Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Due to the age of the machine any piece of hardware could've failed.

I'd try disconnecting any HDDs/SSDs and also using one stick of RAM and seeing if it can POST. That would narrow the issue down a little more.

Duuk posted:

The lights are on inside the case, it goes blobloop and hums, so I assume it's not the power module. If it were the HDD I would expect to get a picture asking me where the HDD is, although the PC has a SATA drive which was always a strange animal for booting (it claimed not to exist on the boot screen while actually working just fine).

FYI A failing PSU can have enough power to turn lights/fans on but not the entire machine. And a failing drive can also prevent POSTing while not giving any error messages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU