Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
I remember reading at different times that both Philip K. Dick and Steven Spielberg said that even though Ellison would rant and rave angrily about them (I forget exactly what works of theirs he disliked enough to gripe about them, though), they couldn't help but love him anyway because he did it in such a way that endeared him to them. I imagine it was the same for a lot of others. Even Starlog, who included him in some anniversary issue with a two-part interview where he straight up told them "I am very suspicious of whores" and said that they were basically the science fiction magazine version of "The Tonight Show", where they never put in any articles with an opinion that might challenge or offend someone. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU