Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

yum posted:

The translated fanbook

https://imgur.com/a/HGmL2zu
or
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S5wqHy3CiTkprxsNk5jiNgUXm8wadvg3-lq1jFM88Nw/edit

It's pretty lengthy but there's some cool tidbits and trivia

Huge bombshell dropped in this data book

Mahito doesn’t have a dick. Sadly it’s not revealed if he poops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like Naoya’s technique really is the same as his dad’s? That’s kinda disappointing. I know it makes sense since cursed techniques are hereditary but still.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Spoilers are next chapter are out and it answers some big questions. There are picture so these are all confirmed.

- Yuji's mom was the previous Getwo brain host
- Yuuta doesn't actually want Yuji dead(because he's on Gojo's side). He killed and immediately revived Yuji to get out of the binding vow he was under.
- Naoya is poisoned from Choso's blood. Yuuta offers to heal him in exchange for reporting that Yuji is dead.
- Fushigoro appears and asks for help with his sister. She's in a "game of death" that Getwo organized. Tournament arc inc?

Presumably this means Yuji isn't a normal human, and might actually have his own technique he hasn't discovered yet. Also Choso's fake memories were probably just a representation of him being able to sense that Yuji was related to him.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 17, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

I'm forgetting a lot I think, particularly names for some reason, who is getou(?) Supposed to be again and why could they be Yujis mum

They’re an ancient sorcerer who has been jumping bodies(through some brain transplant technique) to stay immortal, Geto is just their most recent host. They were once known as Noritoshi Kamo(who made Choso and his bros, and is part of the clan with the blood manipulation power) but that was probably not their original body.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lily Catts posted:

yeah well wouldn't anyone find a person with forehead stitches super sus? that flashback was super creepy

It's unclear if regular people can even see the stitches since it's a side effect of the technique.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah that's just pure cursed energy level I think. Mahito is much more dangerous than that suggests for example.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

The way Tengen explained it, Kenjaku only has the power to force everyone into the culling game precisely because he's doing it in a convoluted way. It's a Nen-style power-from-restrictions thing.

Yeah this arc is very HunterXHunter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hang on

You can't just go on break after ending a chapter like that :negative:

This is also the second time Gakuganji got in a fight, but we don't get to see him fight. Makes wonder if it's on purpose or they're still trying to figure out how to write/draw his power.

We saw him fight in the Kyoto goodwill event arc. He can send out energy blasts from his guitar or something, though that probably isn’t the extent of his powers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I didn't realize Maki and Mai were supposed to be twins. It's more obvious with short hair Maki.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fabricated posted:

I got a feeling the end of this series is going to be one of the proposed "solutions" to the problem of cursed energy. Everyone becomes sorcerers, or everyone gets an equivalent to a heavenly restriction- and that's that for the problem of needing Jujutsu sorcerers.

A world full of Tojis/Makis sounds as terrifying as a world of curses.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CharlestonJew posted:

Is Kirara’s cursed technique giving you a magic tramp stamp?

Seems like she can mark people and then magnetize them but I bet there’s more to it than that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I thought it was just a bad translation but the official release calls Kirara a guy too. So they’re trans or a crossdresser I guess? I hope Gege handles this topic well and Kirara isn’t the butt of gay jokes like so much manga/anime do with their LBGT characters.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 10, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well these were all normal modern people until a short while ago.

The flying duo seem too proficient to have just been normal people before this(though I think a few weeks have passed since the game started so maybe a lot happened), and since their techniques are modern they probably aren’t ancient sorcerers either. I guess they’re modern sorcerers that willingly entered the Culling game for some reason?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Seems too obvious for one of them to be lying and the other telling the truth so I’m guessing either both are lying or somehow both telling the truth.
And I guess this new guy’s power has something to do with receipts?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's a twist that one of them was actually taken to the right place.

Amai is still hiding something from Yuji though. Wonder if this might be a trap to get Higuruma tired out from fighting Yuji so Amai's friends can take him out

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I Am Fowl posted:

Yes, it was confirmed that he was the big bad's son when Yuji's buds got warped out of the zone. As far as we know, the paintings were a...limited series, I guess, though he is a sibling. Whether or not he did anything special to Yuji, we don't know, we can only guess.

I assume Yuji must be genetically modified at least considering he was ridiculously strong even before eating Sukuna

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guessing Higuruma will actually defend Yuji here and say that Sukuna was the killer, not him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I wonder if Higuruma is going to start defending Yuji from his own domain, cause the dude is legit shook by what Yuji said and he's not easily shook. It would be pretty fun, a defense attorney who's given up on the judicial system defending his own opponent from his own power.

Yeah I think this will happen too. He’ll be in the same situation as before, defending an innocent person against an unjust sentence. Going against your own technique probably has severe consequences.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait when has Itadori killed anyone? Is he counting the humans transformed by Mahito?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There's no way such a likable character as Higuruma is surviving this arc

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Just realized that Judgeman might be good for information gathering if it lines up right, cause there's no way Higuruma should have knowledge of Sukuna, right? Or hell Yuji entering the pachinko parlor.

We don't know if it can backfire if the opponent is innocent though. If he can really use it with no consequences then yeah it's pretty good

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope all the receipts aren’t actually part of his power, that’s just how he dresses.
And I guess Kenjaku is up to something with the Chinese government

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Where's the poll?

https://twitter.com/IDuckyx/status/1468530288594755585?s=20

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Being able to rip off body parts and use them as bombs is a pretty gnarly power, even if they grow back.
As for Reggie I'm guessing he can turn the receipts into whatever they're for? So the receipts that turned into gasoline were receipts for gasoline. I guess the question is if he can just make his own receipts but that'd probably be considering cheating for his power.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 10, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

JahRoo posted:

I probably wasn’t reading carefully enough at the start of this arc but are the new curse users just randos that had their powers unlocked (a la arrows from jojo) or were they granted the curse techniques held by previous and now dead curse users? Or are some of these folks actually dead curse users being reincarnated?

Some are normal people with latent powers getting forcibly turned into sorcerers, some are ancient sorcerers turned into cursed items possessing people like Sukuna

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

So the reason Megumi's domain expansion is so hard to pull off is because like Sukuna he can just make real space his domain instead of the bubble first? Glad for the cleaner raws because I didn't catch the fact that the gymnasium is still visible in the background.

It’s because he’s inexperienced with it. Making a custom size is hard so he just set it to the dimensions of the gym

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really hope we get a Reggie flashback, he's too good of a character to never see again.

Also everything Takaba says is gonna be a bitch to translate.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Boss rush time

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I feel like this would be easier to understand if I had ever played Pachinko. But whatever, it's basically a slot machine. I can see why the high ups of the Jujutsu college weren't a fan of his ability.

I wonder how it works outside of the domain though. Hakari can use the subway doors outside of it at least.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Char posted:

Hakari either cheats the Binding Vow system, or has a contract with someone else. His faucet of power is completely broken

Keep in mind he’s extremely vulnerable while trying to get a jackpot

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I forget what it's called but maki and yuji traded having cursed techniques for physical prowess. same deal with megumi's dad

maki needs special glasses to see curses while yuji only can because of sukuna

Yuji is just freakishly strong, even before he could use cursed energy. Probably had some sort of genetic engineering done since his mom was a body hopping mad sorcerer

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the sumo guy a kappa?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
As expected, the bit about breeding a 6iv Ditto was a mistranslation. I knew Gege wouldn’t make a mistake like that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jerkface posted:

Its not like the domain is an actual instant kill domain anyways it just seems aggressively good, because you get frozen if you can't match his movements which makes you easy to kill for sure.

Yeah it just turns his ability from “You get frozen if you don’t move a certain way” to “Your body gets torn to shreds if you don’t move a certain way”, which while very strong isn’t quite an instant win

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

I believe this issue came up before with Hakari's colleague's power based around the southern cross. Not so much the ability not working as intended but Gege admitting that they wanted to have a complex ability and fudged either the execution or the explanation. Ironically I think he cited Jojo as an inspiration for such a power and stands not operating exactly as explained is something Araki is known for.

How did he fudge the explanation for it? From what I remember it was needlessly complicated but it make sense

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nuebot posted:

There's actually a fun theory I've seen floating around that Geto isn't entirely gone and some aspect of him or his spirit or whatever might be slowly rewiring the evil brain from within, more or less. Because there've been a few moments where he spoke, or acted, like Geto seemingly without intending to or realizing it. But it could also just be overly hopeful stuff and the guy playing up whatever body he's in.

Nah Gege said in an interview that Geto is gone. The part where his body acted on its own was the last remnants remaining

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lily Catts posted:

I'm not exactly sure why Sukuna waited until this very moment to pull that off. Was it because of the entry/exit rule? Anyone most of the plot has been lost to me since the Culling Game began, I'm mostly following out of vibes (and they have been mostly good so far) lol

I'm guessing Megumi being emotionally unstable right now from his "sister's" betrayal made him easier to possess or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really like how different Sukuna’s shadow puppets look from Megumi’s

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A question for anyone who knows Japanese: Yorozu was referred to with male pronouns in the last chapter in Japanese right? Is that still the case here? If it is then are they actually saying “Wife” or something more gender neutral?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah, okay good to know