Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJPJPUpNvDw
Spinning out of Supergirl, Superman & Lois is about Superman and Lois. There have been some changes since we last saw the characters. Pre-Crisis Lois and Clark had one child, which was a newborn baby boy. Now they have twins who are teenagers. Also they've recast Samuel Lane and Morgan Edge.

Main
Tyler Hoechlin as Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman: A superhero from Krypton who defends Earth and is Lois' husband.
Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane: A journalist at the Metropolis newspaper the Daily Planet and Clark's wife.
Jordan Elsass as Jonathan Kent: The modest and kind-hearted son of Clark and Lois.
Alexander Garfin as Jordan Kent: The intelligent son of Clark and Lois who has social anxiety and enjoys playing video games alone.
Inde Navarrette as Sarah Cushing: Kyle and Lana's "wild child" daughter who befriends the Kent boys.
Dylan Walsh as Samuel Lane: Lois' father, a no-nonsense, workaholic Army general who is determined to keep America and the world safe from all threats.
Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lana Lang: An old friend of Clark Kent and the loan officer at Smallville Bank.
Erik Valdez as Kyle Cushing: Lana's husband and Smallville's fire chief who enjoys his life living in a small town and is wary of those from bigger cities.
Wolé Parks as The Stranger: "A mysterious visitor hellbent on proving to the world that it no longer needs Superman."
Adam Rayner as Morgan Edge: "An intelligent, eloquent and impassioned self-made mogul".
Recurring
Sofia Hasmik as Chrissy Beppo: A "go-getter" journalist at the Smallville Gazette who has a "chance encounter" that changes her life.
Stacey Farber as Leslie Larr: Someone who works with "the most influential people on the planet".
Joselyn Picard as Sophie Cushing: "Spirited and rebellious" younger daughter of Lana Lang and Kyle Cushing.
Angus Macfadyen as Jor-El: Clark Kent's Kryptonian father. Though he died along with Krypton, his brilliant essence still exists within the arctic Fortress of Solitude to provide guidance when his son seeks help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This was a pretty expensive looking show, it'll definitely be interesting to see if they can keep it up or if next week we'll be right back to normal CW budget levels.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Someone called Captain Luthor's super suit look Master Chief but to me out looked more like the Doom Slayer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Adnor posted:

Jonathan clearly is going to get the more obscure Superman powers, like shooting a small version of himself from his fingers.

Hey, do not talk about Superman's new power.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is an extremely weird hill to die on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

That may be a regional colloquial usage but it's still not correct.

This is the dumbest argument.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They were probably just making sure it wasn't some huge flop that absolutely nobody watched.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of funny just how quickly Clark was able to make it there when Lois activated her signal device.

Tiggum posted:

Is this still set in the same world as Supergirl/Flash/etc.? If so, what would be so weird about a person with super powers working for a rich guy?

Merging the worlds was the dumbest idea they ever had.

I think CW realized that just by its nature a Superman show was going to attract more attention than the other Arrowverse shows so they're taking a light touch with referencing things. They don't want to scare someone away with the idea that this is a spinoff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also, are they trying to sell this show in international markets because they sure keep going back to China every time there's a big action scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the idea is that Morgan Edge is running around digging up that mineral which gives people powers and that she was one of his test subjects.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They already did that story on Supergirl with Reign.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

If Jonathan was in line to be the starting QB on his high school team at 14 either he's a king poo poo QB who should be starting for Smallville, or his old high school team suuuuuucked.

They did say him doing that was a big deal in the first episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, Stargirl was but that was a special case. But yeah it is kind of weird that the episodes were only going to be on HBO Max while it was on hiatus.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vietnamwees posted:

Isn't that one of his powers?? Super-Dadding it up?

I really liked the scene where Clark realized that Jordan was gloating over hurting the other player and instantly shut it down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As someone who dislikes highschool football drama I don't think it is so bad on this. The actual game stuff is incidental to character moments with Jordan and Jon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They could be using New Earth to retcon Edge into Dru-Zod.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

So, uh, "Edge" is being metaphorical when he says Clark is his brother, right?

He definitely isn't literally Clark's brother seeing as he had a different house crest on his shirt.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Inspector 34 posted:

If Superman's mom didn't intend for her tech to be used that way why did she exclusively upload absolute assholes into it?

That's kind of Krypton. They were dicks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Irons needs a new helmet. The rest of the suit looks fine but that is not a hero helmet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only problem with the Eradicator is when I hear its name I think of the Kids in the Hall sketch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO0FxifkzFQ

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Weather Wizard already has a daughter, Weather Witch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe I'm wrong but it kind of looks like these post shooting break episodes they've toned down the fake muscles on the Superman suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess in the spirit of bringing back Renee for Batwoman, Jenna Dewan will be showing up as Lois' sister, Lucy Lane in season 2. She originally showed up way back in s1 of Supergirl.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Recently announced that this is back for season two January 11th.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

First season kind of played fast and loose to having her around too.

TwoPair posted:

That's what I thought at first but going back and looking at it again the hand looks more robotic kind of? I mean, I guess that could just be the approach they'll take with their Doomsday though...

When Doomsday originally showed up in the comics he was wearing a restrictive suit so it could be something like that.

Also I know they want to keep things loosey goosey with continuity between Supergirl and S&L but the Supergirl finale kind of had Kara blowing up Clark's spot a little by her going public.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh boy, Sam Witwer!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Disposable Scud posted:

Goddamnit. I am so sick of that character. Give us Metallo or Parasite you cowards.

They already did those on Supergirl so they're probably a little gunshy about reusing characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Starting in April DC is doing an Arrowverse crossover through comic books. Six issues over 3 months with the story being in show continuity. The Superman & Lois issue is going to delve further into what happened with the alternate Superman that let him go bad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

apatheticman posted:

Hoechin gonna get scooped up by something else eventually, he's too charismatic to not be folded under some disney poo poo somehwere.

He fuckin loves being Superman though. He ain't stopping til they cancel this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know what you're talking about...
:ninja:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah same as last year having John let the ai call him Captain Luthor for so long.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lamont posted:

Did I miss something about this stupid loving cult subplot? How is a video of Lois' sister saying some crazy person bullshit about how Lois stopped her from "crossing over" by taking pills supposed to make Lois look bad?

I think the idea is the actual content doesn't matter as much as Lois confirming that she edited Lucy's side of the interview to make it seem like she was against the cult when she wasn't.

But yeah, the "Inverse" stuff definitely seems like it is going to tie into the Bizarro plot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Funniest part of Bizarro world was Superman having a cat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good news, renewed for season 3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sarah playing the dangerous game of attempting to set up a polycule.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

My wife was complaining that Jordan needed a costume to hide his identity if he's doing full time superheroics. I started describing the 90s Superboy outfit with the leather jacket.

I don't know what magic happened, but Jon showing up in a modern version of that outfit at the end was amazing.

Behind the scenes shots show that he's wearing a Superman shirt under the jacket.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I had no idea Conner Kent was that Superboy. He was so hip and cool in the 90s, now he looks like he's the biggest square, probably joins local young republican organizations.

What you don't like his costume of jeans and a plain black Superman shirt?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supposedly before the end of this season we'll have some kind of crossover from Supergirl.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I loved the old CRT iMacs in the newsroom.

Also people only had flip phones and CRT TVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was renewed for another season already.