Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Bronze Fonz posted:

When I was really young, me and my brother were playing tag outside and I somehow ran into the side mirror of my dad's car. Part of my head decided to open up a bit, mirror was dead at this point.
My dad took me to the doctor who stitched my bloody head because he wasn't the bad kind of dad that just throws their toddler at a running fan or light fixture or whatever stupid poo poo like that just to get a laugh on the internet.

Still have that little spot where hair doesn't grow.

Also got out of the womb with the umbelical cord around my neck, that loss of air is the most likely explanation for everything that followed.

Dude you can remove the umbilical cord now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

Just imagine being LAP and needing to tiltawirl slam and then stone cold stunner your own toddler repeatedly in a falls count anywhere match just to prove you're the man of the house.

Unbelievable really

We only use The Diamond Cutter in this house. Like real christians.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm told that this footage is a 100% accurate recreation of the events except replacing the beer with a sippy cup and The Rock with a defenseless child.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Big Beef City posted:

I'm told that this footage is a 100% accurate recreation of the events except replacing the beer with a sippy cup and The Rock with a defenseless child.

Nah, wrong footage, its this

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1349549523924885505?s=20

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Aardvark! posted:

i never had any sort of head injury. That's right. My brain just came this way
[flashback of aardvark giggling while sitting under the edge of a conveyor belt dropping bricks on his head]

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP took a hammer to my head and showed not nearly the same level of concern I hate OP cut off

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Aardvark! posted:

i never had any sort of head injury. That's right. My brain just came this way

:( :respek: :(

I mean, when it's 3am, kid's crying because they're hungry but at the same time won't eat...

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 28, 2021

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
My toddler never stops playing floor is lava and the only injuries have been on me eating poo poo on the random obstacles she leaves all over, while she will launch face first into the corner of a table or cabinet and be fine.

LAP I think your kids face might need to be harder I guess is my conclusion.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Derpies posted:

My toddler never stops playing floor is lava and the only injuries have been on me eating poo poo on the random obstacles she leaves all over, while she will launch face first into the corner of a table or cabinet and be fine.

LAP I think your kids face might need to be harder I guess is my conclusion.

There might be a curse where the less LAP threads there are, the weaker his kids become?
Like if you post less than 30 threads per month the kid explodes or similar.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Bronze Fonz posted:

There might be a curse where the less LAP threads there are, the weaker his kids become?
Like if you post less than 30 threads per month the kid explodes or similar.

This would explain why my child is robust, fearless, and has an adamantium skull as well. LAP I encourage you to explore the Fonzian Principle here and try and poo poo post more, for the sake of the children.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Derpies posted:

This would explain why my child is robust, fearless, and has an adamantium skull as well. LAP I encourage you to explore the Fonzian Principle here and try and poo poo post more, for the sake of the children.

Everyone is so concerned with my posting lately. I mean, yes, I am the once and forever best but come on guys I've been gone for like a month.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Literally A Person posted:

Everyone is so concerned with my posting lately. I mean, yes, I am the once and forever best but come on guys I've been gone for like a month.

You're about a year away from your mini person being a little more independent and you can get back to poo poo posting on a regular schedule.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Lol, head injuries.

Here's my concussion story. Back in highschool during PE we were playing soccer. The PE teacher decided to join in with us. I was taller than him but he was not a small guy, he played full-back for the only Gaelic football team to ever bring the all-Ireland Cup to our county. Dude was easily 18 stone and very little of it fat. I was waiting for the ball to be passed and had just turned my head to the side when he tripped forward.

BANG!!!

He rammed his eyebrow ridge straight into my temple. I went to the ground like a tree being felled. If I had been more conscious I might have thrown out an arm and cracked an elbow - we were playing on tarmac. Classmates, teacher and I all joked about his black eye later, my hair covered my bruises.

Yeah, that's right. I'm the kid who blackened a teacher's eye with a headbutt and got away with it. :hehe:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
hol poo poo nice

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Aegis Bear posted:

Idk what it is but kids are always getting their heads hurt. Specifically their heads. Their skulls seem drawn to corners, walls, falls and all sorts of other hazards. Thankfully, kids are also made of rubber.

My theory based on personal experience is that kids haven't yet developed the instinct to put their arms up or flinch away.

As a child I:
Ran face first into a wall corner, splitting open the skin on my jaw
Tripped on gravel, smashing jaw first into dirt, biting half my lip off. Just like... dangling
Tripped on a playground riser, smashing jaw first into cement, biting the newly stitched half of my lip off
Hurled myself down a 3 meter spiral staircase. I'm assuming head trauma was involved because everyone except me remembers this.

On the plus side, the scars aren't horribly disfiguring and my jaw is apparently indestructible.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Idle Amalgam posted:

Y'all scaring the gently caress out of me with your childhood injuries.

How some of you are still alive is a testament to human tenacity.

In my case at least a lot of it is the dumb luck of genetics. Susceptibility/resistance to concussions is largely driven by genetics, and I lucked out on it. Same thing with rapid healing, and a weird resistance to sunburn - it's just good luck on my stats rolls, basically. Of course I also got sleep apnea and addictive tendencies out of the genetic lottery, so it's not like it was all good, more like some kind of dumb min/max situation.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Fruits of the sea posted:

My theory based on personal experience is that kids haven't yet developed the instinct to put their arms up or flinch away.

As a child I:
Ran face first into a wall corner, splitting open the skin on my jaw
Tripped on gravel, smashing jaw first into dirt, biting half my lip off. Just like... dangling
Tripped on a playground riser, smashing jaw first into cement, biting the newly stitched half of my lip off
Hurled myself down a 3 meter spiral staircase. I'm assuming head trauma was involved because everyone except me remembers this.

On the plus side, the scars aren't horribly disfiguring and my jaw is apparently indestructible.

ahahahah goddamn dude.

After some internet detectiving, I found your profile pic

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i have hEDS so of course i get injured far more easily
in fact one morning i woke up with a dislocated leg because i slept weird

also my right arm subluxates incredibly easily (it is not painful)

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Every time I have a grand Mal seizure I happen to be standing on concrete. Scares the hell out of everyone every time, blood pouring out of a head wound and my mouth from biting off parts of my tongue, it's pretty funny while I'm still interdictal, before I can feel pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I was encouraged to seesaw with a kid who outweighed me by at least 10 pounds, and though I was apprehensive, I did it anyway & fell backward off the seesaw directly into my head.

I also once jumped headfirst onto a bag of potato chips, but I don't remember that one. :downs:

edit:

deadeyez posted:

Every time I have a grand Mal seizure I happen to be standing on concrete.

My first two seizures were grand mal, but thank goodness the rest of them have been the kind where I just go blank & find that I've taken all my socks out of my drawer when I regain consciousness. I mean, ideally I wouldn't have any, but if I have to have them, I'm glad it's these.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 1, 2021