Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I've been thinking yuuji's grampa cursed him from his deathbed for a long time. nanami's inner monologue before his death makes it pretty hard to think otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea he was one of the main bad guys of that arc. but like all things in this series that you could link to bleach, it's a lot more interesting in jujutsu kaisen

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

i flunked out posted:

Having a shikigami snap his neck seems like a better way to kill Itadori than stabbing him the heart tbh. Itadori has already survived having his heart crushed by Sukuna, idk why stabbing him in the heart would seem more effective. Especially given the jujutsu sorcerers already know that it's not an actual death sentence for Itadori.

It feels more like a test to see whether Itadori gets taken over by sukuna or not at this point.

okkotsu was surprised itadori didn't die on the initial charge. like maybe he was testing him. I don't see it but maybe. but he is definitely trying to kill the guy

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

everything about the way they've framed those two's situation so far screams "they'll be fine" to me but who knows

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lmao he's a thumb

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

episode 0 being made into a movie makes sense

wonder if they'll do the same thing for the gojo flashback. it'd prob be better if they did since it feels awkwardly wedged into the story as is

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wouldn't surprise me at all if choso died but I hope he doesn't

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't really see the point of the scene saying nobara might live or the way the author has been coy about her current status if she really was just flat out dead/forgotten. she's certainly never had as much to do as megumi but there's def something going on with nobara atm

maybe it's time for krang to move on to a new body and the zombie nobara arc begins

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tweet my meat posted:

That eye technique is cool as hell and I really wanna see how they animate it.

man the anime was so well done, I can't wait to see a bunch of stuff animated

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why would this guy alone be spared

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I doubt just anyone would be afforded the same treatment oda gets

maybe the popularity explosion this series has enjoyed after the anime would be enough for that but you really can't compare anything to one piece

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm sure they could but I doubt they'd do it of their own volition

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think he said the end of the shibuya incident was the halfway point?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk why but I got hxh vibes from that ch

maybe it's just that I'm tired and it came back from a hiatus so I went in kinda lost

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

clearly they're already aware that panda is not a panda

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'll be real sad if jjk's animation quality ever goes down, it's hands down the best looking anime adaption I've seen of a shonen jump series

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've been getting hxh vibes for a while now, it's good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yuji's killed people too and shonen does love its bad guy redemptions

could see it going either way

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Can't believe it. She looked so trustworthy too.

tbh I was so sure they were going for the obvious fake out that this actually surprised me

well alright, the flashback on the guy with itadori made it clear what was happening before it was revealed. but still

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Patware posted:

nah that was basically the end of the first act, yuji doing sukuna's stunts is a bigger power spike than that.

didn't the author say we're past the halfway point?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this series has been getting extremely hxh and I'm into it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I wonder if Higuruma is going to start defending Yuji from his own domain, cause the dude is legit shook by what Yuji said and he's not easily shook. It would be pretty fun, a defense attorney who's given up on the judicial system defending his own opponent from his own power.

my bet is he does but it goes to the final retrial

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just read it in release order imo, there's no point in starting with 0

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

I respect it. The fan base knows what they want.

no, it's the fans who are wrong

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it feels like a battle royale to me

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea hakari's powers are extremely nen

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I expect nothing less from this series

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that's my biggest gripe with this series as a whole

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goddamn hakari

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

The only thing that bugs me about this fight is that over 4 minutes is a *really* long time to fight, and as illustrated it doesn't look like they fought for anywhere near 4 minutes.

namek will explode in 5 minutes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I forget what it's called but maki and yuji traded having cursed techniques for physical prowess. same deal with megumi's dad

maki needs special glasses to see curses while yuji only can because of sukuna

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lamebot posted:

No, more Maki!

:hai:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

skipmyseashells posted:

Wow maki is fighting a digimon, i hope she’s dead so her bad character finally leaves and we get itadori or megumi back

yea I was thinking the same thing, he looks so similar to this thing

maki is good tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4262/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-195

lmao I love these random dweebs

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

any time a manga starts bringing us politicians into the story I completely check out and this is no exception

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No it's good actually.

And also their post wasn't "Oh I don't think this is turning out well" it was "I see a politician in the manga I close the app." which is...look it's a very kneejerk and short sighted reaction worth poking fun at.

that's not what I said

I didn't really care that you called me dumb before but don't strawman me please

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BIG BRO

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can not like how jjk handled this fight but it was infinitely better than star and stripes, a character that was introduced for the sole purpose of losing to the bad guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she was introduced a while ago. iirc it was in one of the earlier flashbacks with geto and gojo

stars & stripes was literally introduced for the fight she died in