Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Isiah vs Adam 5 5.88%
Varsity Blonds vs Team Taz 3 3.53%
Nyla Rose vs Britt Baker 23 27.06%
Rey Fenix vs The Murderhawk Monster 54 63.53%
Total: 85 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
'It's good the women are leading a new platform venture' and 'it's bad more women's matches weren't on Dynamite' can both be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

A talking coyote posted:

Guys I’ve liked the tournament too but twisting yourself into to knots to say actually it’s good more of the matches weren’t on dynamite is a bad look.

oof. These people need to read the room and realise this ain’t it chief.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The women's tournament needed to be relegated to the internet because it is secondary to Jade Cargill the new ace of the division.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SonicRulez posted:

The TNT title scene is as full as the tag title scene meaning there's like 15 people who could be champion and I'd be happy with it. I hope they don't fall into WWE's standard of just having 50 belts. They could probably afford a bit of hotshot. Ricky, Sammy, Miro, Archer, both Lucha Bros, PAC, Eddie, and I'm sure I'm missing a few here and there.

I think for a roster a deep and talented as AEW, the title breakdown (for the men) should be 3 singles titles, and 2 tag titles. I'm hesitant about a Trios title, because in the past, 6-Man belts in America never worked because there was never a dedicated division. It was always either a tag team and a singles guy, or three singles guys, and they always had their own programs going on outside the 6-Man belts, so they were always treated as an afterthought.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Lamenting the state of the women’s division? Must be a day ending in Y.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The women's tournament needed to be relegated to the internet because it is secondary to Jade Cargill the new ace of the division.

unironically this

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's not weird to like matches that can go 20 minutes with no commercial breaks. It's not tying in knots either. I don't like this discourse because it so often looks like "Were there 2 women's matches on Dynamite? If no, we riot." I think there's more to it than that.

Idk. It's exhausting hearing how poor AEW's women's division is doing in every social space in active spite of match quality going up, ratings trending up, and an influx of new popular talent. It's like it's finally all coming together and the discourse stayed the exact same.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

It's not weird to like matches that can go 20 minutes with no commercial breaks. It's not tying in knots either. I don't like this discourse because it so often looks like "Were there 2 women's matches on Dynamite? If no, we riot." I think there's more to it than that.

Idk. It's exhausting hearing how poor AEW's women's division is doing in every social space in active spite of match quality going up, ratings trending up, and an influx of new popular talent. It's like it's finally all coming together and the discourse stayed the exact same.

No actually its cool to have the exact same conversation every week.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I mean regardless of match quality which I agree has gone way up it’s always going to come down to tv time. Everyone hypes up all the matches on dark but it still only gets half the eyeballs of the tv show weekly and the tournament matches even less than that.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Make the main event of next week's Dynamite the finals of the women's tournament, imho. They haven't done a women's match as the main event of the show yet (at least that I remember) and this is a perfect time to do it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

tao of lmao posted:

it's late this week, usually it's thursday afternoon but the thread made it to friday morning this time

progress

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is the only women’s match at Revolution so far the title?

AEW normally does more than 1, so I’m curious what else we’ll see. Maybe Rosa / Britt if Rosa doesn’t win it all.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

SonicRulez posted:

The TNT title scene is as full as the tag title scene meaning there's like 15 people who could be champion and I'd be happy with it. I hope they don't fall into WWE's standard of just having 50 belts. They could probably afford a bit of hotshot. Ricky, Sammy, Miro, Archer, both Lucha Bros, PAC, Eddie, and I'm sure I'm missing a few here and there.

One of my Wrestling Hot Takes is that I'd be interested in more belt movement in general, but I think it's definitely true for a secondary title that is currently lacking any strong identity. Cody trying to brand it as the "ace belt" is nonsense. Calling the belt holder "The Face of TNT" is nonsense if the belt holder doesn't get treated any differently once he wins it.

Make whoever holds it defend it regularly on TV. That gives "The Face of TNT" branding a lot more weight, and it lets you bounce the belt around because a two-month title reign isn't so shabby if it includes six successful defenses

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Is the only women’s match at Revolution so far the title?

AEW normally does more than 1, so I’m curious what else we’ll see. Maybe Rosa / Britt if Rosa doesn’t win it all.

Most likely Britt vs. Rosa, she's on the poster for Revolution.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Deeb/Riho for the NWA title is a layup add too if they wanna take it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

yeah. sonic does rule

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I guess I don't care for "It's always going to be TV time" because discourse isn't sat there with a stopwatch for any other division. I have no idea how much the TNT title scene is featured. It just seems like a forever way to demean a division that's working really hard to change its perception. 2019 was not good and 2020 stumbled really hard in a lot of very visible places. 2021 is doing pretty good though.

I will say there should be an NWA Women's Title division booked separately from the AEW Women's World Championship division.

Davros1 posted:

I think for a roster a deep and talented as AEW, the title breakdown (for the men) should be 3 singles titles, and 2 tag titles. I'm hesitant about a Trios title, because in the past, 6-Man belts in America never worked because there was never a dedicated division. It was always either a tag team and a singles guy, or three singles guys, and they always had their own programs going on outside the 6-Man belts, so they were always treated as an afterthought.

They'd need another show. I like the idea of trios titles, but 2 hours is just not enough for all of that.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Not going to happen but i'd love to see AEW signing Mick Foley just to have Tony Schiavone have a interview with him, more so after the "this will put some butts in the seats".

https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1346177231450742785

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
They should make a Simpsons Tapped Out style game where you build your own arena and backstage area. You could have various locker rooms, training centres, bars, etc. Then you have little wrestler sprites running around and you could set them up to fight each other to earn whatever virtual currency they would use to unlock more content or upgrades. Whales could support the game through purchasing exclusive cash only items like the Stadium Stampede arena or a Big Money Matt skin.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

A Fancy Hat posted:

Make the main event of next week's Dynamite the finals of the women's tournament, imho. They haven't done a women's match as the main event of the show yet (at least that I remember) and this is a perfect time to do it.

Lol if you think Shaq's not main eventing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Not going to happen but i'd love to see AEW signing Mick Foley just to have Tony Schiavone have a interview with him, more so after the "this will put some butts in the seats".

https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1346177231450742785

The loudest pop of all time!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJjbnFZ6yA8&t=615s

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Big Money Matt skin

Only available through the most expensive loot box that you have to buy with the most absurd cashshopbucks. To the point that it's clearly a scam, but you're going to buy it anyway.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they've been clear that the main event of next week's show is the Shaq match for like 3 weeks now

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Rarity posted:

Lol if you think Shaq's not main eventing

I think it's plausible that they open with it but it's got to be either tops or tails.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You mean the Jade match

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1365354268509827081?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jordan7hm posted:

You mean the Jade match

* Jade Cargill's debut match.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Jade Cargill and Red Velvet are the first women to headline Dynamite...looks like the division is minting new stars like everyone wanted

Put Britt in a tag team with Cody and you'll really see things take off

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think the Shaq match might be at the top of the second hour.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Alaois posted:

they've been clear that the main event of next week's show is the Shaq match for like 3 weeks now

Seems a little dangerous to have two newbies, a good worker, and Cody go last on a live show with no overrun unless they're leaving themselves a big window at the end.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

maintain that the only way that match is good is if jade never tags shaq and beats cody and red velvet 2 on 1

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

cams posted:

maintain that the only way that match is good is if jade never tags shaq and beats cody and red velvet 2 on 1

Shaq has to do a move to Cody for the highlight reel, but I guess that can be post- or pre-match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lone Goat posted:

Seems a little dangerous to have two newbies, a good worker, and Cody go last on a live show with no overrun unless they're leaving themselves a big window at the end.

This match will definitely have been worked out in advance from start to finish so running over shouldn't be a risk

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I have a feeling with DDP back there the match has been planned to the spot to make Jade look cool and good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shaq wants to call it in the ring according to Dave

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Shaq wants to call it in the ring according to Dave

Shaq has been ducking the coaches all week because he's got some sick spots planned and doesn't want them to tell him no in advance. He just watched some tape from Matt Sydal's brother that has got him thinking.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Shaq is going to go out there and fight for real

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Jade and Velvet will do all the real wrestling, Shaq and Cody will be having a gig-off while they wait to see which of them collapses from blood loss first.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shaq was going to do a top rope moonsault but Kenny told him he doesn't need to do it to get over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

tao of lmao posted: