Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll play, heh heh heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Grandicap

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sub Rosa posted:

A really good Pink Floyd song. I almost picked their song The Show Must Go On as my flavor, but changed my mind.

Inferior to the queen song imo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

"Oh that's it. I need to establish authority. AUTHORITY! Kim, give me your gun."

##dayvidge Yami

Why'd you do this?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Bad vig shots d1 are a town use of the ability.

Not pro-town, but indicative of a town mindset.

Scum would save it for an actual threat or to bump up LYLO a day, or for town cred... Bif did none of those things.

What? Bif isn't exactly a newbie vig, c'mon.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

don't like this argument at all, feels like it's walking back from Grandi is scum to get to an argument

I agree.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

"Keane seems like he knows the score, just like me he's a big fan of sitting around, getting drunk and jerking off instead of helping people. But look at him all 'just asking questions' now. Trying to act like he's on to something. I think this one's the weak link."

I'm roleplaying, smh smh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Steak give us more mafia fun facts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I promise to maintain my rp the entire game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'm not saying remove it altogether. I just think it is relied upon too much and often is treated as axiomatic regarding alignment.

Ah, but is that something you would say during your scum game?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

##vote SiV. The either thing is probably pointless. I was wondering why she said she didn't like that grandi post "either" when I couldn't find an earlier post of his she commented on.

Regardless something about her interactions with Grandi stood out to me so might as well just gut vote it.

Can you elaborate on this? I know it's a gut vote but idgi.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

bif is a good option to kill at night (looking at all of you probable town killing roles out there). but not so much a good option to execute. because casing her ultimately boils down to wifom and mafia meta, instead of analyzing posting and interactions and all that good poo poo

What

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah I am happy with my vote on grand, also,I think

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hmmmmmmm

Could be Sci.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Cop Voodoofly
Mason John Cena
Hold onto vig until it's near the end of the game and use it as a double execution.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

You’re extremely good at this game and If you’re alive at like Day 4 you’re probably gonna win some kinda 360 noscope 3p win

Caught Sandwolf in a lie, over here.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

Is this a for real vote or a joke vote?

Started as a joke, now it's soft real.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Exactly. Firing like this doesn't give a scum vig any of the stuff that they want. Me defending her is an outlier in town reactions, and one she likely wouldn't count on. So it was largely a waste of an ability.

Scum wouldn't do that, unless it was exceptionally funny, or revenge motivated.

Scum Bif with a vig would be way more likely to try and get one of the tangential benefits of vigging someone rather than an early hipshot.

Grands kind of reading into the vig feels weird to me, with some assumptions that feel like they're made in order to get to the conclusion Grand wants.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

The conclusion I want is town Bif? How does that help scum-Grandi?

How does declaring a player as town help scum? Because you get to look correct.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

I think this vote is scummier than the vig kill

Don't like this either. It's presenting a false dichotomy and ignoring option 3 which is Grandi actually believes what he's saying

I don't actually agree with the vote being notably scummy tbh.

I don't think I particularly think bif is super scummy right now (which, I want to be clear, is different than saying she's town(another parenthesis to say "Keane you're refusing to say either way! Yeah well what are you gonna do about it? Nothing, that's what.)) But Grand leaping in with calling Bif town for it feels weird! It's weird to say "Yeah this person that killed town outta nowhere is town for it."

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

"Yeah this person that killed town outta nowhere is town for it." is almost exactly what I am saying. Or rather, because it was out of nowhere, it is town play.

Yes, this is weird!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Specifically here, it's an outcome that negatively effects town, and just because town does it a lot doesn't mean that it's townie to do so. I think it's a neutral tell, it's worth asking about what was up with that, and just jumping to town is wild!

If you think this is a bad case, then I'll have you know that town often makes bad cases, so I'm townie.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

You are correct, it is an outcome that negatively effects town. It was an anti-town use of the power. But that doesn't make the wielder anti-town. Doing something shortsighted without fear of the optics is what makes me think Bif is town for the action.
You can disagree with me all you want, but it is exactly what I feel about the situation.

I also agree that it is worth asking about, Digging into people's reactions is good. Coming to conclusions is good. You coming to a null read based on the actions is a reasonable conclusion. I just happen to disagree with it.

So I don't think this is town thinking here though, and it feels indistinguishable from working backwards in knowing that bif is town and making a path to that conclusion from happenings in the thread.

I think scum might very well want to throw themselves on the side of "this person is town" after a dramatic event, and I think Grand is scum here because of this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hi Bif, I already regret letting you talk me into this.

Do you agree that toal is scum, also in this game?

So, also, reading back this is jumping out at me a bit because I get the impression that bif pushed for yami to join, and then immediately shot him. I'd like to know how that went down. (I thought it'd be funny is a completely acceptable answer here)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Do they? Look at the thread. She's gotten a lot of suspicion from that vig. A good chunk say null tell. I'm the only one saying town read as far as I can tell. My response is an outlier. Her making that shot expecting a defense is unlikely.

Grandicap posted:

The conclusion I want is town Bif? How does that help scum-Grandi?

So this is kinda where I'm coming from with that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think it strains credibility to believe that Grand would not know why scum would be interested in defending town. Particularly in the posts I quoted previously, you can see that Grand feels like he'd be person defending bif, looking right if bif flipped town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

In conclusion, there is only one logical vote.

##vote: John Cena

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

im a good boy.

In light of this powerful counter argument, I will admit I was mistaken and I shall change my vote.

##vote: Grandicap

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think it’s Grandi, he seems more interested than not in figuring out who is scum and I honestly feel like the case on him re: Bif is like “wow he thinks BIF is TOWN? Scum”

I feel like it’s more likely he just picked a side of the binary and committed to it instead of waffling.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of my argument there!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Where's steak he hasn't posted all day. Lurking?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not getting scummy vibes from you rn but what’s would be a fair assessment of your argument!

I think Grandicap is making an alignment based claim that bif is town. Ostensibly, he is using information in the thread to make this call, but I don't think this information follows toward that conclusion. As a result, I think he is using out of thread knowledge to make this alignment call, and I think it's most likely that that out of game knowledge is knowledge of who the scum team is, knowledge he would have if he was scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

OK Keane but couldn’t Grandi have just been deciding to be certain of Bif instead of hemming and hawing like the thread has largely been? I see what you’re saying but even if Grandi was scum doing it I don’t think it’d be in this big bombastic way.

Sure! That's very possible. It's also day one, though, so that's my strongest read atm.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

Sorry, but "If you played the game in a fundamentally different way what would you do?" is a bullshit question. I don't know what I would do if I was a different person.

I'd probably eat fish if I was a different person, I don't like fish so it'd be nice to see what the big deal was, if I was a person that liked fish.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah okay I can see Jose.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

*looks through inventory, opens a book called "The Greatest Lurker: A History of Every Single Toal Post"*

"This seems more than just a little distracted."

##vote Toal

This is compelling. Hmm.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

*looks through inventory, opens a book called "The Greatest Lurker: A History of Every Single Toal Post"*

"This seems more than just a little distracted."

##vote Toal

Yeah poo poo alright I checked I think I'm there.

##vote: Toal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

toalp is basiclly a lurker case right? that they ahven't posted anything this game?

Combination of few posts and contentless, white noise posts. It reads poorly to me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

I investigated bif for sure, and at least I know I am sane.

How do you know you're not naive or random? (Obvs don't answer, but one investigation doesn't give sanity, if you're concerned about that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I feel like Sandwolf was pushing sci and bminus , so I'll be looking there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t like how keane just showed up without any acknowledgement of his absence yesteday. Lurking scum for sure. In fact I’m going to ##vote keane

I don't have any acknowledgement for my absence yesterday because I do not acknowledge that not being present demands an acknowledgement.