Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
is there a central flight computer that receives input from all the sensors and commands the engine mechanisms for ignition/throttle/gimbaling/etc? or is there a specific engine control computer and the engine I/O goes to the engine computer and then the engine computer talks to some other computer?

how do the sensors and computers talk to each other on the rocket? do the sensors send packets of data or is it like voltages and poo poo?

how big a MIRV bus could you throw with one of them there BE-4s? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bloody posted:

here's half an hour of SSME failures to get some idea of what those can look like. the worst ones are where it goes from "that looks like an engine" to "that is solid white" in one frame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzUgq14kBwA

Bloody probably already knows this but before Challenger was destroyed, all the astronauts were way more terrified of the SSMEs than the SRBs