Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
god drat ancap planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

DropsySufferer posted:

So you're telling me there isn't going to be a Venus colony for a while :(

I played surviving Mars recently a fun game where you terraform Mars. Now I'm imaging terraforming Venus would a 100 times harder.How would the greenhouse gasses be dealt with to begin with.
Surviving Mars is a real fun game I love but its terraforming is basically magic. Even ignoring that it badly underestimates the difficulty of dealing with sub sub sub microscopic dust and food grown in Martian dirt/Martian rainfall would be chock full of perchlorates, the effects of which science currently describes as "we're not sure but probably bad". Colonising Venus with aerostats would be easier if only because nobody would be expecting to be able to go outside.

Of course europa is where it's really at :v:

Splicer fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 25, 2021

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Mmm enchiladas

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

blastron posted:

Is there a good reason to go to Venus, apart from cool science things? It seems like it's a huge ball of hot acid vapors that will actively try to murder anything that gets too close.
Sounds like my ex wife![/boomer comedian]

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Stexils posted:

let's take half of venus's atmosphere and put it on mars. this will solve all our problems
OK so everyone breathe in real hard next time we pass Venus but we need to time it right so we've gone past before the gas hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the Annihilatrix but exactly the same