Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Desperate Character posted:

okay the reveal of kamo having been yuji's MOM has my brain absolutely fried I don't think anyone saw that coming :stare:

Finally Yoshimori from Kekkaishi has some competition for most dangerous mother in shonen.

More seriously my guess here is after the woman who mothered the original death paintings died, Kamo (or the thing piloting his corpse) decided to perfect the process by being the mother themselves. Why they chose the Itadoris is a question as well. Though it'd be funny if it was convenience or they actually just liked Mr Itadori and not part of a specific plan where they killed Mrs Itadori to possess her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

From the sound of things Grampa Itadori always disapproved of his sons wife. So I would be betting that she approached Jin.

My reading of that scene is he knows she's supposed to be dead not that he disliked her pre-possession. His objection is "I know you loved her and wanted children but she died. Then something pretending to be her came back and you had a kid with it. You knocked up a walking corpse. This is a horror movie son!". Probably also ties into his wish for Yuji.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 21, 2021

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

I think there's also the implication that Kaori did die and then her body got taken over but the dad either didn't know or doesn't care. It depends on what name Kamo goes by while in that body

Not really much of a competition since Kamo wants to commit genocide and Sumiko was just really distant but ultimately still loved her family in a bizarre way. Like throwing a dragon at her son and daughter-in-law. that was weird.

This situation might be more like Kanaka from Tsugumomo which is a wildly :nsfw: series but might be doing the whole pet semetary thing that's going on here

I mostly meant that in most shonen it's the dad that's the mysterious powerful being with a past. It's a cheap joke and I'm certain there's other exceptions

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Woo doesn't seem to be Abe no Seimei

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Maki lived a hard life...

Let's be honest, it's really unlikely they'll die here, cause setting up a super misogyny clan whose beliefs get proven correct would be pretty hosed.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Isn't Tsumiki (Megumi's big sis) also a Zen'in?

No, she's his half sister. Toji married a normal lady who already had a daughter after he left the clan.

I mean I guess Megumi could make her one but why would he.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

He's relatively new but I'm constantly impressed by Yuto Suzuki of Sakamoto Days fight choreography and sense of motion and use of the environment. At least for a weekly I reckon he's the best in the game atm at that part of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Next chapter: Sukuna says the n word

Nobara?