Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

...but i didnt finish

The SA Index is a list of all current and former subforums listed in order by forumid. SA has had lots of different forums over the years and a lot of them have closed for good. But with the archives upgrade and a quick change of forumid in the subforum URL, you too can catch up on all the hottest posts in your favorite dead gay forum. As far as I know there are no forumids from 281-665 or greater than 679, but if you find one please post about it!! I don't know if a full list of subforums exists somewhere already but I already made this poo poo so gently caress it I guess there's two now if there is one out there.

Never manually surfed before? All you have to do is copy this link, paste it into your address bar, and replace # with the number of the subforum you want to visit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=#

Most of these forums will require archives to be able to go back and see the threads that were in them, with the exception of somewhat recently closed ones like forumid=666 FYAD or the Paranormal forum.

Green: active subforum
Yellow: utility subforum
Blue: fully deleted forum
Pink: hidden forum ("You do not have permission to access this page...")
Red: archived subforum (no posting)

Missing numbers in the list are gaps in forumid where no sub exists ("Specified forum was not found in the live forums"). Archived subforums will have their parent forum, if applicable, in parentheses next to its name. A number of SA's subforums are hidden These presumably include the file sharing forums like DPPH as well as the mod forums, but there are a LOT of them. If you remember the name of one of these hidden forums by forumid, please share!

Interesting things I learned while making this
  • Euro GoonCon was a thing
  • There used to be a dedicated subforum for photoshops
  • The AwfulPedia subforum has some decently interesting posts in any given thread for a particular year, documenting forum events in timeline form easier to read than browsing the SAclopedia
  • The RiffTrax Live Meetups subforum has never had a post in it, or maybe all the posts were deleted, or maybe it was a category of subforums that have been hidden. I have no idea what it is or what it was supposed to be
  • There are some really big gaps in forumid usage, even if you aren't counting the big skip from the 200s up into the 600s

barnold fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Dinosaur Gum

Bookmarked. Thank you for this!

low key sex master
May 27, 2004

Mother of God

New goon project: uncover the hidden forums and their secrets

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I canne has csebuf?

Neither forumid=69 nor forumid=420 produce anything, this site deserves to languish in obscurity

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

General Bullshit, the archived sub forum.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

*As Ronald Reagan*

Mr Jeffrey of YOSPOS, make forumid=420

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

I fear the man who has hit one dinger ten thousand times.

how is TCC not forumid 420 like jfc people it is 2021 this poo poo is not hard

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

127 is Planning Crew - Subforum of Goonmeet
165 is The Music Dump - Music Reviews, subforum of Review Dump
246 is Dogs: They are Complicated - No Posts
260 is The Guild'd Cage - Guild Wars 2 Subforum looks like.
262 is Test - No posts, no mods, no nothing
266 is Idiot King Huddle - IKs had their own space at one time.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

...but i didnt finish

Athanatos posted:

whoa! list updated, thanks

low key sex master
May 27, 2004

Athanatos posted:

Which one is the one where mods guess which posters have tiny weiners and make fun of tiny weiner posters

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I canne has csebuf?

low key sex master posted:

Which one is the one where mods guess which posters have tiny weiners and make fun of tiny weiner posters

This one, except I'm technically not a mod

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

barnold posted:

• The RiffTrax Live Meetups subforum has never had a post in it, or maybe all the posts were deleted, or maybe it was a category of subforums that have been hidden. I have no idea what it is or what it was supposed to be
Lowtax did some stuff for one of the Rifftrax Lives, my guess would be he created this subforum for that. Knowing Lowtax someone probably made fun of him in the subforum and he nuked the whole thing.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

awoo

:clownballoon:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Klomping endlessly thru the gray void...

Fun Shoe

low key sex master posted:

One? Just one?
oh you sweet summer goon.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

I definitely remember the old Photoshop Phorum. I believe it was exclusively for Photoshop Phriday threads.

DPPH and the other forum might have been 59 and 64. They were definitely super-early forums. Though it might have been those 105-108 ones (I can't remember how separated the movie, tv, and music versions of those forums were. I vaguely remember them being clumped together near the bottom after a while.)

EDIT:

I just looked at the third page of the rules, and it's interesting to try and guess when it was last updated based on the forums and mods listed there.

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 1, 2021

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Bring back Lovedump!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

I have archives and tried inputting a load of different red ones, but it just says not visible on live forums for every single one. halp

e: im the worlds biggest moron and put the hashtag in the url.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

With the information in the op, combined with the recent size changes to the sun and moon my evil plan grows ever closer to completion!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

...but i didnt finish

LanceHunter posted:

I just looked at the third page of the rules, and it's interesting to try and guess when it was last updated based on the forums and mods listed there.

my guess is gonna be 2011-2012. a lot of these names I only vaguely remember from around the time I joined. that, and the lack of BYOB in the list clues me in

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

3 olives has a payment plan with his phone company for his cell phone

This Wayback page has some of the lost early forumIDs https://web.archive.org/web/20010217172551/http://forums.somethingawful.com/

they seem pretty bad

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

ahhh the fuckin pirate forum

there were the file piracy forums, which were pretty good, then there was the forum where everyone talked like a pirate, and that forum was not as good

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

*a wizened figure pores over the ancient archives by candlelight, searching for pearls of lost goon wisdom forgotten by time but every page is just a different variation of people calling each other f*gs. he slams the book closed in disgust*

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

...but i didnt finish

Inept posted:

This Wayback page has some of the lost early forumIDs https://web.archive.org/web/20010217172551/http://forums.somethingawful.com/

they seem pretty bad

pretty neat! gonna have to add a new color code to the list for subforums that at one time existed but now are completely gone I think. a couple of those even have forumids that are now used by more modern forums, like 22 which used to be the Graphic Design forum in 2002 but is now SH/SC

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

140 - Fantasy Island (SAS sub)
163 - The Game Dump (Review dump)
171 - Post Your Request (PYF sub)
173 - ALoD Discussion
174 - BYOB (Jun 2006)
178 - The Comment Box (Jul 2006, larval version of QCS)
184 - The Cheat Trough (Games sub)
185 - The Photo Fill (short lived showcase of goon photography)

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

Stay Out of the Basement

Inept posted:

they seem pretty bad

"The Awful Forums > DPPH > Olsen Twins Sex Stories - TRUE!!! (Pages: 1 2 )"

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

...but i didnt finish

i knew i could count on GBS to crowdsource the forumids i am too young to remember browsing

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I just want Hot Topic: Hurricane Hoedown to come back SO BAD

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

why was the OG BYOB debleeted?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

...but i didnt finish

Khanstant posted:

why was the OG BYOB debleeted?

According to the Book Of Yob (ty saclopedia):

quote:

On December 5th, 2007, the BYOB mod team was replaced with new BYOB posters. New mod SpankinSteve started banning people who were sassing him and being a nuisance, leading to much whining amongst other 'yobbers, so much so that all mods were removed.

As of December 6th, 2007, as a result of the incredulous whining of the forum's members, BYOB has been moved out of the Main forums index and stuck all the way at the bottom of the page, under a heading that reads "Retarded Forums for Fags"

quote:

December 5th - 6th have basically been a huge clusterfuck in 'yob without the moderators. Realistically if there were no moderators BYOB would still be a pretty tame place with a lot more "POST TITS ITT", but the power and freedom to troll took over and anarchy began...

quote:

As of 5:30 PM Pacific Time December 8th, BYOB is closed. Perhaps permanently.

BYOB XP opened five days later, then was closed again along with FYAD on May 3, 2011. BYOB was reopened as "BYOB 8.2" on March 4, 2014. There isn't really a whole lot in there about when nu-BYOB closed and the BYOB we know today was opened, one entry says April 1, 2019 but who knows if that's true!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nice work op. Shame about forum 22.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

The question on everyone's minds: where is the HOOBDWARP: TWAL forum in all this?

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

R.L. Stine posted:

"The Awful Forums > DPPH > Olsen Twins Sex Stories - TRUE!!! (Pages: 1 2 )"

That just reminded me of the uniquely creepy early internet website that featured a countdown in Hours, Minutes, and Seconds until the Olsen twins became legally old enough for the webmaster to not have sex with.

GRECOROMANGRABASS fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 3, 2021

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

3 olives has a payment plan with his phone company for his cell phone

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

That just reminded me of the uniquely creepy early internet website that featured a countdown in Hours, Minutes, and Seconds until the Olsen twins became legally old enough for the webmaster to not have sex with.

i remember back in 2003 someone had a countdown avatar to emma watson turning 18. she was 13 in 2003

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It was only uniquely creepy because you didn't realize how commonplace things like that would be now.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

I remember there was a Propesting/Fauxtesting sub but I dont remember the ID

lil bip
Mar 12, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

Ahh such future sight

Only registered members can see post attachments!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Bookmarked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

...but i didnt finish

just remembered one of these has to be the Derek Smart Star Citizen sub that used to be in games. anyone who can recall the forumid for that one gets a firm handshake