Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A billionaire might have to wait a minute and I'm unable to understand this as to just walking out to my car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The only time driving is actually enjoyable is if you're on a trip somewhere cool with nice scenery. Otherwise, it's ok but boring at best, or just incredibly annoying. If you're in LA it's probably mostly the latter. If I was rich I would definitely have an on-call driver available whenever I wanted. Why the gently caress would I want to have to drive myself around all day for routine things when I could get someone else to do it for me instead?

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That's what I thought, but in all fairness none of us are billionaires. We have an example of what the rich actually do, and it's get high and drive themselves.

I wonder if it's because Tiger is new money. Did someone like Paris Hilton ever drive herself?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

That's what I thought, but in all fairness none of us are billionaires. We have an example of what the rich actually do, and it's get high and drive themselves.

I wonder if it's because Tiger is new money. Did someone like Paris Hilton ever drive herself?

She had at least one dui

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Big Beef City posted:

A billionaire might have to wait a minute and I'm unable to understand this as to just walking out to my car.

Honestly, what is your point anymore? Why do you feel the need to justify/rationalize Woods’ decision to drive while inebriated to this extent?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Who here hasn't flipped a car while drunk? Judgemental assholes.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Big Beef City posted:

You've argued that rich people shouldn't drive.

Nobody should drive.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

wizardofloneliness posted:

The only time driving is actually enjoyable is if you're on a trip somewhere cool with nice scenery. Otherwise, it's ok but boring at best, or just incredibly annoying. If you're in LA it's probably mostly the latter. If I was rich I would definitely have an on-call driver available whenever I wanted. Why the gently caress would I want to have to drive myself around all day for routine things when I could get someone else to do it for me instead?

I'm not sure if you remember being 16, but freedom and mobility are huge draws, red lights and LA traffic notwithstanding.

Also, BBC needs to shut the gently caress up.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Charles posted:

She had at least one dui

"rich people shouldn't drive" gaining evidence by the second

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The only thing rich people should be driving is a conveyer belt :iiaca:

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

wizardofloneliness posted:

With a good car and the right road, driving is very enjoyable. Feeling that throbbing, rumbling motor thrusting you towards the horizon with just a tap of your toe. Sweeping through curves and feeling the g-forces pull at you as the car hugs the road. Kicking the tail out into an extended powerslide. The rush of pushing the speedo needle all the way to the peg (or past the last labeled number). It's just all the loving traffic and cops that make this impossible 99.99 percent of the time.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
you never see b gates getting dui's or rolling his cars over medians and that guy's wasted 24/7/365.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
It's not so much that he choose to drive himself but the fact that there was literally no reason for him to drink and drive

Obviously there is never an excuse for drink driving but "I didn't want to pay 70 bucks for an uber" is at least a human response

Mia Antifa
Sep 12, 2011

nazi punks fuck off
Let ye who has not driven hopped up on goofballs and careened off an embankment cast the first stone

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Tiger Woods is used to making up for it with his short game.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I propose a tradeoff: rich people are not allowed to drive by they are allowed to use a hot air balloon anywhere, at any time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

They may use cars, but only in small underground tunnels built by Elon musk