Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Dog Kisser posted:

Oops poo poo I caught up. Digging it so far, prefer Chainsaw Man though. Character designs are pretty neat and inventive, and several of the techniques are cool as heck.

The fact that having read Chainsaw Man before it didn't completely ruin it for me, to me, is a testament to its quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Gege once again being very socially conscious. Moments like this and Nanami's epiphany in the bakery really elevate the material for me above the usual broad philosophy of a lot of its contemporaries, although maybe I just like hearing my beliefs reaffirmed by someone who draws cool fights.

e: extreme vagueposting on my part was on purpose but it's about the speedscan so I'll spoiler it just in case

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 16, 2021

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Gege really knows how to make some deeply unsettling monster designs, and knows how to frame the designs that would otherwise be kind of forgettable to make them very imposing. This is really cool.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
They can't fool me, they're going in to try to execute the sorcerers in the culling game because they don't want anything to shake the world's dependence on oil.