Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Volume 0 getting a movie before a probable season 2 makes sense because it introduces a lot of poo poo that is very relevant to parts of the Shibuya Arc and the aftermath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Volume 0 getting a movie before a probable season 2 makes sense because it introduces a lot of poo poo that is very relevant to parts of the Shibuya Arc and the aftermath.

Also Demon Slayer did utterly amazing with it's plot relevant movie.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It could be the Star Plasma Vessel too, which I'd only suggest as a possibility because the transition to that flashback was insanely jarring and confusing until I figured out what the gently caress was going on 2-3 chapters into it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Yeah sorry I'm totally not having a kid with my strangely resurrected dead wife who now has some sketchy af stitches in her head. Yuji's dad has some really poo poo priorities.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I hope Maki and Nobara pull through after the Shibua arc. Especially Nobara, I binged through the series and she's quickly becoming one of my favorite Shounen female protags, every fight she's in is awesome.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

everything about the way they've framed those two's situation so far screams "they'll be fine" to me but who knows

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah sorry I'm totally not having a kid with my strangely resurrected dead wife who now has some sketchy af stitches in her head. Yuji's dad has some really poo poo priorities.

I don't think it's his resurrected dead wife. I think his old wife just died and he got a new one his Dad did not like.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

I read it more as because Yuji's Dad's previous wife died before he could have children, he then got with creepy stitches woman and had a baby with her. More of a rebound than necrophilia. Maybe I read it wrong?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CodfishCartographer posted:

I read it more as because Yuji's Dad's previous wife died before he could have children, he then got with creepy stitches woman and had a baby with her. More of a rebound than necrophilia. Maybe I read it wrong?

No I agree with you.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SgtSteel91 posted:

I hope Maki and Nobara pull through after the Shibua arc. Especially Nobara, I binged through the series and she's quickly becoming one of my favorite Shounen female protags, every fight she's in is awesome.
Nobara is probably alive given that we haven't heard word one about her. As for Maki, the one dickhead Zenin guy described her as [being in the process of] dying. Given that her dad was in a similar state and succumbed to his injuries doesn't make me that hopeful for her- she'll either pull through, or this will be character development for Mai who'll probably get a scene with her dying sister.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Nobara is probably alive given that we haven't heard word one about her. As for Maki, the one dickhead Zenin guy described her as [being in the process of] dying. Given that her dad was in a similar state and succumbed to his injuries doesn't make me that hopeful for her- she'll either pull through, or this will be character development for Mai who'll probably get a scene with her dying sister.

That's one possibility, but I'm thinking/hoping that Maki's deal with being born with little Cursed Energy for a stronger body means she'll pull through. Now that Yuta's back I'd like to see a reunion of the Ch 0 students.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Naobito is her uncle. As he is the Dickhead Naoya's dad. His little brother who also showed up at the meeting is Maki and Mai's dad. Even if Maki lives, I don't expect her to be a great state given how Namami looked after he got roasted by Jogo.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

MonsterEnvy posted:

No I agree with you.

I was slow and didn't see your reply, I was responding to the same poster you were :v:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CodfishCartographer posted:

I was slow and didn't see your reply, I was responding to the same poster you were :v:

I know it was about your maybe I read it wrong part. So I was saying No I agree you are not wrong.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Okay. I can def see how it would be read that way, and that's probably a better reading?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SgtSteel91 posted:

That's one possibility, but I'm thinking/hoping that Maki's deal with being born with little Cursed Energy for a stronger body means she'll pull through. Now that Yuta's back I'd like to see a reunion of the Ch 0 students.
I'm actually not sure why we're all still talking in spoilers now that I think about it since this is like...at least a few chapters ago but we don't really know much about people with Heavenly Restriction other than Toji apparently being a complete freak even for somebody with a Heavenly Restriction because he had *zero* cursed energy rather than simply very little+no inherit technique like Maki. If the nature of that can change we'll see it I imagine.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Since binging the manga, I also haven’t seen that Binding Vow Sukuna made with Yuji to revive him the first time ever be used (the one where Sukuna can take control for one minute after saying enchain and also maybe not hurting or killing anyone during that minute?)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SgtSteel91 posted:

Since binging the manga, I also haven’t seen that Binding Vow Sukuna made with Yuji to revive him the first time ever be used (the one where Sukuna can take control for one minute after saying enchain and also maybe not hurting or killing anyone during that minute?)

Yeah Sukuna has not used it yet. Presumably he has a big plan, and is very confident in it, enough that he did not take Mahito, and Jogo's opportunity's to allow him to force Yuji into giving him the body.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Spoiler for the next chapter.

We see Maki, she has apparently recovered enough to walk around due to her strong body and constitution, and a lot of reverse curse technique applications. However even RCT won't heal everything so she has a new look and may have lost her right eye.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Not sure how I feel about this manga killing / maiming most of the female cast???????

Nobara better loving live.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Not sure how I feel about this manga killing / maiming most of the female cast???????

Nobara better loving live.

I don't want Nobara, Maki, or Mai to die, but I don't see anything wrong with giving them some scars. Their character designs will be extra-distinctive now. :v:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Silver2195 posted:

I don't want Nobara, Maki, or Mai to die, but I don't see anything wrong with giving them some scars. Their character designs will be extra-distinctive now. :v:

Scars and stuff are cool, but i think its funny that Megumi and Itadori are looking pristine after this last arc. I think JJK has some of the coolest female characters in a while so for the them to be so thoroughly thrashed this last arc is like ehh. Shounen mangas always have a hard time dealing with the female cast and im not against the characters going through hard ship. When you look at it Itadori is the protagonist with the super power, Megumi supposedly has some great destiny, but where does that leave Nobara, Maki, and co? I want them to kick rear end. Nobara especially has a really cool ability for a shounen series and i really like her atypical personality.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Itadori has two facial scars now?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

Itadori has two facial scars now?

🤔🤔🤔🤔 You're right! What about Megumi hes looking way too pretty!! And im sure Gojo is gonna pop out of that prison looking like he's in a shoujo.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
while it'd be weird if gege only scarred the female members, isn't it a part of the whole ongoing theme about how ultra-conservative, out of touch, and misogynistic the big 4 jujutsu families are with respect to women. There's that double standard in the jujutsu community about how female jujutsu sorcerers have to be both talented and idealistically beautiful, with special attention paid to facial aesthetics, in order to be respected

The scarring stuff seems to be inline with the whole old establishment vs youth thing. Badass anime ladies with scars are gonna kick some rear end and people like Naoya will probably be made to eat their words

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

yum posted:

The scarring stuff seems to be inline with the whole old establishment vs youth thing. Badass anime ladies with scars are gonna kick some rear end and people like Naoya will probably be made to eat their words

I like this angle.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
What'd be funny is that if the spoilers indicate that Maki's right eye is gone, that makes her a pair with Nobara who lost her left eye. Cyclops twins.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/hBLFp0x

144 speedscan

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
badass anime girl: *gets an eyepatch*
small-brained philistines: this is the worst. i hate this.
me: this is the best. i love this.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I hope that look from Megumi means Nobara is still recovering and not dead :mad:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lmao he's a thumb

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I will riot and drop this manga if Nobara dies.

Provided
without context

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1375493721580564480

edit: short PV

https://twitter.com/IDuckyx/status/1375494708596723717

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 26, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Weird how Kechizu is the only one of the Death Paintings to break the theme naming of ending in So.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

episode 0 being made into a movie makes sense

wonder if they'll do the same thing for the gojo flashback. it'd prob be better if they did since it feels awkwardly wedged into the story as is

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Is volume 0 a separate entry on the Viz shounen jump app or have they not done an official release here? Is there a good link to it since I haven't read it...

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Is volume 0 a separate entry on the Viz shounen jump app or have they not done an official release here? Is there a good link to it since I haven't read it...

It’s on the app as chapters 0.1 through 0.4 of Jujutsu Kaisen.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

badass anime girl: *gets an eyepatch*
small-brained philistines: this is the worst. i hate this.
me: this is the best. i love this.

I thought that Himeno and Quanxi had already sufficiently established that eyepatches on women ruled in Shonen Jump monster hunting manga.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Holy poo poo Maki looks badass now. She already did before but now she's on a whole different level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

tweet my meat posted:

Holy poo poo Maki looks badass now. She already did before but now she's on a whole different level.

And she can't really be blamed for anything given that the one who gave her the scars was probably the 2nd or 3rd most powerful Curse Spirit we have seen, and everyone else who got burned by him died.