Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Problem description: Since I recently swapped out my GPU (2080ti -> 3090), whenever my screen(s) go to sleep they immediately wake up again. I have 3 screens connected through displayport.

Additionally, when using VMWare or certain youtube streams, I've been getting the "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." errors since the GPU switchout. Haven't seen it in a while but I also stopped using vmware because of this.

Attempted fixes:

I think I did the usuals:

* Uninstalled drivers with DDU, and clean install
* Updated drivers with clean install checked
* Closed all programs I had running (not all background programs)
* Disconnected USB devices
* Changed power management settings, and restored to defaults
* Disconnected all screens and tried them one by one.

Recent changes: Switched out GPU and PSU.

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64bits

System specs:

* Gigabyte z390 UD
* i9-9900k
* 64gb DDR4-3200 Corsair LPX
* Gigabyte 3090 aorus master
* WD M2 SSD 512gb
* Samsung 860evo 1tb

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes.

Your support is extremely welcome, it's driving me nuts :)

geonetix fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I went to a Corsair 850W. Downclocking the GPU memory is a thing I'll try next, thanks. The error hasn't shown up in a while, so I'm still more concerned about the "screens immediately wake up after going to sleep thing", however.