Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Supposedly LiS3 is being developed by Deck Nine, who did Before the Storm. Rumors are that its lead is an Asian-American girl named Alex who can read minds. "True Colors" was the working title.

It’s also rumored that Steph from BtS will be returning in some capacity (some files including her name were found a little while back)

But I’ve enjoyed every LiS game so far to varying degrees (plus Tell Me Why which is close enough to count in my opinion) so I’m looking forward to seeing what they come up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Khanstant posted:

will someone take me up on the bet that the new twist in the remake is that Aeris doesn't die, instead she stabs Sephiroth, doing a heel-turn to become a god herself. Leaving Sephiroth behind for your party to heal and then he joins as playable character and romance option.

Speaking of which, do we know anything about Part 2 of that game yet? Though I imagine something might get revealed during the aforementioned announcement on the 18th.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

First look at our new Life is Strange protagonist:

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1370419684881874944

Looks like a girl again to me (according to rumors her name is Alex and she’s an Asian-American girl who can read minds)

Here’s a clearer picture:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 12, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Where are you seeing a gun, that just looks like her hand.

On the left, but on closer inspection it might just be the fold of her sleeve.

Also DontNod has apparently left Square Enix so I guess the franchise is in Deck Nine’s hands now.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 12, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

If you've never played them, I think it'll be a great chance later this year since they're releasing remasters of LiS1 and Before the Storm with updated visuals. I love those games, so I'm a little jealous of people that are gonna play them for the first time with a fresh look

Seems like there’s an Ultimate Edition of the new game True Colors that contains both the remakes and a bonus prequel episode starring Steph from BtS (as well as a deluxe edition that just contains the bonus episode)

Speaking of which, the new Life is Strange game is already available for preorder

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

just exclusives?

FF7R
13 Sentinels (i assume that's the giant robot one)
God of War
Persona 5 Royal
TLOU 2 and the 1 remaster
Shadow of Colossus remake
The Last Guardian
Judgment and Yakuza 6 (probably coming to PC soon though)
Spider-man
the Uncharted series
Ghosts of Tsushima

Speaking of the FF7 remake, did the Square Enix conference today mention anything about the second part?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I was thinking with Space Jam 2 do kids even know Tom & Jerry/the Looney Toons etc

where are they seeing taz in 2021

Looney Tunes had a couple recent cartoons at least, not sure about Tom & Jerry aside from the recent movie though (which apparently sucked)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

wuggles posted:

This’ll be good I think, they’ve gone back to the LEGO characters pantomiming instead of talking.

Really? I’d heard somewhere that Skywalker Saga was going to have voice acting as well. What’s also neat is that Phantom Menace through Force Awakens have apparently also been remade and aren’t just ports of the existing games.

We still don’t have a concrete release date for that game yet do we?

Though I will give LEGO Force Awakens credit for getting back most of the movie cast and for making Carrie Fisher (or a soundalike, I forget) say “Wookie cookie”.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 20, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

drat. I mean, this is 100% in line with everything I've ever heard about the man, but it's still hard to believe in how much of a bubble he lives and works.

Hell, the original trilogy only really worked because he had people back then that could tell him “no” and make adjustments to his scripts (though even by Return of the Jedi the cracks were starting to show a little).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 20, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Poisonous Zanzibar Hamsters

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Remember this game?

Never heard of it, how is it?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

He basically did until the moment he decided to drop off the grid after MGS1, although they often manipulated him to their own benefit even afterwards.

Though to be fair he also dropped off the grid after Metal Gear 2 and retired to Alaska but Campbell tracked him down and pulled him back in anyway.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

MGS4 is the only MG game to be just... trapped on a single console, yeah

it's kinda weird

It’s on PSNow at least but yeah, I believe MGS4 is literally the only game in the series (aside from maybe Snake’s Revenge, Ghost Babel, and the Acid titles) to never get ported to another platform. Not sure why

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Khanstant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChgQXkvsmsk

wow so apparently the ps3 emulator can handle MGS4 now, looks like i finally get to play

i don't even remember that. i remember riding off into the snowset with Meryl and then maybe there was an ominous phone call after the credits?

That was the first MGS, they’re talking about Sons of Liberty

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh gently caress I never played Ac!d

down for a weird deck-draw SRPG Metal Gear game

Neither have I to be honest, are the games any good?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Walla posted:

Wait, there's a loving SRPG Metal Gear? I'm down. What system?

Two of them in fact, they’re only on PSP though (possibly Vita as well, I’m not sure)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Any idea why Nintendo would suddenly be retiring their flagship series/character? As far as I can tell the games are still selling decently enough.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I think CNN managed to mistake jokes for rumors

Yeah, that’d make more sense honestly

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

Poopy-pants man Johnny turning out to be the most well-adjusted, handsome-est man in the entire series is Hideo's best joke ever and redeems everything else in MGS4.

Is he ever mentioned in Rising?

I think MGS4 might be the last appearance of a Johnny in the Metal Gear series as far as I recall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, MGS5 is a prequel and Revengeance has enough narrative distance to the events previous to the game that Johnny isn't really a factor.

I think there might be a reference to him in Ground Zeroes but I’m not 100% sure on that.