Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Holy gently caress Peia just vaporized that poor henchman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Some real Blackagar Boltagon poo poo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

You've made mistakes you don't know how to fix and your future seems bleak: you know what might cheer you up? A bad, low-paying job!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I'm a little behind but let me guess Bizarro is turning into Doomsday?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Peia's actress is the bomb. She really sells every strike.

Uhhhh, didn't YOU KNOW die? How come YOU KNOW is alive again now?

Jon taking care of Jordan was ace and I hope Clark took notes.

Kyle you are a loveable jackass. Also, has his own MH struggles which contextualizes a great deal.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Sloth Life posted:

Kyle you are a loveable jackass. Also, has his own MH struggles which contextualizes a great deal.

It's been a minute, but I really felt bad for Kyle and how he was lied to from a few of the folks and found his reaction relatable. You can humor him without giving up a secret and betraying his trust!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You can really tell that this show has a much higher budget than pretty much any other DC TV show or at least better knows how to use said budget.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1668423679561154560?s=20

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ah so a final season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's good because apparently this season ends on a cliffhanger.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Praise be to beebo. This is the best show on television and I will be devastated when it ends.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

hmm

quote:

The renewals for both “Superman & Lois” and “All American: Homecoming” come with budget cuts that include cast reductions – the former has twelve series regulars, the latter has nine. Some of those roles will likely be reduced to recurring and so only appear in a few episodes.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Seeya Crissy, Uncle Military Guy, and maybe John Henry. Natalie will stick around.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Who is currently main cast though? They say 9.

Clark
Lois
Jonathan
Jordan
John Henry
Lana
Kyle
Sarah
Natalie

That’s 9 - so I guess Grandpa lane and Chrissy are recurring? Sarah and Natalie and Kyle are probably the least important cast members on that list.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gUpJA3I_0U

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Lord Bude posted:

Who is currently main cast though? They say 9.

Clark
Lois
Jonathan
Jordan
John Henry
Lana
Kyle
Sarah
Natalie

That’s 9 - so I guess Grandpa lane and Chrissy are recurring? Sarah and Natalie and Kyle are probably the least important cast members on that list.

They say 12, 9 is for the other show. So General Lane and Chrissy and a slot for the season Villain?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Klungar posted:

They say 12, 9 is for the other show. So General Lane and Chrissy and a slot for the season Villain?

Oh that makes more sense. General Lane and Chrissy definitely don’t need to be series regulars. Sarah, Natalie and Kyle are a stretch as well.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I like Indie Navarette, but her relationship is over with Jordan. She's not integral to the story. Her and Lana can certainly be dropped. JHI and Gen Lane can take a back seat.

I want to keep Natalie because she's a kid superhero like Jordan. I love the whole next gen supers thing the trio have going on.

Keep Kyle and Chrissy please 🥺 the only non Clark and Lois relationship I like. Plus Kyle and Jon are the human heroes of the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dylan Walsh's wife has posted that his character was just straight up cut from the show for season 4.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Dylan Walsh's wife has posted that his character was just straight up cut from the show for season 4.

oh drat, that’s an interesting choice. But I can kinda see how they don’t strictly need him on screen. He can get killed off or go back into retirement or something and it doesn’t really change the show too much, Superman can just have another DoD contact (hopefully nicer than Andersson). It would be less jarring than anyone else in the main cast leaving I think

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Any renewal at all is a minor miracle. Also, a reduced cast isn't necessarily a terrible thing. There've been plenty of folks that benefited from not needing to crowbar every regular in every episode.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

They're already made John Henry a DOD guy for reasons, this season. Seems like they're struggling to find a place for his character.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Would rather lose Kyle, Chrissy, Lana and kids than Grandpa Lane.

But, uh, I'm not advocating for 5 people losing their jobs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

RandomBlue posted:

:agreed: for Kyle and Lana. They have absolutely been struggling to find something for them to do since s1.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

RandomBlue posted:

But, uh, I'm not advocating for 5 people losing their jobs.

Well good, because… 8 are?

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1669140780651249664?s=12

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

gently caress it. Move em all back to Metropolis and you’re good to go. Anyone Smallville related is gone.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

That’s a more dramatic cut than I was expecting. But at the same time realistically Lois, Clark and the boys are the only characters who absolutely need to be main cast.

And it doesn’t say the others flat out won’t be in the show, it just says they won’t be main cast. I’m ok with the others on the list only showing up occasionally. Especially since it seems like that means the whole Jordan/Sara angstathon won’t be a major plotline moving forward.

On the other hand it’s super loving awkward that the show now has an all white main cast. I thought for sure they’d keep John Henry and maybe Natalie or Lana in the main cast to avoid that.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

On the other hand it’s super loving awkward that the show now has an all white main cast. I thought for sure they’d keep John Henry and maybe Natalie or Lana in the main cast to avoid that.

Yeah it's a really bad look.

Also, losing the rest of that cast ain't great because the Cushing/Lang allowed the show to have "less-than-ideal" family issues you wouldn't want the Kents to have. They really rounded out the show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michael Cudlitz is a great choice for Grimdark Lex Luthor.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Gonz posted:

Michael Cudlitz is a great choice for Grimdark Lex Luthor.

I was skeptical of them introducing Luthor at all, but that was a hell of an episode. He reminds me the most of Luthor from the animated series; he's a monstrous thug who hides behind a facade of being rich and classy. Good stuff and the reveal of him arriving at the Kent house was like something from a horror movie.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jeez Jordan, you are being kind of a poo poo.

I wonder if Lex's daughter shows up next season. Could be an interesting addition.

:rip: Otis

A Fancy Hat posted:

I was skeptical of them introducing Luthor at all, but that was a hell of an episode. He reminds me the most of Luthor from the animated series; he's a monstrous thug who hides behind a facade of being rich and classy. Good stuff and the reveal of him arriving at the Kent house was like something from a horror movie.

Yea, I am enjoying his take on the char.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Coldly sociopathic luthor is compelling. He's honest if nothing else
This ep made me miss Elsass quite a bit, not because of NuJon but because he did such a good job with media darling Squareverse Superboy.

I think we are seeing Kyle's villain story and I'm kind of rooting for him. Can't do right for doing wrong and I feel for him.
Really liked Lana and Sarah this episode, great work

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
I'd be ok if they wrote Jordon out, he's so insufferable.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

*watches the season finale*

That was probably……75% of the season budget.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I was VERY surprised by how big Bizarro got for his big reveal to Superman. I thought I was looking at Doomsday for a second.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Vietnamwees posted:

I was VERY surprised by how big Bizarro got for his big reveal to Superman. I thought I was looking at Doomsday for a second.

Hell, same. Especially with all the boney spikes sticking out of him.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Pretty intriguing to end the season with a cliffhanger for the first time.
I'm curious to know a bit more about their version of Luthor and see where the show's heading in its (likely) last season.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I do not care for this pregnancy storyline at all.

Bizarro Doomsday? Sure why not. I guess they were saving their budget all season for this. They just handwaved how he dies and gets stronger right? It was just that line from Luthor. Seemed pretty sloppy and rushed.

Kind of a disappointing finale. Nothing was really resolved. Maybe the showrunners new they were on the brink of being cancelled and this was intentional to try and get a final season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Just lol at the end of the episode. They filmed this season thinking it may be the final one and decided to end the season in the middle of a fight. I enjoy this show but season 3 is def the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vietnamwees posted:

He is Doomsday now. The dying and coming back stronger is basically Doomsday's origin.

It is kind of a weird place to end the season, especially since they're decimating the cast. So look forward to next season having a bunch of lines about why people are no longer appearing.