Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Sometimes I forget Im one of the youngest posters here by a reasonable margin

does SA actually get new users?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

wuggles posted:

I posted on GAF a lot back in the day, but then that forum got overridden by chuds and its reincarnation is pretty dumb. It’s amusing to me that Something Awful of all places turned out to be one of the lefter-leaning places I could hang out.

That split sucked immensely

It was nice to have a very active general games forum for up to minute news and an active community with ok moderation

Now Reddit sucks rear end and half the gaming dialogue is on twitch and youtube, with a handful of meh forums out there. It's horrific how many gaming forums were overrun by absolute chuds (or in some cases, the whiplash alternative which is just as unusable though for different reasons)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Looking forward to trying out Nocturne when the remaster comes out, but I'm more excited for saga frontier's remaster pc release, though idk how much it'll cost

SF is a weird loving game, but that applies to the entire series

I can't remember the main designers name, he's crazy

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Walla posted:

So serious question. I typically hate action games because I have horrible reflexes and hate the combat but I have a love affair with Zelda. BotW is the perfect game of the genre for me because you can avoid the majority of combat and brute force the ones that are necessary.

Would I enjoy Dark Souls? I bounced off of Skyrim hard, largely because it felt stiff on the Switch.

I... don't think so?

Dark Souls is hard. And not in some meme sense, it's legitimately difficult with some very challenging bosses if you're not comfortable with its mechanics, and that's ignoring some sometimes cruel areas and some really mean optional/bonus bosses.

That said, it's not a ridiculous twitch action game, or DMC, and there are absolutely builds that can clown on basically anything the game throws at you (it is also an rpg, and it has a very mature, very experienced community who know how to break it into its constituent atoms).

The one part you might really enjoy is the exploration in all of Souls and BB is absolutely awesome and one of my favorite parts of the game.

Stay the gently caress away from Sekiro.

If you're curious, I'd say grab it, go ask the Goon Souls thread for a build guide and follow that, but if you dislike the combat in Zelda I'm not sure you'd enjoy the challenges in Souls. On the other hand, if you vibe with the exploration and cunning dungeon/area design, you might push through the other bits.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Strikers is such a bizarre product on so many levels

That it exceeded sales expectations genuinely amazes me

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

What about manga, do you accept manga recommendations based on pages/panels shown?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

hello, what is this?

Biomega

Don't look up any synopsis or spoilers

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

It would be better without rex.

I want to finish it because I loved 1 and I'm a slave to franchises

... wait no, it's because I liked the world and combat

But man I picked it back up and wuff, not a friendly game to resume if you took a long break.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I was going to make an actual new thread for the first time in years, bit I can't figure out how to do it on the mobile SA app so I gave up

that's my story

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Anyone using it should already know better, but do not use or treat Discord as remotely private or secure in any way shape or form

That's now, it'll be worse in the future

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Planeswalkers killed the game stone cold for me

I played it competitively in the dark ages, met Garfield at a tourney, that's my exciting story thanks for reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Rarity posted:

NG2: I'm very near the end of the game now and it is not messing around. Room after room of the most bullshit enemies which require super aggressive play and/or a load of cheesing. I'm at the last save point now so all being good I'll be beating this game in my next play session :pray:

And then comes MGS4 :getin:

that's some tonal and gameplay whiplash

enjoy the creepy rear end cams I guess