Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Weird choice to start off the episode with a volvo commercial but if that's the cost to avoid Arrow-level production values it's totally worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

XboxPants posted:

Weird choice to start off the episode with a volvo commercial but if that's the cost to avoid Arrow-level production values it's totally worth it

The commercials playing in full even after you've already watched them and rewind past them is something I don't recall from past uses of the CW app, but gently caress it, that'll teach me to use brand-new eps as background noise anyway.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This show is much better than I expected from another CW DC show.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Does anyone know if there are longer versions of this on the CW app? I was watching a reaction channel and their version had scenes from episode 2 that weren’t in my dvr recording or in the on demand versions of the episode. Specifically more party scenes and stuff about General Lane gathering Kryptonite and later telling Superman about it.

Edit: installed the app, looks like they bill episode 2 as an extended cut. Cool I guess?

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 4, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The only thing that took me out of the episode was alter Clark wearing the cheap black suit from a few years ago. I had noted in the pilot they went to the trouble of building that beautiful Fleischer suit for the flashback and then we never see the shoulder cape suit. I assume they used it because it was a brief scene in shadow and we won't see much of that Superman going forward.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ohhh Jordan is named after Jor-El :shobon:

Why did I not even think of that lol

This show does a lot of things I like so I hope it won't do the thing I don't like and make Sam Lane stupid or whatever. The 7734 thing seems to be a direct reference to his shenanigans in the New Krypton comics arc where he was basically a crazy evil person.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hologram Jor El is kind of a dick.

"Oh, your son just shot lasers out of his eyes ONE TIME, no big deal."

My personal theory is he's actually Brainiac or the Eradicator but for now he's just a jerky grandpa.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

A Fancy Hat posted:

My personal theory is he's actually Brainiac or the Eradicator but for now he's just a jerky grandpa.

Super strong? Pffft, maybe for his size, I bet he could hardly deadlift a single truck

Seriously though, if he had 1/100 of Superman's strength, as he suggested, that still probably puts him in like, top 5 strongest heroes in the world. Like we got, what Superman, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, then.... Nate Heywood? lol

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Maybe his powers aren't really showing themselves because he doesn't get a lot of sun/doesn't get out much and as soon as that changes he'll be more powerful.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Maybe his powers aren't really showing themselves because he doesn't get a lot of sun/doesn't get out much and as soon as that changes he'll be more powerful.

Dramatic mid-season finale as Jordan has to choose between going to the beach and learning to fly or getting hardcore into the FGC and taking his Injustice skills to the next level.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

A Fancy Hat posted:

My theory as well. Or possibly wishful thinking since I've always thought that Jor El hanging around after he explodes is some bullshit. Without doing even a moment's research, I'm just going to go ahead and assume that's only a thing because Marlon Brando counted his lines in the script and threw one of his famous hissy fits.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It makes sense if you think of the fortress of solitude as this magical cave of wonders. Out in the world, Superman has many fantastic powers but he's part of the human world and usually lives as a human. In his fortress he's got all these insane alien things and magical gewgaws and space robots and his dad is magically alive as a computer he can talk to because what does death matter when you're magic. It's like a representation of the fact that Superman is fantastical and impossible, and he has a small slice of the world that's just as fantastical and impossible as he is.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

quote:

Superman & Lois
The CW’s “Superman & Lois” is being temporarily removed from the schedule after being impact by a COVID-19 shutdown. The show will take a break after its fourth episode and will return with the remainder of the season from May 18th. “Supergirl” will take over the timeslot from March 30th when some of its sixth and final season airs

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well that was fast. This show not only shut down, but lost its times timeslot to another Arrowverse show!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I did think that was a weird time to premiere the new season of Supergirl.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

These are all very good, but I'd really like to see the Daily Planet elevator doors opening on Lois' "I'm about to absolutely ruin someone's day" expression.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moon Slayer posted:

These are all very good, but I'd really like to see the Daily Planet elevator doors opening on Lois' "I'm about to absolutely ruin someone's day" expression.

https://i.imgur.com/H50rVnn.mp4

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

:yeah:

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Elizabeth Tulloch does fierce very well. There's something about her face, she just looks like a ball breaker in a way Melissa Benoit doesn't.

Also, Jonathan has inherited it. That's a bit of fine casting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bitsi is crushing it as Lois.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Bitsi is crushing it as Lois.

They need to give her back the Solar Hammer from Elseworlds. She kicked rear end with that.

E: or just A hammer, I guess. She was more than ready to drill both Barry and Oliver with a ball peen before Kara jumped in.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 6, 2021

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I couldn't have been the only person who thought when Lois listed off those three other towns that Morgan Edge was trying to sell Smallville a monorail, right?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moon Slayer posted:

I couldn't have been the only person who thought when Lois listed off those three other towns that Morgan Edge was trying to sell Smallville a monorail, right?

You weren't haha.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Moon Slayer posted:

It's more of a Central City idea...

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
DC's love of fictional cities made it really weird in Flash when Stein I think moved to Pittsburgh.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Monorail, mineral rights. different names, same scam.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Monorail, mineral rights. different names, same scam.

So in conclusion, Mineral=Rocks and Rights=Rights.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

2nd episode was good.
The twins have a believable relationship between each other, waiting to see Sam Lane's reaction on the passive aggressive scale once he finds out Jordan has quasi-Superman powers.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

quantumfoam posted:

2nd episode was good.
The twins have a believable relationship between each other, waiting to see Sam Lane's reaction on the passive aggressive scale once he finds out Jordan has quasi-Superman powers.

I appreciate that the twins obviously love each other but can also totally hate each other at times. I'm 2 years older than my brother and a lot of our teen years were like that.

Sam Lane has some balls on him to be like "Hey Superman, you're being a bad father. Yeah, that's right, I'm talking to the man who could split the moon in half if he wanted to. You're a bad father and husband!"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Fuckin Kara can't even go to her aunts funeral.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

GreenNight posted:

Fuckin Kara can't even go to her aunts funeral.

I haven't seen much of Supergirl, but Kara Zor-el is Kal-El's cousin, but there's no relation between the Kents and the Danvers, correct?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

oh jay posted:

I haven't seen much of Supergirl, but Kara Zor-el is Kal-El's cousin, but there's no relation between the Kents and the Danvers, correct?

No, but there is no relation between Clark and Martha either other than she raised him. Kara would go because she knows how much Martha means to Clark.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm sure if Benoist wasn't pregnant/on maternity leave, and there wasn't a global pandemic going on Kara would've been at the funeral.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Na, screw all that. :colbert:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I'm sure if Benoist wasn't pregnant/on maternity leave, and there wasn't a global pandemic going on Kara would've been at the funeral.

Yeah, I'm sure as soon as she's able (and willing) it'll be like "Kara, you're back! How was your trip to outer space/the 30th century/Earth-22" or whatever.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I suppose where Superman films is not Vancouver where everything else films. I didn't know they were using the same place as Smallville though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

I appreciate that the twins obviously love each other but can also totally hate each other at times. I'm 2 years older than my brother and a lot of our teen years were like that.

Sam Lane has some balls on him to be like "Hey Superman, you're being a bad father. Yeah, that's right, I'm talking to the man who could split the moon in half if he wanted to. You're a bad father and husband!"

You're missing the "like I was" part of the General's thing

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So which eps of which shows in which order do I need to watch for the crisis of infinite earths story? I fell off of arrowverse stuff a while ago but want to watch that.

nevermind I just copy and pasted my question into google, well off to watch that then.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 9, 2021

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

So which eps of which shows in which order do I need to watch for the crisis of infinite earths story? I fell off of arrowverse stuff a while ago but want to watch that.

nevermind I just copy and pasted my question into google, well off to watch that then.

I haven't watch the Arrowverse since... The second season of Supergirl?

You don't need to watch the other shows for this one, at least not for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The kid who plays Johnathan has some amazing reaction faces.