Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

Oh my god it's Hitler's dog!

I follow a few space-centric youtubers and I've found some are better than others

Scott Manley is the gold standard, he seems like a legit dude and I have no idea how he has time to make his youtube videos while actually seeming to have a life and career , but, all his videos seem intelligently thought out and he doesn't seem to be there for anything but his passion about space

Vintage Space is great, I love her niche and research she does into all her pre 1980's space stuff

Everyday Astronaut I want to like but he always feels like he has this fake over the top energy enthusiasm going on, idk whats up with him, just like, chill out a bit dude

I recently discovered Homemade Docs and though he has like no views he has a lot of long-format documentaries on early unmanned spaceflight missions which are fantastic and dig up tons of archival footage

What are your favourite space youtube things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 9, 2004

outlive your enemies

Hell yeah. Scott Manley is excellent; agreed that his existence on YouTube is just space, and space games. Does he even sell merch?

I like Everyday Astronaut. I get him, his exuberance and all. I'd probably be like him if I were on the tube... he's way more knowledgeable than I so we're all lucky there. Space is awesome, literally, and the "youtuber" position has to be filled in any sort of niche really, glad it's him and not a screaming jackass.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

Dr Becky Smethhurst is a cool Brit doc focusing on black holes, but she does a night sky news once a month (with other deeper delve vids once a week or two)

Not outing anyone, but yall know a popular space youtuber is a goon right? I havent been in the space thread in ages and dont know if youre regulars

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Does Isaac Arthur count? Hes more focused on futurism and talking about sci-fi concepts, but hes got a lot of cool vids.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Shnakepup posted:

Does Isaac Arthur count? Hes more focused on futurism and talking about sci-fi concepts, but hes got a lot of cool vids.

yeah he has some neat stuff.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

Oh my god it's Hitler's dog!

Shnakepup posted:

Isaac arthur totally counts, and his sweet soothing southern drawl combined with interesting lisp can lullaby me to sleep any night as he talks about the things needed to colonize the stars

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Shnakepup posted:

I think he has one of the best channels for space content. Even if it's not his primary focus the sheer volume of his comprehensive content puts him ahead of almost everyone else.

CMYK BLYAT!
Nov 7, 2011

tolko zhaesh, poshli ikh na X
ne umru ya, moi drug, nikogda!

PBS Space Time is some good astrophysics (and other physics) watchin

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005

Buglord

I've yet to watch any of his other vids, but this 'Cool Worlds' dude made a pretty neat youtube video with a lot of intetesting info about space stations and humans in micro/simulated gravity that I had never encountered before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Roumba posted:

I've yet to watch any of his other vids, but this 'Cool Worlds' dude made a pretty neat youtube video with a lot of intetesting info about space stations and humans in micro/simulated gravity that I had never encountered before.

Cool I'll take a look.