Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Fame Douglas posted:

Tell us more about the Hyundai Genesis cars.

They seem pretty cool op

Edit: Genesis snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
Are we already all done with the ghoulish jokes about Woods surviving a crash that he probably won't ever be held criminally accountable for?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cafe Barbarian posted:

I love how the bike keeps going, like it finds its way home to the garage.

So in Montreal they have this big raised interchange where 3 highways meet (they're tearing it down now I think?). If you can imagine snowplows clearing these one and two lane roads all winter in -5 to -35 celcius, all the extra snow kind of accumulates into compressed ramps up both sides of the road. It's amazing more people don't go over the edge and plummet to their deaths.

e: I'm talking about this bc I'm pretty sure that's where the bike video is from.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 25, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fame Douglas posted:

Tell us more about the Hyundai Genesis cars.

It's just called Genesis now. You don't say Toyota Lexus.

Get with the times grandpa.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

John_A_Tallon posted:

Are we already all done with the ghoulish jokes about Woods surviving a crash that he probably won't ever be held criminally accountable for?

I'm hoping for a Photoshop thread

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

MakaVillian posted:

Neither of the current sedans have been based on a Hyundai platform, they're both based on Kia's luxury sedan platform.

If we're getting into this, Genesis is a spin-off of the Hyundai Genesis. Kia is owned by Hyundai. Saying it's a Kia platform and not a Hyundai platform is like saying it's dihydrogen monoxide, not water.

It's all stupid, he was driving crazy and the car didn't have anything to do with it.

John_A_Tallon posted:

https://abc7.com/tiger-woods-is-awake-recovering-after-socal-car-crash/10366769/

[quote="Tiger Woods likely won't face charges after Sheriff Villanueva calls car crash 'purely an accident'
"]"He was not drunk," Villanueva said Wednesday on Instagram Live. "We can throw that one out."

At most, the investigation could lead to a misdemeanor charge if it's determined Woods was on his cellphone or distracted in some other way, the sheriff added. Investigators have not yet pulled a "black box" from the damaged SUV to determine how fast Woods was traveling when the crash occurred.
[/quote]
The sheriff already said there will be no criminal charges.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i was hoping we could segue this in to discussion on what car looks the coolest flipping over a bunch of times and exploding

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Remember that time Christopher Reeve's life was saved by his horse?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Aardvark! posted:

i was hoping we could segue this in to discussion on what car looks the coolest flipping over a bunch of times and exploding

Mercedes clr at Le Mans

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Aardvark! posted:

PT Cruisers. Every time it happens that's one fewer PT Cruisers in the world.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Jose posted:

"tiger woods was in a car accident? great lets get an article out about the car he crashed"

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1364596319541682176?s=20

See if you can get some ads placed first, if you can make sure it's got a positive spin.

MakaVillian posted:

Yes and the previous generation was based on the Camry platform, which I think you'll agree doesn't look or feel much like a top line Lexus.

They look pretty similar to me.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
hi, i'm tiger's surgeon and i have good news and bad news.

the good news: we saved tiger's leg!
the bad news: we couldn't save the rest of him!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

MakaVillian posted:

They seem pretty cool op

Edit: Genesis snype

The vehicles are okay. Good value. The dealers suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

hi, i'm tiger's surgeon and i have good news and bad news.

the good news: we saved tiger's leg!
the bad news: we couldn't save the rest of him!

which leg?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Weka posted:

They look pretty similar to me.

They are all 4-door automobiles, yes

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

The other one.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Aardvark! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-HKSWf5xso

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

John_A_Tallon posted:

Eh it's boring now. He'll recover enough to drive again and repeat the process. It's even more likely now that his career is over and He'll need pain pills for this latest injury. It won't be this dramatic, but He'll keep having minor crashes and incidents every few months for the rest of his life until he manages to kill someone.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MakaVillian posted:

They are all 4-door automobiles, yes

Same car, but the Lexus always has an uglier grill.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

What states can you wrecj a car and not get cited for it? I know in parts of America you get a citation/ticket/traffic charge every time a tow truck shows up on a public road.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

satanic splash-back posted:

What states can you wrecj a car and not get cited for it? I know in parts of America you get a citation/ticket/traffic charge every time a tow truck shows up on a public road.

Every state if you're rich and famous. Or just rich

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if i had all the money in the world i'd prolly buy a genesis coupe, they're pretty rad cars

hyundai aren't the same company they were in 2000 anymore, they make legit good stuff

They quit making rhe coupe 5 years ago so you’re saying if you had all the money in the world you would buy a 5 year old Hyundai thats claim to fame was losing a Motortrend comparison test to the VW Golf and Scion FR-S.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
One of my friends has a Kia Stinger and it’s p nice

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

satanic splash-back posted:

this seemed really bizarre to me so I looked it up, and apparently there are states where they actually do that. but it seems the motivation is to make it impossible for a driver to ever sue over negligent road maintenance or conditions. as long as you can find the driver at fault for something, you never have to admit fault over not doing your job!

and those are already very difficult cases in the first place, so it says a lot about a state's willingness to inflict additional pain to people who've had a pure accident just to cover their rear end a tiny bit more.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

pnumoman posted:

Every state if you're rich and famous. Or just rich

Remember when Charlie Sheen kept pushing his cars off cliffs for fun? https://www.tmz.com/2010/06/15/charlie-sheen-car-over-a-cliff-hollywood-hills-stolen/

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

One of my friends has a Kia Stinger and it’s p nice

That does look like a good car. I always get a bit suspicious when the stats on a car look good, but the price is $15k or so too low.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ninjoatse.cx posted:

That does look like a good car. I always get a bit suspicious when the stats on a car look good, but the price is $15k or so too low.

Yeah he’s one of those dudes that has a good job and is single and lives pretty simply but then drops $50k in cash on a new car every 5 years. His last ride was one of the genesis coupes listed up thread. I think he put maybe 25K miles on it the entire time he owned it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah he’s one of those dudes that has a good job and is single and lives pretty simply but then drops $50k in cash on a new car every 5 years. His last ride was one of the genesis coupes listed up thread. I think he put maybe 25K miles on it the entire time he owned it.

I wish I could lease, but when the pandemic ends, I'm going to have to go back to commuting to work, and it's too far for a lease.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I wish I could lease, but when the pandemic ends, I'm going to have to go back to commuting to work, and it's too far for a lease.

My lease is up at the end of March. I’m just going to keep it and finance the remainder. Both my partner and I are permanently work from home now so we dropped down to one car. With the extra cash we can pay off this one early and get off the lease cycle.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anyway, how’s Tiger doing?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I prefer buying used cars with cash and then running them into the ground before moving on to the next victim

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

who cares we're talking about cars now

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

He's still got a driver's license.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i love the specificity here

quote:

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said on Wednesday that his department would not file charges against Woods pertaining to the crash near the border of Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes, about 30 miles south of downtown Los Angeles.

Villanueva said the department is considering it an accident, which could lead to a misdemeanor at most.

"He was not drunk," Villanueva said. "We can throw that one out."

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

i love the specificity here

Lol. “He was high as gently caress on seven different sedatives but I can say, unequivocally, that he was not drunk. “

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Have we considered he might've been tuggin

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Derpies posted:

Then he should be charged with dangerous tugging and have his tuggin licence suspended for 2 years at least

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Derpies posted:

If the Genesis doesn't allow for safe tugging, it's not my car.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Another Bill posted:

So in Montreal they have this big raised interchange where 3 highways meet (they're tearing it down now I think?). If you can imagine snowplows clearing these one and two lane roads all winter in -5 to -35 celcius, all the extra snow kind of accumulates into compressed ramps up both sides of the road. It's amazing more people don't go over the edge and plummet to their deaths.

e: I'm talking about this bc I'm pretty sure that's where the bike video is from.

Fuuuuucccckkkkk the turcot gently caress it so hard.

My driving instructor took me there on my first highway trip.

Glad that fucker is being torn down and rebuilt to not be an rear end in a top hat

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
honestly if a person is dui and they crash and have severe life-altering injuries as a result, and nobody else was hurt or damaged in any way, I'm kinda ok letting it slide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Klyith posted:

honestly if a person is dui and they crash and have severe life-altering injuries as a result, and nobody else was hurt or damaged in any way, I'm kinda ok letting it slide

he's going to do it again and again until he physically can't drive. I'd say "or he kills someone" but honestly even that's not likely to get his license pulled