Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

I haven't been able to find if the later books were using the original RPG they were running as source material, does anyone know?

Edit: Kind of feel like all of season 4/book 4 existed because the players just ate a poo poo-ton of bad table rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

mediaphage posted:

getting into an argument about whether something is "hard" or "soft" scifi is the dumbest poo poo, it's all made up fairy tales

the day-to-day minutiae of it is generally believable which is more than you can say for, i dunno, the culture books

I mean, isn't hard scifi just extrapolations of things that could exist, no matter how fanciful? Like Niven's Integral Trees, vs Culture's Luxury Automated Trans-at-will Space Communism.