Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"My mom made it for me." :v:

I like that General Lane isn't a dick to Superman.

The sonic boom effects when he's flying really do give a sense of speed and power.

Superman's real nemesis: :capitalism:

I guess Master Chief is Captain Luthor. Not sure that explains anything but there it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

You guys are coming at it from the wrong angle: Jonathan is going to have Bizarro's powers. Freeze vision and heat breath.

Or maybe he will end up like Mr Glass. Either one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm glad they still have the budget to make the cgi look good. Certainly a big step above Supergirl.

Lois Lane is perfect. She just can't sit around and she's all fired up to get Morgan Edge.

howe_sam posted:

The boys synchronized facepalming when Lois went after Edge was great.
That was :discourse:

Holy poo poo Kyle is the worst and yet completely believable. :911:

I want an edit where every scene with Luthor has music from Doom Eternal.

Dickhead General Lane: origins :v:

e: Kyle would be a lot more sympathetic if he was out of a job and Edge was promising him one. But his family has 2 earners so he just seems like a real piece of poo poo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 3, 2021

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/x9LwfRB.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/VezvgQT.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moon Slayer posted:

These are all very good, but I'd really like to see the Daily Planet elevator doors opening on Lois' "I'm about to absolutely ruin someone's day" expression.

https://i.imgur.com/H50rVnn.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moon Slayer posted:

I couldn't have been the only person who thought when Lois listed off those three other towns that Morgan Edge was trying to sell Smallville a monorail, right?

You weren't haha.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kinda wish that Jordan had lasered the bully right in the face. Taking it out on the football team was almost as good. Dorky dad Clark is very wholesome.

lol that Lana's family has an old tiny CRT tv. What an odd choice for the set design.

Seems wasteful to kill a meta that can physically match Superman but then again I'm no supervillain.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Did he really "stand his own"? Once Kal realized he had to try, he goes full "I live in a cardboard world" on his rear end quick.

And no immunity to freeze/lasers? Hardly a challenge.

I would say he did pretty well. He took the initial beating without flinching and then knocked his rear end out.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wait why would Jonathan think that the coach was calling him into the game? Isn't he a QB and his brother plays some defensive position?

Jonathan's super power seems to be emotional maturity and empathy. He just cares about people.

lol all open flames in the barn. I know Superman is there but c'mon son.

Looks like Morgan Edge is going to make some meteor freaks.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Also Lois really should've asked Clark to spend like 2 mins at the mine that Edge wanted to buy and give it the ol x-ray scan. Him failing to do that would have been more relevant that him being too busy to give a speech at the townhall.

And only Jordan had any pushback about the DOD teen prison camps educational facilities for metas? Lois your hate boner for Morgan Edge is making you slip up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I like how they kept that Clark is a big giant wiener nerd.

Though heat vision Personal Assistant is a Kyptonian? She going to turn out to be Ursa?

Is she? I thought she just had powers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

There's a trailer for season 6 of Supergirl up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdI5jyNXqPY

And it looks so terrible. The unexpected quality of this show makes me never want to even bother with Supergirl again.

Jon Cryer is still around and having a blast as Lex so I'll watch it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lex Luthor has his warsuit, Captain Luthor has an RV :v: And I guess the writer's wanted to give him another reason to hate Kal-El, as if destroying his world wasn't enough. Seems sloppy that Clark didn't wonder what the gently caress blew both of them out of the sky.

Well I guess we know what Morgan edge is doing now.

lol the LaGuerta bench returns! That should've been a sweet moment but Dexter ruined it for me.

Xelkelvos posted:

Edit2: Whoa. That's certainly a twist. Both of them.

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Is it me or the Luther plot the least interesting part of the series?

It definitely is.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SimonChris posted:

Anyone else find it a bit odd that Superman made no attempt to investigate who just shot him out of the sky with a high-tech rocket? There wasn't even any dialogue about it.

I did!

Maybe it can be an escalating series of attempts to murder him throughout the season. Luthor takes out bigger and bigger weapons from his RV and tries to kill Superman, but Superman just shrugs it off and doesn't even give it a second thought.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

oh jay posted:

For a split second I thought Jonathan had manifested super strength right there. Of course not. The writers are going to push this kid to his absolute breaking point.

He's gonna be the O'Brien of the show. Or Major from iZombie. All the bad things will just keep happening to him. Forever. :smith:

Should've just let that poor boy go back to Metropolis and live with their family friend.

Yannick_B posted:

Superman lookin' pissed with his glowing heat eyes is such a tired modern cliche/image for the character BUT by having that happen because
he's pissed at the government for shooting at a kid? It's wonderful.

"Stand down." Superman is scary when he's mad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

apatheticman posted:

It's clear Jon needs to be around for Jordan's powers to activate.

Can you imagine how goddamn salty and angry Jon would be if this was confirmed?

You mean all of this could have been avoided if you guys just let me play football in Metropolis?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Good twist and reveal.

I very much enjoy the Kents as a family. Let's talk this out also reveal what has been happening!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/EC3QcLM.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vietnamwees posted:

So let me get this straight...

John Jeremy Irons(the creator of the Steel armor) lived in another dimension where Superman turned evil, got a group of other Supermen together to take over the world, but after resisting he ran off to our dimension, John followed him to kill Superman, and then wanted to come back to his home!?

Also, does this mean that the black armor was originally intended to be used by the other dimensions Luther!? And that John was in a relationship with his own Lois!? And if the evil Superman did in fact run here, then where is he!?

Did I miss this part where the evil Superman from John's dimension escaped to the current one? Seemed like evil Superman was successful on his earth and won. I think it was just John who escaped and is now trying to kill Clark before history repeats itself.

Everything else seems right. The Halo armor / AI was probably meant for Lex.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Angry Lois is terrifying

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Actually I still can't believe they let him go. Show of good faith, sure but the dude attacked a military facility. He would definitely be in gitmo. At least confiscate his fancy murder van and weapons.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nice to see Clark doing some investigation stuff too.

Jon lost his cast super fast. Maybe he has super healing :v:

"You didn't really think I'd give people powers without having them myself." I guess that explains that.

howe_sam posted:

So, uh, "Edge" is being metaphorical when he says Clark is his brother, right?

Tune in next week to find out!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/y5ueAb7.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

So, uh, "Edge" is being metaphorical when he says Clark is his brother, right?

Based on the promo for the next episode, the answer appears to be yes his actual brother and not just another fellow kryptonian

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I do like that Clark immediately told everyone in the family. I remember when they said no more secrets on Arrow and then immediately went back to keeping secrets. :v:

Chuckling a bit everytime that Clark's mom mentions how she's and most kryptonians are good people but then she named her invention the eradicator.

A bit surprised they dealt with all fake krytonians already. I wonder what else Edge has planned.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Now that I think about it, Edge was kind of a dummy to just leave the eradicator device completed unguarded. Unless he has a hell of an ace up his sleeve, seems like he just lost his only way to bring back kryptonians.

jassa posted:

Yeah, that was a surprise, considering there are still three episodes remaining!

This season will actually have 15 episodes for some reason and the finale will be directed by Tom Cavanaugh. :zoomed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I like that Edge was smart enough to put his fortress of solitude in the desert. :sun:

Sloth Life posted:

I have to say Hoechlin is really surprising me with his portrayal of Clark and Superman. He's *really* good in this episode.

I also love that Lois career was separate from, and in spite of Superman at first. Her opening Clarks eyes to systemic oppression is a great beat in their relationship. I also really appreciate the clear call out that she is a *good reporter* and it's not just down to her relationship with Superman.

Clark and Lois are so well cast. They are fantastic.

Xelkelvos posted:

God, Hoechlin is great at being dorky Clark.

:hmmyes:

e: Looks like the next ep is July 12th.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 23, 2021

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Smallville is full of assholes. No wonder they had no problems hitting up Martha Kent for cash.

What was said in the final scene with Edge in prison when his eyes flashed blue? I couldn't make it out.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/AbXLUd1.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kind of a lowkey episode but it worked.

:rip: Edge. Hello Eradicator. I wonder how he plans to resurrect kryptonians.

No new ep until Aug 10th? This scheduling sucks.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hollismason posted:

The scheduling on this is loving bizarre. I hope it doesn't damage the show because I really want a second season of Superman and Lois.

The show was renewed for a second season right after the first episode aired.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

XboxPants posted:

It was MEANT to just be "a radicator", i.e. something that makes things Rad, it's just that Morgan Edge's dad is so cartoonishly evil that it sounds like "eradicator" coming from him. Poor guy, everyone always assumes the worst of him even when he's just trying to help save his people, just cause he LOOKS like a melting wax museum nazi general.

Now I'm gonna pretend that after creating "a radicator", Lara-El spent the rest of her time growing and smoking the dankest space herb.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Edge spent 3 whole weeks getting charged on sun juice. He's ready to radicate.

"Do I look like someone who gives classified intel to drunk teenagers?"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Boo the military sucks. Leave"
"Oh gently caress Edge is here. Save us."

I thought General Lane was joking about sending out a newsletter to get people to evacuate but lol she was doing it. Part of me was hoping that Edgeradictor would destroy Smallville so the show can take place in Metropolis next season. Smallville sucks.

Vin Diesel wishes he had this level of family in the movies. Lois saving Jordan, Clark saving Edge, Clark giving his dad a eulogy. All great scenes. Superman also just telling people / the world what happened was also refreshing.

That was kind of a weird final scene. I'm happy for John Henry, but it's not much of an ending hook for the next season. Certainly not as much as the dramatic music wanted it to be. Seems like something that can be cleared up in a few minutes.

Bring on season 2!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jassa posted:

I mean, she could be bringing news that she's not the only person who followed John Henry to this Earth - I'm sure they won't use Edge again but Eradicated Supes or their Lex could be on the loose.

I didn't even think of that. :negative: I was focusing on Nat calling Lois mom.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Clark's expression when Johnathan's girlfriend repeated the exact same advice to him. Clark owns.

Kind of a dick move to beach that submarine Clark. But a North Korean nuclear sub? cmon :laugh:

Wow they really cranked up the CW drama dial to 11 for this premiere.

Natalie :smith: Stop making this real weird Lois.

e: Are the American knockoff Superman soldiers some comics thing? I assume so

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Solid premiere. Am I crazy or didn't the Lanes have a second kid?

They did. A younger sister. She's probably still at summer camp or she's at her relatives or they forgot about her :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Are we talking about Lucy Lane? She was on Supergirl s1. She's confirmed to be showing up in this show too, this season, played by the same actress.

Lana's family