Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing a bit of KSP lately since the recent Rover got my excited about space. I've "visited" all the planets with probes and rovers before, but I never do manned missions outside Kerbal's two moons because I hate feeling like I'm dooming them. I always kinda burn out there since once you figure out the basics of building effective rockets, it's not that hard to figure out transfers, descents, etc.

This time I decided I'd actually do a round trip to Duna including landing. I've never felt as accomplished in a game as when I finally docked the lander up with the return rocket and realized that I had enough delta-v to make it back.

A++++ game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Honky Dong Country posted:

I always get hosed up by eventually having to do orbital rendezvous. I'm so godamned bad at orbital rendezvous.

So am I.

I had to do 3 practice ones over kerbin, and even then I sorta hosed it up where my lander had to do way way too many orbits to rendezvous with the return stage.