor

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Upcoming changes:

* Creeping Gold spawns adjusted
* Clone spawns adjusted
* Reporb and Reziarfg now give a large amount of exp
* Teleport and AC now available to use with left click

Basically for the above: more Creeping Golds spawn in Dead End, further reinforcing a gold find set being necessary for the end game, not just fake not farming until your eyes bleed. And I upped the clone spawns to max+1... for fun. I still get owned by Izuals and I liked the idea of there being more of them and more of a threat to farming.

And for the record, the Sorrow Imps in the Harpy's Nest had the same chance to drop organs as everything else I buffed, however I liked the idea of there being a place to farm brains, so I specifically buffed brain drops in the Harpy's Nest even more for next patch.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 28, 2021

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Is anyone here playing PD2? I just like the widescreen and finally enjoy a MA Assassin,

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
In the last round of ES i had a pretty good overview of the useful cube recipes and the progression parh but i have forgotten more or less everything.

Is there a guide or list of tips on how to get the ball rolling?

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Ineptitude posted:

In the last round of ES i had a pretty good overview of the useful cube recipes and the progression parh but i have forgotten more or less everything.

Is there a guide or list of tips on how to get the ball rolling?
Off the top of my head:

- Get all the stockers. You can and should keep every gem, every rune, every wildcard, every organ, etc. Use the autostocker function and your life is so easy
- There are recipes to turn magic weapons into Starter Weapons, which are quite powerful and will get you going.
- Ancient scroll 04 can make normal uniques. You should be picking up all scrolls anyway but keep an out for this one.
- Gemwords can also be helpful because the starter ones can be made with any grade of the appropriate gems.
- There is a reasonable chance that superuniques and act bosses can drop an entire set all at once.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Is anyone here playing PD2? I just like the widescreen and finally enjoy a MA Assassin,

Odd thing is I started off stretching my screen, wanting a higher resolution, and now I just use the 800x600 windowed mode as I've gotten used to it. I don't even launch my larger window shortcut anymore. You kinda get used to it

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Grifter posted:

- Ancient scroll 04 can make normal uniques. You should be picking up all scrolls anyway but keep an out for this one.

Don't do this. Once you get to act 5 you get all the normal uniques you want for around 200k gold a pop

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Garfu posted:

Odd thing is I started off stretching my screen, wanting a higher resolution, and now I just use the 800x600 windowed mode as I've gotten used to it. I don't even launch my larger window shortcut anymore. You kinda get used to it

But then everyone looks fat. I never have :-)

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

dis astranagant posted:

Don't do this. Once you get to act 5 you get all the normal uniques you want for around 200k gold a pop

As long as they are a hat, body armor, or shield right?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

poemdexter posted:

As long as they are a hat, body armor, or shield right?

anya has everything else

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Any fun build suggestions? I think I've played a lightning barb every single time a new ES server pops up and it's probably time for a change.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Russian Remoulade posted:

Any fun build suggestions? I think I've played a lightning barb every single time a new ES server pops up and it's probably time for a change.

I really liked my spear chucking barbarian this time around, especially since we added a patch to make replenish quantity mean infinite ammo.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I forgot what builds were good so I just made a paladin with nothing but protection from evil and all my points in vitality. Everything that isn't a boss just dies offscreen while I awkwardly plink away at the boss that can't really damage me.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I will forever stan an elemental charge (your choice) Assassin with maxed out Shadow Warriors. It's a bit slow and a lot janky but my god, the fireworks. I prefer using Phoenix Strike for flashiness and lazy access to all three elements, but the single-element skills will do more damage.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Hammerdin is fun

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Immolation sorc supremacy. :rms:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Latest:

* Increased Nihl's Domain rewards greatly
* Removed nodrop on creeping gold

Soks
Apr 1, 2006
lol internet
What's this autostocker thing someone mentioned up thread? Can't seem to find anything about it on google.

Has anyone used a build like this before and can vouch for it being fun and etc? Feels awfully boring at 15ish but I'm using awful gear. Should probably make a sorc or lightning barb but I wanted to do something different.

Also is there really no keybind for moving items between inv and stash? Painful.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

it's a script function, if you have your inventory and cube open and stockers in your inventory you can type ".as start" and it will put all of your gems, runes, monster parts, dstones, etc. into their respective stockers.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Small note, you don't need your inventory or cube open!

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Reposting this:

quote:

Reposting this:

New Player Orientation

Oh poo poo, so you saw the cool banner and the baller rear end OP and went "poo poo son, this mod sounds like its the hot pancakes" or something, gently caress if I know what you kids say these days. You load up a character and then get rekt by a fallen. This guide is here to assist you!

I will re-link all resources at the bottom of this post that are extremely helpful, so look for them!

Most advise is based on you having the plugin pack downloaded! (It's in the game files!)
Put it into your Diablo II/plugins folder

Your first steps

That fallen kicked your rear end pretty good, so what do you do now? You have a few options, the easiest is asking for help.
If you join the discord (https://discord.gg/aMus7Rx) you can ask for an enchant. What this is, is a sorceress skill that gives you damage and attack rating (AR). The reason this is helpful is the damage doesn't scale down, so you are now going to one shot most mobs while not missing horribly.

What to do now that you are able to fight the mighty fallen and quill boar?? Head on over to the Den of Evil as all new characters do and punch corpsefire in the face (or shoot him with some arrows). What this will do is cause him to drop two of the beginner sets, theres at least one for each class, on death.

If you don't get what you want you can always remake or go kill bishibosh (cold plains), coldcrow (cave), bonebreaker (crypt), or rakanishu (stony field), as they do the same thing.

This beginner set is hella strong and can carry some classes all the way to hell! So now that you can survive out here in Diablo's world what now?

Step it up

You are probably getting bored of how easy poo poo is dying now. How can I make this harder you might ask. The answer is more players. While online can't support the /players 8 command, you can just load your game all up with bots.

https://sites.google.com/site/madbrahmin/idleclient
The battle.net server is: 198.98.56.78

Download this, make a second account (because who wants 7 bot characters on their main account), make six or seven dudes, and load them into your game.
By doing this you have now increased the difficulty, which makes for more fun, better drops, and more EXP.
Drops cap out at 7 players while EXP caps out at 8 players

A Dragonstone? A blank scroll? Why the gently caress do I need to keep a key? What are these things?!
(There's so many recipes theres no way I can go over them all. Please look here for anything you want done: https://d2es.github.io/item-db/items/es3cube_n.htm)

So now that you are cruising along killing Diablo's minions and collecting cool poo poo on the ground, you might be wondering what the gently caress all this poo poo even is.

Well before we get into that, go on over to Gheed and pick up a multistocker, the gem can, a crystal can, the scroll tomes, a rerolling orb, and any other container object I'm probably forgetting. What these will do is allow you to put all those one slot items into a little container to store all your poo poo that you can retrieve at a later date.

- Ancient Decipherer and Cube Recipes
The first thing you may find is an ancient decipherer. These are used for a ton of recipes in one form or another.
You can find the recipe list here: https://d2es.github.io/item-db/items/es3cube_n.htm
The most important being, 8 of them makes a dragon stone.
You can also turn unwanted unique/set gear into ancient decipherers by cubing them with your multistocker

- Dragon Stones
Well what the poo poo is a dragon stone and why is that important?
A dragon stone is the base blocks of almost everything done in ES, be it forging, dstoneing, crafting, converting, a lot. These when saved into your cube are saved as eight ancient decipherers, so don't panic when you don't see "dragon stone" on the list.
Also any recipe that says something such as "forging hammer", "holy symbol", "tyrannium ore", those are all still dragon stones. Right click your dragon stone to cycle it though the various types

- Scrolls!
Another important one is a scroll. These will drop unidentified (pick will tell you what it is in the top left when it drops) and can be stored in those scroll books the same way as your dragon stones and other objects. All the scroll recipes are at the bottom of that page linked above. But here's the important part: Even if you have all the materials for the recipe, you have to have the scroll in the cube as well. Really want to turn your crafted boots into some dumb unique boots but don't have the recipe? Just ask in the discord! A lot of us have a ton of recipes that you can borrow (as long as you give it back!!)

Also if you get a duplicate scroll you have a few options. You can either combine two ancient scrolls with a randomize stone (sold by Gheed) to get a new random scroll, or you can cube a scroll with a key and turn it into a Dragon Stone. Either option is cool and good and depends on whether you need more scrolls or need dragon stones!

- Ore
Ore is something that can be a pain in the rear end since the plugin pack isn't updated. Don't make it a pain in the rear end.
Type .load asae (to load the plugin) and then .asae start ores
This will auto extract all your ore for you, and also prevent you from forgetting a blank ore turns into three fake notes which sell for a ton of gold

- Maple Leaf
Used for endgame crafting and sold by Charsi for 2.7 million gold. Really important.

- All important commands!
If you noticed above, I told you to input a command. The plugin packs don't do everything by themselves you know. So lets go over a few, starting with the most important:

.as start - This is amazing. This will automatically put all your gems, crystals, dstones, cow hearts, whatever, into your cubes stockers cans and dog poo
This will also put any blue rings into your rerolling orb which you can't get back out. This isn't a huge deal since you will want that in order to reroll your rings into new and better rings

.as start_rares rares - Same as above except now it will put rare rings that don't have important oskills on them into your cube

.asae start ores - Auto extracts and deposits all your ores into your crystal can. Only works with the updated asae plugin linked above!

Crafting/Forging/Dstoning

Wow that was a lot of loving over items, what the gently caress do I need those for? The backbone of ES is crafting, and is how you turn your girlyman barbarian into a true king of thunder or whatever dumb poo poo you people are running.

- Forging
The most basic one and easiest is forging. What you need for this is an anvil stone, your item, and a chipped gem of the stat you want. You find out which gem you need to use by looking at the recipe list linked above. An anvil stone comes from dragon stones and a perfect gem. It takes four dragon stones or thirty two ancient decipherers to make an anvil stone. You can cube your multistocker, a perfect gem, and a key to convert your ancient decipher points into an anvil stone, so no need to withdraw all of them.

Forging adds stats to the gear you forge and each piece of gear can only have one firge on it. Forging is super important to get into hell as you are going to need to forge for life% and resists out the rear end.
Jewels can also be forged! You can take an already cool shielding jewel and make it even more resisty by forging resists onto it!

Forging is also never permanent! All you have to do is cube your item or jewel with three thawing potions to get your anvil stone back. This means all your gear should always be forged once you get the dstones, there's no reason for it to not be!

- Dstoning
Dstoning is similar to forging except for the most important detail. Dstoning is permanent and cannot be refunded or undone
Dstoning is done by taking your dragon stones and converting them to the type you want and cubing it with your item. Note that this also increases the item's required level.
You can reduce that level requirement by scroll 50, a maple leaf, and an SA rune.

- Tinkering
Previously crap until hero garfu removed the limit on the amount of times you can tinker. The most important one is the +1 all skills tinker, which is new and added by garfu for this server. It takes 140 enigmatic cinnabar (from ores) to create and caps out at +7 to all skills per item.

Did you read all that? Great! Be sure you ask in Discord whenever you don't understand something and most people will be quick to answer!
I'm sure there are things I missed, got wrong, or didn't feel like typing. I can add those in at a later date.

Resources
Discord: https://discord.gg/aMus7Rx
All Cube Recipes: https://d2es.github.io/item-db/items/es3cube_n.htm
Plugin Pack: http://d2es.urcraft.com/D2ESClient/allplugins.zip
Mad Brahmin's Repo of all Plugins and Tutorials on them: https://sites.google.com/site/madbrahmin/d2es

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836935&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post477224303

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I'm going for the elusive Javazon

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

pokchu posted:

I'm going for the elusive Javazon

Enjoy throwing farts at all who stand in your way!

Dressed to Kill
Jul 23, 2007
I just sold 20 devils food in a hell game and it didn't do anything. I've noticed the world event message mentions perfect rubies, do I need to sell them instead?

Also add the sword pretty please...

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Dressed to Kill posted:

I just sold 20 devils food in a hell game and it didn't do anything. I've noticed the world event message mentions perfect rubies, do I need to sell them instead?

Also add the sword pretty please...

I think it’s broken at the moment.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Mustached Demon posted:

Enjoy throwing farts at all who stand in your way!

im throwing lightning, baby!!

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Upcoming patch: RADIANCE IS BACK!

* Radiance reintroduced by popular demand as an end game cube recipe. Enjoy
* Wirt's Other Leg vendor cost reduction now 35%
* Cow drops adjusted, slightly more ores and Sa runes
* Nihl's Domain Guardian drops adjusted, less dstones more ores

Download the new patch if you want to attempt to craft radiance any time soon. You may crash if you craft the aura stone or radiance without having the new files. Also a good idea if you haven't pulled it down in a while.

https://garfu.dev/Step3.zip

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

But can we apply radiant aura to our amulets?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

But can we apply radiant aura to our amulets?

We won’t ever know if the server doesn’t get the updates. PLEASE!!!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

FYI, unfortunately the gold limit the game can handle is 33,554,431 and not the 400,069,420 we have it set at. I'll have to re-edit the DLL but for now be careful as you can deposit more than the limit but it will disappear upon leaving the game :( I found out the hard way.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Garfu posted:

FYI, unfortunately the gold limit the game can handle is 33,554,431 and not the 400,069,420 we have it set at. I'll have to re-edit the DLL but for now be careful as you can deposit more than the limit but it will disappear upon leaving the game :( I found out the hard way.

I found that too.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Oh that’s what happened, I thought I just wasted all my money on gamblebot

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

The fixed dll is in Step3. Now's probably a good time to redownload it all anyway with the upcoming new patch: https://garfu.dev/Step3.zip

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

New unique (because I whined).

20m gambling gone and still nothing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Made some adjustments to dstone/rune drops since dstone drops were way overtuned... as some of you with thousands of extra dstones noticed

code:
-all clones have a very small dedicated high tier rune drop (this doesn't guarantee a drop if the roll hits, since the rune category has it's own tiered drop rate)
-all clones' dstone drops have been slightly reduced
-DMC still best for dstones
-bloodraven's second best for runes
-MoP best for runes 
-Nihl's pack in ND best best for runes and skillbooks
-Nihl's guardians given rune drop
-Izuals/cows still best for Sa runes
Other notes for patch:
* all skills tinker now 240 points from 150
* Added steak conversion to brains and souls

I'll update newstuff with those