Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Boob light fixtures are freaking vicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

a mysterious cloak posted:

That would be pretty damned impressive

My bowling ball-head kid broke his left arm with a clever combination of the ground and his forehead :stonklol:

Uhhh, what. That sounds painful in a lot of ways

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

a mysterious cloak posted:

Fell off a playset in the backyard, landed flat prone, but his melon head slammed down on his forearm and broke it. Open fracture, surgery, pin, the whole whole deal.

:magical:. I think both my head an arm just twitched at the thought of that

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

feelix posted:

hot parenthood take from a manchild who doesn't have kids and never will: don't freak out when your kid falls, they're probably fine, and if you show that you're freaking out they're gonna freak out. So I guess do freak out just don't show it

Yea, this is true to an extent. However, kids bodies also have an incredible ability to adapt-adapt to broken bones, lack of oxygen, etc and they won't show it's as bad as it is cuz their body just goes with it. So, sometimes you gotta freak out a bit cuz they don't know that this is (or could be) serious.

Also, hard to follow when your kid starts going into shock.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'll have you know that I continued to suffer traumatic head injuries well into my 30s.

I've been trying to cut down.

I've had more concussions as an adult then as a child.

Although my childhood concussion was by far the worst