Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

it was def better than ngannou x lewis and izzy x romero but that's not saying much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

it was def better than ngannou x lewis and izzy x romero but that's not saying much

Was a hundred times better than lewis ngannou, the most disappointing ufc fight ever

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

CommonShore posted:

Gane's game plan seemed to be strike from outside + mix in takedowns, then wait for Bigi Boy to get tired and/or give him the rush. Bigi Boy's game plan seemed to be be patient, counter, and wait for Gane to give up on the poke poke out striking and then have a brawl.

So both of their game plans depended largely on the opponent making a major tactical error to be able to have anything happen in the fight at all.

Yeah but if Gane's plan A is comfortably winning the rounds it's on Rozenstruck to make a move.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Have either of those guys been in a 5 round fight before? I feel like everyone paces themselves differently for those, and for heavyweights who aren't particularly energetic in the first place, they'll just kind of let time go by without making a ton happen

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Stealth Tiger posted:

Have either of those guys been in a 5 round fight before? I feel like everyone paces themselves differently for those, and for heavyweights who aren't particularly energetic in the first place, they'll just kind of let time go by without making a ton happen

Rozenstruik knocked out Reem with like 5 seconds left in round 5

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Gane's maturity, discipline and calmness is most impressive for how green he is. Definitely a solid prospect, shouldn't be rushed to a title shot though.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

diesiel posted:

Gane's maturity, discipline and calmness is most impressive for how green he is. Definitely a solid prospect, shouldn't be rushed to a title shot though.

the problem there is Rozenstruik was ranked #4 and #3 just got knocked the gently caress out by #2, so your current top-ranked heavyweight contenders are either Derrick Lewis or Ciryl Gane

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

CarlCX posted:

the problem there is Rozenstruik was ranked #4 and #3 just got knocked the gently caress out by #2, so your current top-ranked heavyweight contenders are either Derrick Lewis or Ciryl Gane

if bones gets the next title shot as rumored gane can fight volkov in the meantime, or lewis i guess, but i don't want to do that to derrick

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Derrick Lewis somehow being the guy who sends Jon Jones to the shadow realm would be incredible. Just for the inevitable cut to a purple-faced Dana White.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

Derrick Lewis somehow being the guy who sends Jon Jones to the shadow realm would be incredible

oh jeez lol