Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I mean Toto-Rak in general is a piece of poo poo dungeon anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Saint Freak posted:

Oh no did I miss Gamemaster Anthony's birthday??

He invited everyone, but you never arrived.

He's still waiting.

Hoping.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Macaluso posted:

Stormblood being the weakest of the three FFXIV expansions doesn't mean it's bad.

And again, Stormblood has one of the best character moments of the whole game Y'shtola's severe burn on the dude in the Azim Steppe

The Burn: Savage

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Palumpolum gave us shirtless Snow, so at least it had that going for it.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Rinkles posted:

Dark Cloud 2 just keeps on piling on new systems and mechanics.

Dark Cloud 1 is my favourite game of all time (I used to be an admin or mod on the wiki when I was 15. Jesus, my user page there is maximum cringe) but I never got a chance to play 2 until the PS4 re-release and it just didn't stick. I got to the Rainbow Butterfly Woods but fell off hard.

Draga fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 3, 2021

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The voice acting was definitely one of the things I disliked about DC2. After playing so much of 1 with no voice acting outside of battle grunts, it just felt wrong in 2

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Someone mentioned Enter the Gungeon here a few weeks ago and that reignited my interest in the game. I was going strong with it for a while, having killed the past for the Marine and the Convict, but I feel like so much has been added since then. Synergies between weapons and items, new NPCs and enemies, mini bosses.

I’ve been trying to get a clear with the Pilot but his starting load out kind of sucks. Two nights ago, when I picked it back up for the first time in over a year, I barely made it to the second chamber reliably. Last night I made it to the Dragun twice, but couldn’t seal the deal. The last time was particularly brutal, since I had a hell of a load out but only two full hearts. Got him down to 1/3 then stupidly switched to a weapon with a bunch of kickback and got myself killed.

My success rate for getting deeper has gone up a ton once I stopped trying to go through the oubliette and just use keys on chests to get a better starting gun.

Game still good

The Pilot has the worst starting weapon but his Lockpicks are great for saving keys when it comes to brown and blue chests. Easy way to the Oubliette with him.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Everyone keeps talking about Rikku in Kingdom Hearts...

She must have made such an impression in II

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Manus was the biggest road block for me back in the day and I never finished DS1 on 360 because of that, but then I finally beat him on PS4 back in October and boy was that a good time.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Convex posted:

Oh nice! I went with the Artorias set with a maxed out black knight halberd which mostly smashed everything to pieces :)

Smashing things to pieces is fun. By the end of my last playthrough I was switching between a Divine Zweihander and a Titanite Catch Pole and I felt like God, at least when I wasn't being Wheel Skeleton'd.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

Who is Chester? I think perhaps I did not.

He's the smug rear end in a top hat merchant just outside of Artorias' arena. Looks like he stepped right out of Bloodborne.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

Oh! That dude! I spoke to him, did not buy anything, did not attack him. Generally in videogames if something does not attack me, then I do not attack it.

If you were in human form he would have invaded you in Oolacile Township. If you talk to him after that he gets all pissy about it.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Cat pics?

Cat pics

Here's one I just took of Luna. She is an adorable hellraiser.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

:twisted: We are about to get all american kirby up in here...

Sorry, I left my angry eyebrows at home.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Welp, my laptop battery has finally given up the ghost. Had this laptop for just over 4 years and the battery has been lovely for most of that. Pour one out for it.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Khanstant posted:

hes going to ruin the laptop with his celebration, how careless!

To be fair, Stone Cold is probably showing more respect to that laptop then I have to mine.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Please desist. The less I remember about the anonymous Raw GM, the better.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The british "chip butty" ...

Never much been a fan of chip butties, but then I'm not much of a fan of chips in general unless they're McDonalds fries.

Now a sausage or bacon butty on the other hand....gimme.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

Just played five more hours of Dark Souls 2 and am absolutely loving it. Got a +6 great club and am going ham on the pursuer who seems to be cropping up like Mr. X. :3:

Just made my way to the huntsmans copse and already beaten the guy with the scorpion going into his eye. I think called the lost sinner I cannot recall

This is some of the most fun gaming I have had lately. Doing a set souls day was a wicked idea! :)

It was a fun stream, even if I only caught the last half an hour or so.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

I forget that I am between 5-7 hours ahead of everyone and that if I start at 2:00pm then it could be as early as 9:00am for some people!

The weekday streams will be much later :)

And I think I have met the pursuer in five separate places so far. Only managed to defeat him in four of them. One has about five dogs around it and it is so tough. I am bad at managing enemy numbers.

Also I should probably heal.

Oh no, I'm English too so we're on the same time. I just didn't catch that you were on at first.

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm gonna spoiler tag this but it is something you should absolutely do if/when you have the chance, it just requires being in majula and is about some cool stuff you can get.

Spend 15k souls at Maughlin's and then go talk to him again when you have 0 souls

Note I only know that's true for the base game, idk if they changed it for Scholar of the First Sin or which version of the game you're playing.

It's the same in SotFS, I did it myself a few days ago.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The only save loss I can remember of the top of my head is a classmate slapping my GBA out of my hands and losing me the first 5 hours of FFV.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
One hell of a way to end the stream too. Good times.

EDIT: Clipped for posterity

Draga fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 16, 2021

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Escobarbarian posted:

I don’t even remember why I brought up Robot Wars to begin with but within seconds it had caused pandemonium

I reiterate that Hypno Disc was My Boy.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Hypno Disc absolutely reducing Splinter to its namesake is still amazing

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
He liked Persona 5

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I'm 27 and I registered back in 2011, though I rarely posted and took a 4 year hiatus from '15 to '19. I've been way more active since I came back though.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

im 41 and i remember the vast majority of video gaming history

Oh great sage of vidya, tell us of the old days long since passed.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Spent so long in Iron Keep that I completely forgot you fought Ornstein and met the horse. It was a good stream and we all got to see the greatness of Lucatiel again.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Jay Rust posted:

Have you guys ever loved a movie so much that you’ve watched it twice in quick succession?

That was me with Shaun of the Dead back in the day.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

Last night had some wicked fun in DS2. Visited the picturesque Drangleic Castle where I got baited into losing 40k souls after spending a good number of lives clearing a room of Ruin Sentinels. Many laughs and Oh Nos of despair were had. Beat some bosses. Still got played by the Royal Rat Authority. All in all, fantastic fun and I am looking forward to finishing the Shrine of Amana.

I'm happy I got to help out with Looking Glass Knight, even if we did burn him down too quick for his gimmick to kick in.

The Room was also fun times. I love that room.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Darklurker's move where it shoots the dark orb through portals is bullshit.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Obligatum VII posted:

When are you doing your next stream, VG? I keep meaning to try and catch one but I have no idea when you're actually doing them.

Tuesday, Friday and Sunday usually.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Where's my Freedom Wars 2?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

I went straight to bed last night after my stream but I want to thank those who watched and chose to watch Dark Souls 2 over playing Disco elysium for a few hours.

Did DLC 1 (aside from the optional co-op area!) and goodness the Sinh the Slumbering boss fight has been one of my most favourite in the whole game so far! I had three summons and we were locked in a full on fight and running around the arena and goodness it was excellent.

Also DLC2 from just the opening part is my favourite area in DS2. The ashen floor, the ashen idol, the HUGE chain you have to walk across, it is amazing :D It being part of Iron Keep (another area I really enjoyed) makes so much sense. I am also fully aware this DLC has the toughest boss in the game and I know their name, just not what to expect!

I was glad I got to help with Elana but it was hilarious when I got dunked so earlier into the Sinh fight.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

This and Raiden vs. the Geckos and Vamp are my favourite two scenes in the entire series.