Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

From the sound of things Grampa Itadori always disapproved of his sons wife. So I would be betting that she approached Jin.

I didn’t get the sense that he disapproved of his daughter-in-law, just the whole reanimating her corpse so that it could have his son’s child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It seems like once you have the power to force every magical person in the country to participate in a survival game against their will you should have been able to just kill everyone who might go against your plan.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The more of these people we see the more I find it hard to believe that Gojo hasn’t already just murdered them all for being just the worst.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

gently caress ‘em Up

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

It's a see-saw If Maki had died, Mai would have been able to conjure larger objects and probably in more quantity as opposed to her single bullet a day. She gives her life to accomplish what would likely have been a normal thing for her to do if she weren't a twin. We see how Maki benefitted from Mai's sacrifice. I think this translation makes it slightly more clear how the twin dynamic works here.

The way I interpreted it was that it wasn't necessarily a see-saw. They just need to both needed to be in synch in their goals. If they both had had a curse technique and trained hard they could have been strong, but Mai not being interested in getting strong would have held both of them back. It is just that on top of that Maki using her limited cursed energy for strength was hurt because on a spiritual level she shared cursed energy with Mai.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Megumi is going to be in charge by default once this is all over.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Since we won’t get anything new for a while I went back through everything that happened in Shibuya and I had forgotten that Geto, or whatever he goes by now, said he was going to find a reason to make all the people he’s made ingest cursed objects or gave curse techniques fight so he can see what happens. I couldn’t remember what the reason for the survival game was, but I guess that explains it.

They also announce that the principle receives the death penalty for helping Gojo, who they exiled for being an accomplice in what went down. I had totally forgotten that when the chapter in which he died came out.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Doesn't every cursed technique user in Japan have to take part in the game no matter what?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Yuji seems to be his literal son from when he was in a woman’s body while his “siblings” are curse human hybrids with his blood mixed in.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the guy whose introductory chapter shows him losing it at an unjust legal system is probably going to somehow save Yuji from himself.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 15, 2021

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It’s always nice to make a friend.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Scallop Eyes posted:

How did Reggie have enough time to get all those receipts if he was just reincarnated? Anyway, good fight, and I'm hype to see Okkotsu really go to town.

I bet he lost his mind when he realized modern receipts were just mass printed with a machine. I imagine his power was way more difficult to use a few hundred years ago.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Scallop Eyes posted:

People theorized it was because when you kill a sorcerer without cursed energy(and Maki doesn't have any), you get curses.The question is now if it's only Naoya or the entire Zenin clan fused into a pissed off curse

I hope we’re lucky enough to get to see Maki kill her whole lovely family again.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Tosk posted:

I'm really not sure Chouso is strong enough to pull off this distraction while Yuki heals, but I hope it works out. I wonder what Tengen is concealing about the Culling Game.

I got the impression that Onii-san is there to gently caress him up, not to stall for her to heal.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think that’s just the cuts and some blood.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Art felt kind of off this chapter, but the drawing of Momo on the first page is perfect.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Nice to see lawyer guy there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Is Takaba dead?