Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
*extremely Chan Marshall voice* what is dead can sometimes drink wine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Dead Can Dance would make a great video game name, but I get the impression the band would be so insulted that they wouldn't actually sue or anything, just conduct a complex Germano-Celtic ritual that would ensure the developers' families were cursed for 7 generations

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shake your dead cans

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

1. Rock Band 2
2. Rock Band 3
3. Rock Band 4
4. Rock Band

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Okay for real talk, this is the most interesting and just good game essay video I've ever seen and as a bonus for Tim Rogers apostates, it's only 28 minutes long!

I'M VERY SERIOUS WATCH THIS VIDEO!

https://youtu.be/ulVfzB2tiMU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Simone Magus posted:

*extremely Chan Marshall voice* what is dead can sometimes drink wine

I saw her eons ago, like a couple years after moon pix came out I think. She couldn't bring herself to face the audience, she just played piano with her back turned the whole time.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I saw her eons ago, like a couple years after moon pix came out I think. She couldn't bring herself to face the audience, she just played piano with her back turned the whole time.

Same. She cried a lot and kept apologizing. I just wanted to give her a hug :(

She's doing pretty good now, stopped drinking and has a kid. Her last record was really good too!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna make a funny tier list about wizard101 but I can't think of anything funny to make with it that wouldn't require knowledge of the game and its mechanics when only 2 people on this forum know how the game even plays

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Even if it only amuses you, you should still make it imo. Those are my favourite kinds of posts.

btw tier lists will be on the bingo card so save it for the next thread!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna make a funny tier list about wizard101 but I can't think of anything funny to make with it that wouldn't require knowledge of the game and its mechanics when only 2 people on this forum know how the game even plays

I absolutely love every post you make about these weird games so just get down with it

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

:justpost: :justpost: :justpost:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

AngelesXO posted:

I remember renting the ps1 game and then having to return it early because the game scared me.

This happened to me also

As I kid I was like, very scared of almost every single videogame I played. I remember having to stop playing Banjo Kazooie at one point because of some enemy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was afraid of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater sometimes because you were alone in most of the levels

I rented Ocarina of Time and spent my entire rental period running around the Kokiri Forest because the two Deku Babas on the way to the tree scared me

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel like I know just enough about Wiz101 through your posting to enjoy your list. I could probably make a list of my favorite puns based on the screenshots you've shared.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I was afraid of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater sometimes because you were alone in most of the levels
yeah thats reasonable. what if tony gets hurt? you should always use the buddy system while skating

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

homeless snail posted:

yeah thats reasonable. what if tony gets hurt? you should always use the buddy system while skating

Also what if a scary man came up and went boo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

New Super Metis posted:

Even if it only amuses you, you should still make it imo. Those are my favourite kinds of posts.

btw tier lists will be on the bingo card so save it for the next thread!!

I've been sitting on several mega man tier lists for just such an occasion!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This happened to me also

As I kid I was like, very scared of almost every single videogame I played. I remember having to stop playing Banjo Kazooie at one point because of some enemy

same, i would ask my mom to sit in the room with me when starting a new file in super mario rpg because exor scared me. this happened frequently because i was also scared of the sewers in general and would start over rather than go inside

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Also what if a scary man came up and went boo
what if he offers tony hawk some candy and says there are puppies in his van. i dont know what button it is to say no, that wasn't in the manual

Weedle
May 31, 2006

remember the haunted house in thps3 suburbia where you have to bring the axe to the ghost so he can bust in?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m playing Somnium Files now and dag it’s pretty fuckin good. I really like the writing (instances of gross bullshit notwithstanding).

But I chose to go to Date’s place after finding the phone and what the gently caress is going on :psyduck:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pollyanna posted:

I’m playing Somnium Files now and dag it’s pretty fuckin good. I really like the writing (instances of gross bullshit notwithstanding).

But I chose to go to Date’s place after finding the phone and what the gently caress is going on :psyduck:

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
new thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963839