Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought it was pretty clear that Megumi's arriving.

Sukuna was about to intervene, but stopped and grinned because Megumi arrived and Sukuna has taken a liking to Megumi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The other term for the body-hoppin' brain is Getwo.

Since Kamo was probably just another corpse he piloted over the course of his life.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lily Catts posted:

I still don't get why Yaga got written out of the story like that, felt like a waste. Also I wish he'd grow old and cool (cooler than he already is) like his RL inspiration. I guess there's some other stips on the method of making independent cursed corpses as he seemed to have saddled Gakuganji with something?

The thing that he saddled Gaku with was the knowledge of making independent cursed corpses. Gaku now has to live with the knowledge, and struggle with the decision of whether or not to give the information up to the higher-ups, who will probably immediately utilize the knowledge to create an army. And if someone finds out that Gaku knows, then he might be marked for execution just like Yaga was. It's the curse of knowledge.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'd buy that it was intentional if the chapter had bothered to explain what that guy's eye power was even supposed to do.

I mean, even if there's no full explanation, the only thing you need to know is that a) it involves eyes, and b) it involves binding people.

Maki was being held in place. Big eyes were staring at her. Maki managed to break the big eyes to free herself from the binding. Eye dude's actual eyes started bleeding and the dude died blind.

I assume it's a "Freeze whatever you're staring at in place" or something technique with magical curse energy eyes. Given how breaking the big eyes destroyed the dude's actual eyes, maybe they're a projection of his eyes via cursed energy or some poo poo.

The important thing is that the dude died happy thinking Jinichi won, which is a way better death than most of the other Zenins that Maki murked.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i meant the change to rough art. if the eye thing was dramatic enough to cause an art shift, it would have been explained further. so, i don't really buy that it was intentional rather than simply unfinished.

Oh, I'm an idiot who didn't read the context. My bad.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm hopin' Megumi stomps the heck out of this duo so we can focus more on Yuji's legal troubles.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder if Higuruma is going to start defending Yuji from his own domain, cause the dude is legit shook by what Yuji said and he's not easily shook. It would be pretty fun, a defense attorney who's given up on the judicial system defending his own opponent from his own power.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Patware posted:

it would be shounen as gently caress in the wildest way for higuruma to become a cool buddy by fighting and reckoning with his own superpower. i absolutely hope that's what's going down here

He's going to become Yuji's third brother-from-another-mother.

Technically Choso and Itatori are from other mothers, because Choso's dad is Itadori's mom.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is definitely reading too much into things, but I wonder if the description for how Higuruma developed his sorcery skills (working backwards) is literally the concept for his creation, in that Gege wanted to engineer a situation in which Itadori has to face judgment for what Sukuna did while in his body, so Gege came up with the whole trial domain thing, and worked backwards from there to create the character of Higuruma.

Just a fun thought.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Patware posted:

this is literally how most writing works

I'm not a writer so I wouldn't know.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Higuruma's clothes are still wet, right?

That can't be a nice feel.

Drenched clothes are bad.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

The outfit is a reference to a comedy skit Centerman

https://youtu.be/RG1hIoXlgmU

And is also another 7:3 reference

God that's loving dope.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm sure we'll have our answer in 2 weeks.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think Megumi is using a Domain Expansion at the end of the chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Simple Domain and Hollow Wicker Basket pretty much create a safe space inside the domain where it's rules don't apply. None of the Auto Hit Shikigami would be able to enter the Simple Domain. I assume Reggie planned to go on the offensive, but was caught off guard by the fact that the Domain was incomplete.

Oh, is that what it was? That part sorta confused me when I read it.

Cause I figured the simple domain simply cancelled the auto-hit but wouldn't prevent attacks themselves from hitting when aimed manually.

But I guess if the Shikigami itself was designated as an Auto-Hit then it makes sense why Reggie thought he wouldn't be hit at all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal posted:

Just finished the Shibuya Incident arc and god I don't think anything been as brutal as Gojo melting Hanami or Sukuna vaporizing an entire section of Shibuya. Surprised at how well the manga manages to make fighting against some of these guys seem so drat hopeless.

This is why I always avoided Shibuya whenever I visited Japan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watched the JJK movie today at the theater and the subtitles were nice enough to tell me that there was an after-credits scene.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is such a hype chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think the Domains = Sure Hit + Sure Kill thing only applies to sorcerers and not curses.

Like, Mahito and Jogo and Dagon's domains only emphasized the Sure Hit part, the Sure Kill part was less from their domain and more that their cursed techniques were pretty much capable of killing you if they landed. Like Mahito's technique is a Sure Kill on a single touch, Jogo loving throws lava and meteors at you, and Dagon, uh, summons very toothy fish to bite you (still very dangerous as Nanami and co. can attest). Same for Sukuna, the Sure Kill part just comes from the overwhelming amount of damage he can put out, but that's just something he can do without his domain, it's just on a wider level because his domain works a bit differently (expanded range in exchange for letting people escape).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Though I guess it's more iffy with regards to Sukuna since he was a sorcerer first and a cursed spirit later.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Arcades sure are full of smoke though.

I went to an arcade and there was so much fuckin' smoke from smoking smokers who smoked.

EDIT: I mean in Japan, that is. I've been to arcades in Korea and there was far less smoke cause I don't think you're allowed to smoke in arcades (or indoors for that matter) in Korea. Even most (if not all) internet cafes had to get rid of their smoking section, and now they have a sealed booth where people can smoke at most.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 11, 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I think Gege said that if Jogo would have died if he'd taken the hits that Hanami had taken (but also that Jogo probably wouldn't have been hit cause he's way faster than Hanami?).

Hanami was just supremely tough, durability-wise.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

It seems he gets to keep the boost from a Jackpot for a time.

Despite this cool entrance I am betting on Kashimo for the victor.

He's gonna lose but it turns out he was sending all his cursed energy to Panda so Panda could recover and then Panda will win.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I still don’t understand how okkotsu has so much energy. I guess his ring is probably a cursed object that just acts as a battery and makes Rika2 power up.

I also still don’t know why he didn’t want people to know he has reverse curse tech

1. Mostly good genes, he's descended from a bigshot sorcerer, who Gojo is also descended from. And we all know how strong Gojo is. Also, the circumstances between Rika's creation (the both of them desired one another which greatly amplified her strength as a cursed spirit to keep them connected to one another) gave her a fuckton of cursed energy and she gave it all to Yuta while she was passing on, and that reserve or energy is Rika2. I don't think the ring powers Rika2 up, but rather lets him get access to her full powers (using her as a battery, getting the ability to copy other users, getting access to the cursed weapons she keeps stored within) for a limited period of time. Because it's an engagement ring or whatever. So it connects him to her.

2. Tactical advantage, it's better to keep your cards hidden. It's a strong technique but also very energy-consuming, probably better for enemies to think you're weakened and take you lightly than realize you have a self-healing ability that eats up your energy resources.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do not think anyone is the Gojo of their time except Gojo.

Gojo changed the entire paradigm just by being born.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oxxidation posted:

kashimo’s most basic ability boils down to “if I hit you once, you explode”

unless your name is monkey d luffy he’s a pretty bad matchup

I mean Mahito's basic ability was that but even faster. All he had to do was touch you and unless you hosted Sukuna's soul inside your body you were poo poo outta luck.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought that was more cause Nanami was usin' cursed energy to defend himself.

Plus, when he uses his domain, he can do it incredibly fast so you don't even have time to defend; Toda got affected instantly before he could even use his Simple Domain to defend himself and had to cut off his hand before it spread to the rest of his body.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love that everywhere I go everyone seems to have decided that Naoya's title is the CEO of Misogyny.

Love watchin' Naoya get owned.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

lih posted:

the new characters only appear right at the end, we have no idea what their involvement is going to be so i'm going to withhold judgement until next chapter

Their involvement is SUMO and KATANA.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

I notice that Katana guy still has Maki's sword. He's just going to keep it and Maki will forget until she later realizes that she never got it back.

Isn't that the sword that Mai made for Maki with her dying breath.

I sorta do not think Maki would be willing to part with her Mai Sword forever.

It being made via Mai's cursed energy might also explain why the sword was resistant to being wielded by the katana guy at first.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chiasaur11 posted:

People talk about Chainsaw Man vs. Jujutsu Kaisen fights, but the real main attraction would be a shogi match between Power and Todo showing off their ultra-genius IQs.

I mean Todo is actually smart, unlike Power.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Early :rip: to a real one.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I Am Fowl posted:

Okay. So "Uzumaki" is cursed spirit manipulation. Yuki also hypothesized that Kenjaku might have a method of expanding his goddamn brain to contain his library of techniques or possibly to allow him to hold more than one technique permanently. Maybe that's part of his original technique or a combination of his technique used in conjunction with Uzumaki. Am I on the right track here?

I think she was more likely saying that he probably doesn't have an external way to hold techniques like Okkkotsu does with Rika, so he probably doesn't have a ton of hidden cursed techniques (discounting the 3 he already showed and the one-offs he can use with Uzumaki), but she can't discount the fact that he might have a fourth one as a hidden card.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One of the foreign soldiers coming to Japan is actual America's strongest exorcist, and she's actually inspired by Gojo Satoru.

She's going to die to Kenjaku.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rika (the ghost) passed on but the mass of cursed energy and techniques that Rika was made of was left behind, so Yuta just took that cursed energy and made Rika (the copy).

I think.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Could you imagine Black Flash Cleave and how it would look.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah Muzan's petty and spiteful as gently caress, whereas Sukuna's a jerk with swagger. Love (to hate) them both.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think they're saying that Sukuna isn't evil just cause he's evil, but that he's evil because he considers himself to be on a different level of existence than humans/everything else and isn't beholden to their standards/morals/etc. in the same vein that humans don't really care about the happiness of what they consume.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Though honestly I don't even think that's a special/rare thing in a villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, Gojo has to lose so Roboco can come in for the save with her ultimate technique. It's all being set up this week, if you read the extended universe material.

I knee-l.