Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Somewhere between that script being written and now, that weapon changed from class specific weapon to a type usable by all. The script was never updated to search for the new weapon type.

Thank you! I'm glad I haven't wasted too much time gambling for it already lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Huh. I install Eastern Sun in it's own folder, and I see all my characters from my regular install of Diablo 2. I presume it isn't safe to run any of these under Eastern Sun? Or to run a character created under Eastern Sun in standard Diablo 2?

EDIT: Oh, crash-out. So it MUST be run under that multiplayer weirdness?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 19, 2021

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I played D2ES single-player, so it can definitely be done. I have no clue what is going on with your installation.

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007

Bloodly posted:

Huh. I install Eastern Sun in it's own folder, and I see all my characters from my regular install of Diablo 2. I presume it isn't safe to run any of these under Eastern Sun? Or to run a character created under Eastern Sun in standard Diablo 2?

EDIT: Oh, crash-out. So it MUST be run under that multiplayer weirdness?

You need to edit your registry's Diablo II Save Path entry to change the save folder path from your vanilla D2 install to the ES install save folder if you want to keep the save files separate. If you're crashing out creating a new character, you probably messed up the install process. Are you running PlugY?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I don't know. I copied Step 1 into the new folder, then extracted step 2 and 3 into the new Diablo 2 folder that was in Step 1, then ran Diablo 2.exe. I don't know what's active or not.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Bloodly posted:

I don't know. I copied Step 1 into the new folder, then extracted step 2 and 3 into the new Diablo 2 folder that was in Step 1, then ran Diablo 2.exe. I don't know what's active or not.

I think the installation process assumes you’re copying the files into a fresh installation of the Diablo 2 base game, which would be consistent with the above advice about registry edits.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I was under the impression that I've installed it like that, but for some reason the shared stash doesn't work. Maphack, filter gambling and other stuff works though.

Single player is what I'm doing btw.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

thechosenone posted:

I was under the impression that I've installed it like that, but for some reason the shared stash doesn't work. Maphack, filter gambling and other stuff works though.

Single player is what I'm doing btw.

Look through the thread and you can find downloads of more plugins that include the shared stash stuff. I had to do the same thing but I don't remember which post it was.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Since apparently we’re discussing this game again, I have a generic question. Who did the balance passes on all the items, runes, skills, and sets here? There are so many numbers associated with this it’s hard to believe any one person—or even a team—gave any one thing a hard look.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I've been trying to convert some goldarks boots back into belts and gloves after gem melding but it doesn't seem like the recipe works even if you've cleared the level requirement with scroll 50. Is that how it's supposed to work?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Bal....ance?

What's that?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I actually like some things just being better than other things. Makes me feel smart for finding them (even if I do so by looking it up).

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Senor Candle posted:

I've been trying to convert some goldarks boots back into belts and gloves after gem melding but it doesn't seem like the recipe works even if you've cleared the level requirement with scroll 50. Is that how it's supposed to work?

I think it's a one way conversion. It's been a minute though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Astryl posted:

I think it's a one way conversion. It's been a minute though.

I've tried it with non d-stoned items and was able to go back and forth. The recipe mentions it doesn't work with the added level requirement but I assumed if you leaf'd it away it would still work.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
gently caress balance.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Senor Candle posted:

Gem melding is weird and i don't think was fully tested to make sure it was working properly. I ran into the same problem

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

This thread's been quiet for a few months, there's dead links in the OP, the Discord link doesn't work, so maybe this is all a long shot but...

My roommate and I were thinking of trying to play this together, but for one we don't even know if simple TCP/IP works with ES even if we did manage to get all the files again. Does anyone know if simple connections like that work or does it all have to be done through the servers (that may or may not actually be running right now).

And I guess if the answer to that is yes, I'd like to get the files needed once more.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

FPzero posted:

This thread's been quiet for a few months, there's dead links in the OP, the Discord link doesn't work, so maybe this is all a long shot but...

My roommate and I were thinking of trying to play this together, but for one we don't even know if simple TCP/IP works with ES even if we did manage to get all the files again. Does anyone know if simple connections like that work or does it all have to be done through the servers (that may or may not actually be running right now).

And I guess if the answer to that is yes, I'd like to get the files needed once more.

We did tcp/ip games for a while after the first goonrealm quit. I don't think you can do it with the files provided because of some of the fuckery needed to get the realm working but the original r6d installer should work. Could always check out eastern sun rises, a continuation project that has their own realm.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Thanks for the clarification. I might check out that other forum and see what's going on with it. That said, does anyone still have the files for this realm anywhere and if so would they be willing to PM them to me? Even if I can't play goontopia online anymore I still loved what it was and would play single player with it

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

FPzero posted:

Discord is still up, and I still have the server. I kept running into a weird issue where no one could access the server but I could login to it fine locally even with ports forwarded correctly and no change. I've been thinking about putting some time into getting it working again recently as I miss some of the insane things you can do in this mod.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Astryl posted:

Discord is still up, and I still have the server. I kept running into a weird issue where no one could access the server but I could login to it fine locally even with ports forwarded correctly and no change. I've been thinking about putting some time into getting it working again recently as I miss some of the insane things you can do in this mod.

unironic same.

i just can't quit you, ES

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Astryl posted:

Okay it turns out the discord invite in the op is expired, but the one on the goonstation page is still valid. I was able to join the server through that. I haven't played d2 in a couple months but if this is all still happening then I'll be happy to join.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Got the server up; all former characters are there. Running into a weird issue with D2GS on creating games even though I've triple checked the configs. Asked for help in the PVPGN discord and they were also stumped.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I’m sure you’ll figure it out! I have a paladin I want to make!!!

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002
is there a new place to get steps 1 and 2? the google sites links are giving me a 403 error.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I have the files, but it’ll be a few hours before I can upload them and send links. (And now I’m remembering that someone asked me this in February, but I forgot in the whirlwind surrounding paternity leave. :shobon:)

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
http://garfu.dev/Step1.zip
http://garfu.dev/Step2.zip
http://garfu.dev/Step3.zip

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002
Awesome, thanks!

Downtime
Sep 25, 2009
Have been playing D2R and just happened to google D2R Eastern Sun to check on the progress there and found this thread again.

It's been a long time since my hosting days (though I still do host a copy of my version of d2es on my home network, complete with punBB and respec), but got nostalgic looking at it being kept up to this day.

I tried to join the discord to say hi, but no variation of that link works, nor does googling around.

Hope folks have been well!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Has there been any progress by the old dev team in getting this to work with d2r or is that not really feasible?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Downtime posted:

Have been playing D2R and just happened to google D2R Eastern Sun to check on the progress there and found this thread again.

It's been a long time since my hosting days (though I still do host a copy of my version of d2es on my home network, complete with punBB and respec), but got nostalgic looking at it being kept up to this day.

I tried to join the discord to say hi, but no variation of that link works, nor does googling around.

Hope folks have been well!

This link should still work: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fdiscord.gg%2FaMus7Rx&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw0rc6SjWxJn_yhLWvn4rdXf

The discord is pretty quiet overall though, but I managed to join it recently through that link.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Quick question: does anyone know if the new ladder items will be rolled into regular D2R when the seasons end? They pushed the old classic ladder only runewords etc over with D2R, just wondering if that's going to be a rolling thing. I know any ladder-only items you get get transferred at the end of the season, but I'm wondering about the recipes themselves.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Cyrano4747 posted:

Quick question: does anyone know if the new ladder items will be rolled into regular D2R when the seasons end? They pushed the old classic ladder only runewords etc over with D2R, just wondering if that's going to be a rolling thing. I know any ladder-only items you get get transferred at the end of the season, but I'm wondering about the recipes themselves.

Someone may know, but technically the wrong thread, I guess. As far as I know D2:ES has no intention of being ported upwards to D2R making the question for *our* purposes be "probably not, unless garfu or astryl write them in manually" (which they could do!)

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

pokchu posted:

Someone may know, but technically the wrong thread, I guess. As far as I know D2:ES has no intention of being ported upwards to D2R making the question for *our* purposes be "probably not, unless garfu or astryl write them in manually" (which they could do!)

Whoops, my bad, I was literally slapping next page while ctrl-f'ing "diablo"

"D3 . . no"
"Immortal . . . oh gently caress no"
"DII and something about Resurrected must be it"

Thought it was just another mod edit clever title. I'll go keep looking for the D2R thread.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Got it running.

D2ES (and all previous characters) available on diablo.astryl.dev

Astryl fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 13, 2022

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Astryl posted:

Got it running.

D2ES (and all previous characters) available on diablo.astryl.dev

:worship:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Maybe we should do a ladder reset?

Server is set up correctly now. Dynamic DDNS, & auto restart so there shouldn't be weird outages unless the physical machine is offline.

I forgot how OP some of this stuff is.

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007
I’m down for a new ladder. Been feeling the need to play again.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Ladder has been reset; all existing characters have been moved to NL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Working on porting the archive of the wiki to a self hosted one. I’d like to pull the GitHub data onto it as well if anyone is willing to help format pages.