Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Okkotsu probably would prefer to be the one fighting a possible Sukuna transformation than letting Rika do it and possibly get exorcised.

Funny enough this ties directly into the factoid from the recent analysis book where Gege flat out says Sukuna is stronger than Rika. If Rika had went for the kill, Sukuna probably would've come out and that might not end well for her- I dunno how specific Sukuna's binding vow with Itadori to not kill anyone if he takes the driver's seat himself is.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Yuji's parents had to be significant, but I didn't think the apparent series villain would turn out to be Yuji's mom, in the body-hopping sense. I don't remember any hints to that in Kamo-Geto's previous appearances. So he really is Choso's brother.

Curious how this culling game will play out...

Glad to see Megumi, but where's Nobara, Gege? Where's Nobara?

Nobara is nursing a bit of a headwound atm

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Volume 0 getting a movie before a probable season 2 makes sense because it introduces a lot of poo poo that is very relevant to parts of the Shibuya Arc and the aftermath.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It could be the Star Plasma Vessel too, which I'd only suggest as a possibility because the transition to that flashback was insanely jarring and confusing until I figured out what the gently caress was going on 2-3 chapters into it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SgtSteel91 posted:

I hope Maki and Nobara pull through after the Shibua arc. Especially Nobara, I binged through the series and she's quickly becoming one of my favorite Shounen female protags, every fight she's in is awesome.
Nobara is probably alive given that we haven't heard word one about her. As for Maki, the one dickhead Zenin guy described her as [being in the process of] dying. Given that her dad was in a similar state and succumbed to his injuries doesn't make me that hopeful for her- she'll either pull through, or this will be character development for Mai who'll probably get a scene with her dying sister.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SgtSteel91 posted:

That's one possibility, but I'm thinking/hoping that Maki's deal with being born with little Cursed Energy for a stronger body means she'll pull through. Now that Yuta's back I'd like to see a reunion of the Ch 0 students.
I'm actually not sure why we're all still talking in spoilers now that I think about it since this is like...at least a few chapters ago but we don't really know much about people with Heavenly Restriction other than Toji apparently being a complete freak even for somebody with a Heavenly Restriction because he had *zero* cursed energy rather than simply very little+no inherit technique like Maki. If the nature of that can change we'll see it I imagine.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Itadori has two facial scars now?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
What'd be funny is that if the spoilers indicate that Maki's right eye is gone, that makes her a pair with Nobara who lost her left eye. Cyclops twins.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jogou I want to say was confirmed as the strongest of the disaster curses and they're a cut above every actual cursed spirit or fleshed curse shown in the series so far that isn't Sukuna. I know Okkutsu gets played up a lot but I'm not actually sure he could've taken Jogou or Mahito due to general incompatibility in techniques (Jougou being able to just poo poo out massively powerful heat AOEs that even the Zenin frameskip poo poo can't effectively dodge, and Mahito being effectively invulnerable to anyone whose technique can't damage his soul). Jougou kinda hilariously gets humiliated in every straight up fight he has outside of him stopping by to hurt all our favorite charcters, because he ends up fighting the two characters shown so far who're capable of just overhand dunking on him- Gojo and Sukuna.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mahito being the biggest 1v1 problem for 95% of the cast just because of his technique despite being the initially weakest disaster curse is cool, because technique remaining a real part of the power dynamic in shonen is cool. Of course there are still characters who just are overwhelmingly powerful like Gojo but they're the power ceiling.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Grouchio posted:

Does the author not give a poo poo about Nobara? It's been at least 15 chapters since she got her face melted and almost died.
She did actually die- it's just that we don't know if it stuck because that one upper-classman whose technique I guess puts stuff in stasis (including wounds) froze her body shortly after it happened.

She's almost certainly coming back, even with the whole thing where Megumi shares a look with Yuji that seems to imply her death. We're plunging ahead into a new arc so I kinda doubt we're gonna resolve that arc and be like "Okay yeah now that we got time to be sad about it, Nobara is legit dead"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Nobara's technique also seems like something that could be incredibly useful given the stuff that Tengen explains in the coming chapter.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheHan posted:

gently caress, knew Choso wasn’t getting outta here one way or another
Yeah, this is absolutely a setup for Choso to get killed or something. The type of people coming for Tengen are going to be beyond special grade sorcerers/curse-users who're only at the 1-3 Sukuna Finger level, and Okkotsu would probably be able to stop most of the antagonists here so naturally he's going to help with the culling game.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Arzaac posted:

Huh actually now that I think about it, real bold of him to poo poo-talk Heavenly Restrictions when he knows someone like Toji exists.
Toji was a freak among freaks in that his heavenly restriction was perfect. Zero cursed energy rather than highly suppressed cursed energy, and apparently being at 0 as opposed to minuscule comes with a disproportionate powerup in addition to the fringe benefits of being nearly undetectable to sorcerers who rely on sensing energy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Arzaac posted:

Toji's a freak among freaks and yet, here we are, Maki rapidly approaching his level.

For something like this to happen twice over the matter of a couple of decades suggests to me that Heavenly Restriction is much more powerful than sorcerers give it credit for, and they're just elitist pricks. Especially the Zenin clan.
To be fair, even with a perfect heavenly restriction- you need some sort of cursed tool to fight sorcerers past a certain level, and since cursed energy is required to exorcise curses you need one to fight curses at all. Toji couldn't have nearly killed Gojo without a ridiculously powerful tool like the Inverted Spear of Heaven.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Electric Phantasm posted:

To be fair to the people after Toji wasn't his encounter with Gojo that caused Gojo to perfect his technique that makes Gojo so broken?
Yeah, when Toji "killed" him, Gojo figured out reverse cursed technique. This let him infinitely cycle his technique while keeping his brain fresh, so Toji's trick of tiring Gojo out before he finally struck wouldn't work anymore.

Getwo defeated Gojo with the Prison Realm by forcing him into a situation where he had to deactivate his technique momentarily to avoid killing tons of civilians.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The way I interpreted what happened was: Mai took her cursed energy and all of Maki's and made her that sword from nothing. Then with her death, that basically made Maki into Toji.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well, Gege has entered the Horikoshi/Tataba/Kubo/etc club of dying for Jump unless a couple of those pages were entirely stylistic for a particular reason

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Serge Painsbourg posted:

I think it's just supposed to show the visual effect of being caught by that guy's eye technique.
Ehhhhh, I dunno on that. It's pretty clearly Gege's contribution to the pages that's rough. Mangaka assistants usually handle backgrounds and those're done for the most part.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I got a feeling the end of this series is going to be one of the proposed "solutions" to the problem of cursed energy. Everyone becomes sorcerers, or everyone gets an equivalent to a heavenly restriction- and that's that for the problem of needing Jujutsu sorcerers.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Everyone being able to bench-press a small car (and we're not sure if the "remove the ability to generate cursed energy" solution gives a gift like normal heavenly restriction) is probably less dangerous compared to special grade sorcerers who can instagib everyone within hundreds and hundreds of meters of them.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can't wait rewatch it on youtube interpolated to 60fps destroying the effect.
Watching season two on my TV with soap opera mode on and he teleports out of my tv and hits me

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The industry has not really improved if someone's general health can decline to the point they have to take a month off to not die.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Nah, it really wouldn't be that difficult to publish like 25-50% more series and just give the mangaka a regular week-off. Oda gets it, everyone else should too. Figure it the gently caress out and gently caress anyone dumb enough to not understand a preprinted schedule. If it makes volumes take a couple extra months to come out, tough poo poo.

I want manga less frequently made by mangaka/assistants who get paid more and get time off and I'm not kidding.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think in a recent interview Gege said the series had maybe 2 years left or so by their estimates.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Whenever Gege gets tired of drawing it they'll have Sukuna take over and heal Yuji's scars

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Japan only instituted jury trials in the last decade I think. Confessions are the gold standard and are accepted even if what is being confessed to is impossible.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If we're talking Japanese law, Yuji's confession is immutable evidence. Which is fitting- Yuji confessing to a crime he's innocent of is pretty resonant here.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gojo probably never needed to do so since The Infinite+Six Eyes is busted as poo poo anyway.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Sukuna is at like 14-16 fingers out of 20 so he's not at full power but I can't imagine Sukuna not just dunking this guy effortlessly.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gege apparently gave the whole game away on what Sukuna's deal is with Megumi in some early draft for an info book and it got reacted in editing later, or something to that effect.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
We kinda saw that to be honest and it was pretty strong.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It was kinda hard to follow for a chapter in this series which usually has really readable action.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It being mandatory to be insane to some degree to be a sorcerer in JJK basically would allow Denji and Power to fit in perfectly.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I feel that unless Angel is just completely irrational there's a perfectly salient talking point you could use to make her still help while revealing Yuji is Sukuna's vessel- in that if you really, really want Sukuna dead it requires Yuji ingesting all of his fingers which he has not done yet. You kill Yuji now and Sukuna still isn't gone. Yuji was down with dying after getting all of them anyway so just propose an alliance for now on the condition that Yuji do the thing he always said he was going to do from the start of the series which is consume all of Sukuna and then die to get rid of him for good.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This is very very dumb but very funny

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's dumb in a bad way IMO but "what the hell does the rest of the world think of this?" is a pretty good question to ask writing wise

I mean there's literally loving magic domes over most of Japan

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Nobara's resonance technique is one of those things seems like it'd be a major trump card for loving up all of these weird interlocked techniques being used so that's why I'm guessing she isn't going to be dead in addition to simply not stating outright what's up with her.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Imagine if they just came out like what, 2+ years after the fact and just said "yeah she's for reals dead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Nobara's technique seems like it'd be really useful for loving with Geto's big complicated web of interlocked techniques so that's my guess as to what they'll do with her whenever or however she returns.

Worst case scenario is that she's actually dead/going to be dead but they have some weird way of preserving her technique to use it