Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

a new study bible! posted:

Remember to take photos of every potato chip bag in the grocery store.
TFW Pepsi has marshmallow soda, and I can't get my hands on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
I joined last year right when thing were kicking off, but didn't make it to the actual contest. Corn guy still haunts my dreams.

Hell yeah I'm in for this year!

:krad:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Banana Canada posted:

Jumping aboard again for another year. I even booked a recovery day-off for the first time ever since using my vacation time for travel looks to be a forlorn hope again this year.

Any chance of some of the more expert players holding a workshop for casuals like me who want to improve our skills and ability to give serious support to the core team? The stuff you guys have built up over the years is magnificent but I feel like I'm not using it to its fullest potential.

That sounds like an awesome idea!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Infidel Castro posted:

You say this like it's not a good idea.

No I regularly take photos of snack bags at the grocery store for this exact purpose.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The one image last contest eluded us despite the fact that the product it was featured on is the only liquid I consume.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

there's no time to look at the packaging when you're trying to get it into your belly as fast as possible :pseudo:

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
If you haven't missed a question only to later find out said object was somewhere in your home, are you even playing trivia?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

If you haven't missed a question about an event you personally attended, are you even playing trivia?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

fuuuuuck I forgot to ask for the weekend off so I am working on the night of the 17th.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Aww gently caress, I'm getting my second Covid shot right before trivia. Hopefully I'm not gonna be too out of it to contribute

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Oh yeah, getting my second shot on the Sunday. Also might have to work that day as coworker wants it off.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
We have a little more than a week before pictures drop so try to get your IRC stuff set up soon

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

McStabby posted:

We have a little more than a week before pictures drop so try to get your IRC stuff set up soon

Also a quick reminder that if you haven't logged on to IRC frequently since last time your registration will have expired and you'll have to redo it.

e.martin
Jun 22, 2018

Very excite.

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

IRC is officially out of hibernation, no pictures yet but a ton of goons.

ElbowRooming
Jan 27, 2021
Toapapper2020
I want to take part in this, as data entry.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Man with Hat posted:

Also a quick reminder that if you haven't logged on to IRC frequently since last time your registration will have expired and you'll have to redo it.

The expiration is 30 days too so if like me you set IRC up when the thread hit then forgot to log in for >30 days, you should go ahead and get it set back up.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Just lol if you don't leave your irc client running but ignored the rest of the year

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
been meaning to get in on this for awhile, god I haven't used IRC in 9 years.

Kilonum posted:

Just lol if you don't leave your irc client running but ignored the rest of the year

Hi friend! Will be nice to chat again after the year of no conventions

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

Fellis posted:

IRC is the annoying gnat that never dies, there's just nothing better for this.

ElbowRooming posted:

I want to take part in this, as data entry.
Hop back into IRC if you want!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Blackajack posted:

Hop back into IRC if you want!

But don't buy another avatar just because the password's changed :)

Sarcasma
Jun 5, 2011
I'm excited & ready. I hope this year doesn't involve me having to disappear after day 1. My trivia kitten while still technically a kitten has turned into a trivia chonkers.

I also ordered the last few years shirts that I kept being too late for off of Redbubble! Thanks CNN!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Sarcasma posted:

I'm excited & ready. I hope this year doesn't involve me having to disappear after day 1. My trivia kitten while still technically a kitten has turned into a trivia chonkers.

I also ordered the last few years shirts that I kept being too late for off of Redbubble! Thanks CNN!

oh man thank you for the reminder! just got last year and this year's from being too late as well

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

And you're both contributing to Friends of 90FM!!!

It's worth noting that the Redbubble shop features a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT more than just t-shirts. Get a dress! Get a tank top! Get a tote bag! Get a mask!

It has a poo poo interface and you have to browse by category to see specific products for a selected "collection" (in this case, year/logo).

You can also select a collection then click whatever "all products" link is displayed.

Link again: https://www.redbubble.com/people/catnamednorris/shop?asc=u

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i noticed! i just got last year's logo on a tanktop cause that pattern seemed like it would look super cool on one

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I set up the irc

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
Hey if you're reading this and haven't joined IRC yet please join

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
PICTURES ARE HERE - GET IN, WEIRDOS xoxo

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Yo just a reminder that the Discord is pretty much in lockdown through next weekend. Still some chill poo poo happening there, but all contest chat is now restricted to IRC. If you need IRC help, post here, send a PM, reach out on Discord, or do your best to follow the instructions so you can at least get to #tplobby.

KGmeow
Oct 5, 2007

my cat is norris posted:

Yo just a reminder that the Discord is pretty much in lockdown through next weekend. Still some chill poo poo happening there, but all contest chat is now restricted to IRC. If you need IRC help, post here, send a PM, reach out on Discord, or do your best to follow the instructions so you can at least get to #tplobby.

Is there a trivia goon specific channel on Discord?

KGmeow fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 12, 2021

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

kitty-go-meow posted:

Is there a trivia goon specific channel on Discord?

I haven't been in GBS Disc in awhile, if that's the one you mean. Sent a PM with an invite to our TF server.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Fellis posted:

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Aardvark! posted:

bookmarked because I wanna get in on this this time. :hai:

:haibrower:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

And so begins the longest week of the year...

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Was not in a place to join in October, very hype to get in now.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Been absent for a few years, but I’m gonna hop back in. Looking forward to it!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Norris, when you get a chance, can you flip the switch on Red bubble to make the 2020 logo available as a sticker? I want to put all the TF stickers on my sticker cubby.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I brought my Drake posted:

Norris, when you get a chance, can you flip the switch on Red bubble to make the 2020 logo available as a sticker? I want to put all the TF stickers on my sticker cubby.

Oh poo poo I will get every logo on my sticker board. And draw frowny faces on the two i've missed.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I've never done this before. Is it chill if I just pop on for a bit over the weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

Hell yeah, half everyone joins on Friday anyway. Even if you don't want to play, watching the goon machine work is something in and of itself.