Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sure. I’ll send flavour in tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

This Thursday

One Night Only

Soft Cell

“Say hello (wave goodbye) world tour”

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

So much for trying to post as a concert venue marque until the game really started moving.

I'm with whoever said that a day 1 vig is basically null to me.

I'm also slightly busier than I thought I would be today so might not be posting much until later on.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Wait, one more:

Special Three Night Engagement!

Mission of Burma

"That's When I Reach for my Revolver" Reunion Tour!

Special Opener Bif!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I see a ton of new posts and I'm not going to lie, sort of disappointed there wasn't another vig shot.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

spacing in vienna posted:

I'm not sure about this post either but we are still eternal mason bros, Grandi.

So I've spent way too much time on this, but what does "either" mean here?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

yeah but you need to induce posting to generate the content to case to begin with. you cant case with no actions and no posts (but that sounds like an interesting idea for a game of mafia...)

For what it's worth a LONG time ago I ran a game where you had to vote in your first post each day, and you could never NOT have a vote down after you posted.

I always intended to run another one with the same mechanic, just never got around to it. It definitely made for some interesting days.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

I agree it was early and justified but more importantly I hate posting gimmicks even if Disco Elysium was a good game.

##vote Bifauxen

Are you still voting Bif based solely on the PR thing? Do you have any thoughts on the vig mixed with it?

Like I get your view on PRs. I don't agree with it, I've seen it done and have done it regardless of alignment, especially when it was fun or it helped me get into a game, but Bif is basically the one person in this game that you have more to go on with the vig kill so steeling your vote totally in the PR is jumping out to me.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

And I see you unvoted later so yeah.

I still want to know about the vote though.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Bad vote.

##vote Idle Amalgam

Voting Bif for her use of the vig is incorrect, but not something that surprises me. This vote in particular is bad and scum centric. The single word Agreed on a post of someone else. Trying to tie it back to Sci. Taking no responsibility for the easy vote.

You still think this despite the Disco Elysium stuff coming out?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote SiV. The either thing is probably pointless. I was wondering why she said she didn't like that grandi post "either" when I couldn't find an earlier post of his she commented on.

Regardless something about her interactions with Grandi stood out to me so might as well just gut vote it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Is this plurality? I just assumed it was as Cpig's last game was and the one I'm running is plurality but looking at the OP now I don't see anything either way.

Grandicap posted:

Yes, still a bad vote.

Fair enough.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I didn’t like the “I don’t like this” post about Grandi, with the follow up later.

Something just stuck out about it to me.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Jumping from science to grand but falling back on the mason thing at the same time, then the follow up post. I don’t know just felt off. I mean if there are players I just don’t want to vote early on because I want to play with them I just don’t post about those people, especially to half call them scum but pull back at the same time.

For the record I don’t think it’s scummy to just say I don’t want to vote someone today because I want to play with them. I do that almost every game with a couple posters, I just don’t go out of my way to call them slightly scummy when I do it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I’m also just trying to find a way to get into the game because I find the would scum vig and the meta/PR debate boring and somewhat pointless.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I don’t want to vote IA. All that feels sincere and I’d probably agree with him if I hadn’t finally just accepted that it’s a party game and sometimes fun is just as important as logic when it comes to playing. Regardless of alignment but especially for town.

I also have no opinion either way on bif other than I’m enjoying the PR. She is probably as good a vote today as any but I still think there was something wrong with SiVs posts.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sorry I've been at work and wow this game moves fast.

Steak's got it, I meant "this is another post I do not like" because that made sense in my head. Most things do? He's right about wires crossed, I don't always verb correctly.

I said the bit about eternal masonbros was because we are.

Wait, sci is voting bif? He wasn't when that post was made, though. Which was what I meant. Or did I gently caress that up, too?

Maybe i shouldn't try to ninja post on breeeeeaks

Who do you think is scum?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Cop SiV
Mason all of you
Vig all of you too, but not for a couple more days

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

I’m enjoying bif so far

Same

Not going to lie I still want to vote SiV despite all those new posts, if for no other reason IA is my towniest read and she is going after him as well.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Why does that swing you towards me?

I get the eternal mason thing but seriously do you think IA is a better vote than SiV right now?

To me, IA is just completely incredulous that people are allowing someone (Bif) to play in anything but a pro-town way and get away with it. I've been there many times, it feels sincere from him right now, he is probably the last person I would vote.

SiV is hopping back and forth on you and just shouting out posts she likes and posts she doesn't, including calling you scummy in the same time she brings up the mason cred.

Come over here where the water is warmer, because I'm probably swapping to you over Bif at this point once we need to start coming together for the deadline.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I thought Bif and Grandi had significantly more votes than other people. I guess it isn't already coalescing around them.

Grand, you should still vote SiV. You other people too.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##unvote

I've got a sick kid at home. We were up most of the night together and we spent most of the morning waiting to do a covid test.

There are four something pages of new posts I haven't read and honestly I don't know if I'll catch up before the deadline. I'll try to jump back in a couple hours but it will most likely just be to vote to avoid no execution.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Votefinder doesn't appear to be working. Anyone have a quick current votecount so I can throw something down before deadline?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

nevermind deadline extended

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap (4): CCKeane, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, CCKeane, CCKeane, Sub Rosa, Mr. Steak, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, CCKeane
Bifauxnen (3): Scientastic, Sub Rosa, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Sub Rosa, Toalpaz, Idle Amalgam, Jose Valasquez, Idle Amalgam
Toalpaz (2): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, CCKeane
b-minus1 (2): Mr. Steak, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Steak, JOHN CENA, Idle Amalgam, Sandwolf
JOHN CENA (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, b-minus1, CCKeane, CCKeane
Idle Amalgam (1): Grandicap, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Doing this for me mostly:

IA: Don't want to vote, I think his posts are screaming frustrated townie
Grand/Bif: I need to read more than just from yesterday but right now probably Grand over Bif just because I think trying to claim that shot makes Bif town feels like a bit of a stretch and I enjoy Bif's posts (and think they do have content). Honestly neither would be my top choice.
Toalp: this looks like its just a lurker vote, which sure fine, but I was completely wrong on Toalp our last game so I'm a bit hesitant and want to actually read them over. I feel we have different playstyles so I want to adjust my thinking with them.
Bminus: no idea what this case is.
Cena: no idea what this case is.

Nobody wants to vote SiV?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

honestly if anyone wants to give me a one sentence summary of the cases on people I'd love it. doing this on phone as I hold a sleeping kid right now.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'd probably vote Cena over Bminus right now. I'll be up front and just accept that I can't read Cena for poo poo, especially early on, so I'm totally null on him. Bminus looks like he has a case he believes in on Cena. I'm not sure what it is on Jose but again this doesn't feel out of the ordinary from my experience with him.

Probably vote Grand over both at the moment but I still haven't reread grand or bif or toalp yet.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

toalp is basiclly a lurker case right? that they ahven't posted anything this game?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote Grand

I’m fine voting toalp and have no qualms voting lurkers but I think the hardline that bif has to be town is strange.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Last chance but anyone want to vote SiV? I still think her posts on grand were scummy.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Thank you to whoever did something.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

voodoo, anything to say?

I’m still trying to catch up on d1. I still have a sick kid at home so my time is pretty restricted right now so just catching up in bits.

As for those other posts you mentioned i was trying to look at people with votes before the deadline. As for you and bminus I was basically null on you but I felt bminus was slightly townie based on his case on you. Hence voting you before him. I can also say now that Wifoa is over that bminus was dead to rights on scum day 1 of that game and it felt like similar posting here which is why I didn’t want to vote him

SiV was mostly gut. I posted at some point I thought her back and forth on grand felt strange with the express shoutout to the eternal mason thing. It honestly reminded me of what grand did in Bernies to SiV, trying to buddy up to someone as scum.

But yes I was busy at work Monday, up all night with a sick kid Monday night and spent most of Tuesday at a doctor office or trying to squeeze in work or helping him get to sleep on me, trying to check in on my phone when I could.

It sucks, I don’t like missing that much of a game, and I’m trying to go over the hundreds of posts I was skimming before to come in fresh.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

the point being them doing the same bit a game later i can see siv's perspective in trusting grandi less the second time around after he had been scum when doing said bit

Cena they were also masons in WIFOA, to the point where grand was expressly saying he wouldn’t vote SiV even if she was scum because of their mason link and enjoying it too much. They were both town but unconfirmed.

Not speaking for anyone else but I thought SiV might be trying to lean on that games mason love already as a way to win some favour with grand.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

ah i wasnt in that one

Yeah I know. Just wanted to make it clear that game has a way bigger view to the mason argument I was making.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

... Why are we not voting Cena?

SiV where the hell did this come from. Reading your posts again and this just jumped out.

I was also going to quote your “I don’t like IA looks like he is changing mind as he types it” so might as well ask as well: how is it scummy to change your mind? Even in the course of one post? I do it all the drat time where I start making a post where i think I’m going to vote someone and during that time do a 180.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

who's a good boy?

SiV I still want to know where you’re Cena vote came from. That felt like it was out of nowhere rereading you right now.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Cena what are your thoughts on Jose. I just reread him (and realized you are masons) so wanted your take.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

hes very quiet. im alive though so so thats sort of a meta clear to me

Fair enough. I came off him as a super townie vibe so was trying to get a read on you based on your response. I don’t think that idea was very sound but for what it’s worth I like your take.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

kind of interesting nobody asked me if i have anything to report

Do you usually do what people ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

im not saying im disclosing a report, just that nobody has asked if i have one or not.

Oh you claimed to be a tracker.

I guess I don’t really care. I assume if you had anything worthwhile you would act on it. Hell you fakeclaimed tracking and watching twice in Bernie’s so I’m pretty sure you will do what you think is best here.