Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

It's 1989, and the Soviets are attacking - in the way of their push is a small unit of American troops, lead by everyones (least)favourate croctapus.

It's Flashpoint Campaigns Soveit Storm time .
This is a game with several interesting quirks - its hex based (which is always good) but its we go with a command and control delay - so when I give orders, there is a lag time between that and my next order.

What makes this interesting is that this lag time changes depending on a lot of factors - how many runners I'm using, how much electronic warfare is going on, and generally how beaten up my men are. this can mean that one side can get two orders in in the time the other gets one, allowing them to better respond to the enemy actions.

This is modern warfare, so expect lots of guided missiles and artillery - and maybe the odd tactical nuke!

Here is video 1, in which I go over the overview and set my troops up - tomorrow's video will see the start of combat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Episode 2 and the fighting starts - my infantry in the town come under immediate attack from enemy tanks!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Gideon020 posted:

I wonder, if you do launch a tac-nuke, is that a game over?

No, but it does subtract from your points score!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The Soviet assault gathers pace, and the men in the city are taking losses! can I hold out and continue to give as good as I get?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Two more videos, and I kinda need those reinforcements. Like. now.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The bodies and wreaked tanks are really starting to pile up now!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Part 7 - My tanks are starting to take losses now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Part 8 - Reinforcements begin to arrive!

Part 9 - The soviet advance begins to slow!

Part 10 - And stalls! time for my boys to push back!

Part 11 - The tanks keep advancing, and Soviet Losses are mounting once more!